Speculation: Nylander XI - All rumors, proposals, discussion, etc. HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
pesce is the lesser player. think kessel trade (bos-tor)

As players, I can agree that Nylander is better. But value wise, including contracts, Pesce has more value. He would be more important to Toronto than Nylander, as they have the forward depth to replace Nylander but have weak D.

I don’t think an unsigned Nylander returns that much in a trade and because of that, I doubt he gets traded. Dubas will just wait him out.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
As players, I can agree that Nylander is better. But value wise, including contracts, Pesce has more value. He would be more important to Toronto than Nylander, as they have the forward depth to replace Nylander but have weak D.

I don’t think an unsigned Nylander returns that much in a trade and because of that, I doubt he gets traded. Dubas will just wait him out.
kessel also didnt have a contract when we traded for him.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Burke was an idiot and overpaid. I just don’t see something like that happening again. But hey, maybe call up Chiarelli :laugh:
if it was a 3rd overall pick instead of 2, it was a fine trade. its burkes fault it wasnt lottery protected

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Wrong Kessel trade my bad :laugh: Was thinking Kessel to Pittsburgh
Haha, I figured.
While of course those picks were never intended to be THAT high, they were never going to be late 1sts and Nylander had similar pedigree and better results than Kessel did at the time when he was traded as an unsigned RFA.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Do YOU think Matthews is close to McDavid, and/or deserves the same money as him?
No I don’t, but doesn’t mean I don’t think he will get that. Cap went up from a few years ago when CM signed, so he can make a case that on a % basis he gets the same which turns out to be more money. I definitely think he’s getting closer to 12.5 than 10

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lmao there's no way the leafs would be the ones adding in a Nylander/Pesce Deal.

Hurricanes would have to add more. Roy and/or Gauthier are other targets as well that should be asked for in the deal

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
People need to know that teams are calling the leafs not the other way around. If willy is dealt they will get a return. That and I have confidence in dubas being a competent gm.

Mar 26, 2010
Would have made more sense if it said "dropping badly"

Then I sort of would have got where he's coming from ;) #maketheNHLgreatagain
Well, it would be nice to see Toronto get him signed and back into the line up.

These low ball trade proposals are boring and old now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad