Nyquist skates around Sens zone with puck for 28 seconds and scores OT winner

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I'm going to be the ***** here and say that IMO that was kind of selfish. Multiple opportunities to dish the puck...

Good point. If the defense wasn't so mediocre on that play and didn't let Nyquist just skate around, we'd be talking about all those passes he ignored before he lost the puck

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Good point. If the defense wasn't so mediocre on that play and didn't let Nyquist just skate around, we'd be talking about all those passes he ignored before he lost the puck

If your aunt had gonads your aunt would be your uncle.

You do what you think is necessary to win the game, he did what he did and the result was beautiful.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

I don't see all these glorious passing opportunities he ignored. If he didn't score, we'd be talking about how the Wings lost another shootout

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011

That's a lot of "if's". He went for the throat, and it was a killing blow. Not many players have the poise to be able to pull that off, even against mediocre defense.

Give credit where credit is due.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Not mine but hilarious....someone needs to photoshop Sens jerseys on them all.

ALHnWan.gif

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
lol thats so troll.. he knows on4on4 the open space will eventually open up by itself so why pass ahah great goal

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Just saw the highlight on Sportscenter of all things :amazed:

Pretty fun play. Wish Nyqvist wasn't on the Wings.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I'm going to be the ***** here and say that IMO that was kind of selfish. Multiple opportunities to dish the puck...

Funny that you say this. Nyquist has made a ridiculous amount of sick set-ups this year that his line mates haven't been able to convert. When he was carrying on in this play, I actually laughed and said out loud "he doesn't want to pass it because he knows no one will finish it off."

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
He wasn't really pressured by anyone. They were fine leaving him the outside of the zone and covering passing lanes more than anything else.

It's nice, but it's not that nice.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
More players should keep the puck like this if not forced to pass. There were a couple easy gives to teammates that he declined. Nice goal.

Delicious Dangles*

I'm not sure when players holding onto a puck forever along the outside of the zone, even when there are better plays available to them, became the greatest thing since sliced bread. Especially 4 on 4, where it's much easier to get the space necessary to keep the puck.

It's great that he scored on a super weak shot I guess.

Halpysback*

He didn't pass because passing to a weaker player would have resulted in a lower chance of success.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013

If this was sarcasm I apologize but....

This is the kind of confidence and vision that separates normal players from great players. Knowing when to break the rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad