Nyquist & Tatar

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
i am not giving up on them. But if a trade for a legit #1 defensman comes along, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to trade them both if that's what it takes

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
i am not giving up on them. But if a trade for a legit #1 defensman comes along, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to trade them both if that's what it takes

Not happening, but if so it begins and ends with Larkin.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Not happening, but if so it begins and ends with Larkin.

Yeah, the "potential" of Nyquist and Tatar is done. They've established themselves as 2nd line wingers and their value is as such. Which is OK, but usually not the building block for a #1 defender.

Nobody was going to let the Wings flip Hudler for a top defender either. Same here.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Tatar's production looks slightly better this year but I have much more faith in Nyquist bouncing back going forward

Nyquist's production decrease from last year is pretty much entirely because the power-play has sucked(his even strength point totals are pretty much identical with 30 in 82 games last year and 28 in 75 this year)

Tatar meanwhile has dropped in even strength point production from 37 in 82 last year to 29 in 74 this year

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Yeah, the "potential" of Nyquist and Tatar is done. They've established themselves as 2nd line wingers and their value is as such. Which is OK, but usually not the building block for a #1 defender.

Nobody was going to let the Wings flip Hudler for a top defender either. Same here.

I don't necessarily consider wingers that have the ability to score 25-30 goals as 2nd line caliber wingers. We may see them like that. But how many 30+ goal score wingers are in this league?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I don't necessarily consider wingers that have the ability to score 25-30 goals as 2nd line caliber wingers. We may see them like that. But how many 30+ goal score wingers are in this league?

There's 0 on the Red Wings. The Wings haven't had a 30+ scorer since 2009. :laugh:

As for the league? 15 last year. 45 with 25+ goals. This year, there's 44 presently with over 25 goals, and more to come in the remaining few games. None will be Red Wings, though. :cry:

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

Just like people mean "franchise defenceman" when they talk about what they expect from a #1 defenceman, so when they talk about "1st line winger", what they actually mean is "all-star winger"

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Tatar's production looks slightly better this year but I have much more faith in Nyquist bouncing back going forward

Nyquist's production decrease from last year is pretty much entirely because the power-play has sucked(his even strength point totals are pretty much identical with 30 in 82 games last year and 28 in 75 this year)

Tatar meanwhile has dropped in even strength point production from 37 in 82 last year to 29 in 74 this year

Right. Not worrying about Gus bouncing back.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Gus finally stepped up vs. the Wild and was deservedly the 1st star. What a performance- with my short memory I'd say about his best this season. He proved he can still single handed take over in this league. Played great last game too, hope he can continue "exploding".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad