Nylander won't be traded (core piece)

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
No, his accrued cap hit for this year is $6.9m.

Ok so the $12m he's being paid doesn't matter
The $10.2M on Cap Friendly doesn't matter

But the pro rated $6.9 Cap that isn't listed anywhere (until next year) is the one that matters?

And we shouldn't expect more than Pastrnak because he's outplaying his cap hit and some inflation BS.
And we shouldn't expect him to be in game shape because it's not his fault he wasn't in camp or hasn't played a "real game" since April

I just wait patiently then while he gets himself ready to perform like $6.9M player. Is that correct?

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Ok so the $12m he's being paid doesn't matter
The $10.2M on Cap Friendly doesn't matter

But the pro rated $6.9 Cap that isn't listed anywhere (until next year) is the one that matters?

And we shouldn't expect more than Pastrnak because he's outplaying his cap hit and some inflation BS.
And we shouldn't expect him to be in game shape because it's not his fault he wasn't in camp or hasn't played a "real game" since April

I just wait patiently then while he gets himself ready to perform like $6.9M player. Is that correct?

It is on capfriendly. His accumulated daily cap hit + remaining daily cap hit.

Yea, you’ll need to wait for him to be in shape as a $7m player. Give it ~15 games.

Reactions: Walshy7

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He’s been terrible. For a player who made such heavy demands and sat out so long it’s disapponting to see he didn’t prepare himself more to make a big impact right away.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
It is on capfriendly. His accumulated daily cap hit + remaining daily cap hit.

Yea, you’ll need to wait for him to be in shape as a $7m player. Give it ~15 games.

Maybe he'll donate some of the money for those 15 games to a good charity since he should only be expected to play as a lower paid player during that time?

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Maybe he'll donate some of the money for those 15 games to a good charity since he should only be expected to play as a lower paid player during that time?

You’re pretty concerned about the philanthropy of the players, but he and others do tend to donate quite a bit of time and money to the community.

Outside of that, I’m not your shoulder to cry on sorts just leave it at this.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

You’re pretty concerned about the philanthropy of the players, but he and others do tend to donate quite a bit of time and money to the community.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
he should be ripped too 6 months in the gym
he should be in top shape

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
2nd. game.

Looked better last night.

Starting to make some plays, shows he's starting to get mentally up to speed with players who have been playing for almost 30 games, after playing several preseason games.

For Nylander this is preseason, and anyone who has actually watched hockey understand the preseason is not the time proclaim how good a player is going to be once the league is up to speed.

I shouldn't be amazed, some people actually believe Trump had the biggest crowd ever.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
2nd. game.

Starting to make some plays, shows he's starting to get mentally up to speed with players who have been playing for almost 30 games, after playing several preseason games.

For Nylander this is preseason, and anyone who has actually watched hockey understand the preseason is not the time proclaim how good a player is going to be once the league is up to speed.

I shouldn't be amazed, some people actually believe Trump had the biggest crowd ever.

His ability to stop up at the blueline, hold and create space is honestly amazing. Was on display last night. Once he's mentally tuned in he'll be making some plays.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Why would you expect a $7.5m player out of one that is signed to a $6.9m cap hit by a team that only cares about cap?
Well in that case I guess I should expect the same results as I would from a 10 million dollar player, since that is his cap hit this year. So far he is not close to a 10 million dollar player.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs GM Kyle Dubas was prominately quoted that as long as he is the GM, William Nylander will not be traded. Shanahan will then replace Dubas after two seasons and Nylander will be gonzo.

I don't know why sports fans would believe anything a player or executive would say publicly about contracts or trades. It's cap league and decisions have to made, and certainly Dubas and the Leafs aren't be held accountable to what they say in any press conference.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Well in that case I guess I should expect the same results as I would from a 10 million dollar player, since that is his cap hit this year. So far he is not close to a 10 million dollar player.

His cap hit this year will be $7m given cap hit accumulates daily. That’s what the cap friendly adjustment was partially about — making cap hit equal in all years.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
2nd. game.

1st game 12:00 TOI no shots, last night 16:00 TOI and 3 shots. The progression is there. He is close.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
6.9 for playing 2/3 of a season. So no diff then 10 million for a whole season.

Nope just 7. That’s all we care about is cap hit and that’s what he signed to. If you want to inflate to a partial season all you’re doing is moving the goal posts to find a reason to hate on the player or the GM.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He’s been terrible. For a player who made such heavy demands and sat out so long it’s disapponting to see he didn’t prepare himself more to make a big impact right away.
There's nothing like NHL game experience. Give it time and chill out

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Nope just 7. That’s all we care about is cap hit and that’s what he signed to. If you want to inflate to a partial season all you’re doing is moving the goal posts to find a reason to hate on the player or the GM.
who's hating lol. gee critique someone and labeled as a hater. too funny have a good day. :laugh:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don't know why sports fans would believe anything a player or executive would say publicly about contracts or trades. It's cap league and decisions have to made, and certainly Dubas and the Leafs aren't be held accountable to what they say in any press conference.

It’s weird that people have gotten so worked out about this.

You can probably dig up a quote from Lou the day Matt Martin was signed about how he sees him being an important part of the team for the next four years. Then 1.5 seasons later he was still a healthy scratch

Edit: typo

Last edited:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
It’s weird that people have gotten so worked out about this.

You can probably dig up a quote from Lou the day Matt Martin was signed ablutnhkw he sees him being an important part of the team for the next four years. Then 1.5 seasons he was still a healthy scratch

How often do players say., "I love this team and this city, I want to stay long term" and then leave as UFAs. Or GMs, say "We will do every possible to resign XXXXX, he's going to be a big part of the team long term." Then they sign another player instead.

I'm sure Dubas made that statement to the press, just so the discussion kinda stops at least for the season. Of course by many of the comments by fans on thread truly believe that Nylander will be a Leafs for six years. When I look at the Leafs cap for next, I just don't believe they can afford to keep Nylander. And certainly front end loading of the contract makes him desirable in a trade for other teams.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
How often do players say., "I love this team and this city, I want to stay long term" and then leave as UFAs. Or GMs, say "We will do every possible to resign XXXXX, he's going to be a big part of the team long term." Then they sign another player instead.

I'm sure Dubas made that statement to the press, just so the discussion kinda stops at least for the season. Of course by many of the comments by fans on thread truly believe that Nylander will be a Leafs for six years. When I look at the Leafs cap for next, I just don't believe they can afford to keep Nylander. And certainly front end loading of the contract makes him desirable in a trade for other teams.
that contract for next season may be 1 of the most tradable assets in the league

Reactions: lifelonghockeyfan

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Darn, I keep forgetting if I don't use :sarcasm: some think I'm being serious.

Sorry mavis, I'm not trying to give your boy a hard time. I'm sure he'll be back to his 20 goal form in 15 or so games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad