Speculation: Nylander XI - All rumors, proposals, discussion, etc. HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
While I agree that the Tavares' contract has no merit on William's value, it has prevented Toronto from getting him signed. No question about it.
Nope, not at all. Tavares contract has had zero impact on Nylander's signing. It hasn't prevented Toronto from signing him.

Toronto was never going to pay Nylander 8m, or anywhere close to it. The only thing preventing a Nylander contract is Nylander's demands.

As I Leaf fan I will say, I would rather have seen Tavares take the $13M @ 7 years from San Jose.
I would rather have Tavares.

The bigger question is Matthews, does he walk now that Tavares is in Toronto.
He can't "walk", and the obvious answer is no. There is zero reason for Matthews to want to leave, and there has been zero indication of such.

I think the JT signing has created a serious mess in T.O. We can thank Babcock for this, as he is the one that pushed for JT.
If by mess, you mean getting free elite assets, improving the team drastically, and not having any downsides, then yeah, thank you Babcock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Faulk being under rated is a nice change of pace as a canes fan. Not a knowledgeable fans about the Canes out there, not really surprising but makes it odd when people feel so confident talking about Canes players.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Faulk being under rated is a nice change of pace as a canes fan. Not a knowledgeable fans about the Canes out there, not really surprising but makes it odd when people feel so confident talking about Canes players.
Saying Faulk isn't worth Nylander isn't underrating him....it's stating a fact.

HC7

May 2, 2018
If someone says Faulk is worth Nylander just block them so I don't have to read that garbage.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I feel like that would be very stupid for LA to do, tbh. Nylander isn't worth both Pearson and Muzzin unless Toronto is adding a moderately significant piece with Nylander.
:laugh: What?

Those guys barely have more points than Nylander this season. Combined.

Muzzin is 29 and a lefty. Pearson is 26, and Has roughly the same number of points in his career as Nylander has in 2 seasons.

This addresses no needs for the Leafs, and nets the Kings the best player by a country mile. Not to mention both Kings players will be UFAs in the next few years.

Toronto does not add here. LA does. Significantly.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Nylander might be scoring close to that pace now, we don’t know.
Cool. So what? Even if he could now, he didn't before his contract came due. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. He didn't.

Again, you don't get a contract for what you wish you were, or what you wish you had done.

Plus Nylander might fancy himself as a centre, the fact the Leafs don’t use him there isn’t his fault.
Leafs have tried him at center, and he's worse. There is no indication that Nylander is unhappy with his role, that sees him in the highly advantageous position of playing wing next to the best goal-scorer in the league.

Players in their early 20s don't get to make demands about their role on the team.

Nylander also might or might not see himself as Marners equal.....but he might be concerned about the gap in salary being too big and doesn’t want to get screwed by signing first.
Well unless he's going to be sitting out the year, he'll be signing first.

Nylander's market value is not going to change, and thus his offer won't change, regardless of what Marner does or gets.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Carolina could with Pesce...not sure what LA could put together that would suit the Leafs needs.
Carolina could with Pesce...not sure what LA could put together that would suit the Leafs needs.

Would have to be centred around prospects. Only guy I would want on their roster apart from Doughty is Toffoli.

They have Clague, Villardi, Kupari, Anderson-Dolan, Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad