Not open for further replies.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Nylander for Kreider + McQuaid

gorton.jpg

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Question: Matthews is on a tear, and since most Leaf-fans post here, and it regards to Nylander aswell.

Is Matthews tearing it up: Because he is a better in general this season.
B: Better Chemistry with Marlöööööö and Kapanen then Nylander+Hyman
C: Kapanen replaced Hyman and is so much better.
D: Combo of all three
E: Just luck

Nylander resigns, would he ever have the chance to play next to Matthews or has Kapanen booted him out? (could they play Kap, Nylander and Matthews?)

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
with Matthews up tp 13 million and marner up to 10 now if we project out 6 million for nylander is too much.
Yep, That's why Willie gets either a bridge deal or we now have him on the sidelines until we can sort the cap situation out. He'll have to wait until we sign Mathews and Marner now. I've stated the same before, Willies best deal was before the 1st puck dropped. He blew it.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Question: Matthews is on a tear, and since most Leaf-fans post here, and it regards to Nylander aswell.

Nylander resigns, would he ever have the chance to play next to Matthews or has Kapanen booted him out? (could they play Kap, Nylander and Matthews?)
Matthews is just playing at another level right now, part of that is luck due to his shooting percentage, but he looks better by the eye test. Marleau is actually kinda invisible on that line, and I feel him and Hyman are kinda a toss up for most (I think Hyman is the better player though), but Willy is a better player than Kapanen. If Matthews was playing with Hyman and Nylander I think his results would be even better but that's just me.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Matthews is just playing at another level right now, part of that is luck due to his shooting percentage, but he looks better by the eye test. Marleau is actually kinda invisible on that line, and I feel him and Hyman are kinda a toss up for most (I think Hyman is the better player though), but Willy is a better player than Kapanen. If Matthews was playing with Hyman and Nylander I think his results would be even better but that's just me.
Id bet there is no way Mathews would take a "do over" with Nylander.
But yeah Mathews is a beast, Doughty just couldn't contain him. Shielded off another king player with one hand, he's just been a beast in every sense of the word.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Dermott does play sheltered 3rd pairing munutes on a cup contender and excels in that role. Nurse plays top pair/#3 on a **** team and excels...

Actually, they faced similar QoC last season according to corsica hockey.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Braun is criminally underrated. He was on the top pair with Vlasic last season, was a monster defensively and put up 33 points.

Hainsey doesn’t have much value at all. LeBlanc is a 20 point drop up front which seems worth it to replace a #6 Dman with a #2/3. Don’t forget that Nylander is also in a contract dispute so his value is less than it would be with term.

If Nylander's value is less then why should the leafs trade him. They're not giving him away.

Let him rot in Europe, because nobody is getting him for cheap.

Also, Braun isn't underrated. He plays with a top pairing defenceman who drags up his reputation. On his own, he's not close to being a top pairing guy.

Reactions: bukwas

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
no way matthews gets more than mcdavid, before the season i thought 11.5, he might get 12.

He'll ask for something closer to McDavid at this point, even if his season point projection declines a bit. I certainly don't see a large difference between the two at the moment.

I don't believe that Toronto can expect every player to take discounts for the sake of playing in Toronto, particularly those that are not Canadian and did not grow up as a Leaf fan.

Reactions: Confucius

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
It's A and E. He's getting lucky, but he has definitely taken a step forward this year.

Marleau/Kapanen are about equal to Hyman/Nylander in terms of effectiveness so far.

I think it's unlikely they do Kapanen, Matthews and Nylander on the same line. I don't think Marleau leaves that line unless he's really struggling or pulling it down. I think they'll want to make sure Marleau gets points in case he is willing to be traded next offseason.

I think what is most likely, is Nylander starts on the Kadri line to get back up to speed, and then he switches with Kapanen.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I certainly don't see a large difference between the two at the moment.
I mean I guess aside from the generational prospect status, the 3/3 PPG+ seasons including two 100+ point seasons, 2 Art Ross, 2 Lindsays, a Hart...

It would have to be quite the case to make more than McDavid based on 1 year.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
If Nylander's value is less then why should the leafs trade him. They're not giving him away.

Let him rot in Europe, because nobody is getting him for cheap.

Also, Braun isn't underrated. He plays with a top pairing defenceman who drags up his reputation. On his own, he's not close to being a top pairing guy.

Stop trying to undervalue other team’s players. Braun is a good defensive player who also put up 33 points last year. I doubt being in Toronto you watch a lot of Sharks games and haven’t taken the time to do research online.

Also I included LeBlanc (or Meier, probably could take your pick). Both are good, young, cheap wingers who can likely score at around a 50 point pace in Toronto.

This shores up the Leafs defense while also replacing a great young winger with a good young winger. Deal works for San Jose as well. Don’t forget Nylander is still not under contract. If he wants 7 million it is not that hard to find a small 60 point player for 7 millon in free agency.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Whether you love the Leafs or despise them, it is hard for anyone to look at this and say it isn't a worst-case scenario for Nylander and this has been a disaster for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad