Speculation: Nylander VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2017
For such a smart guy it baffles me that a 1-2 goal difference is enough to mean regression, yet the +20 on the season and way less time spent in the box means nothing.

Edit: Forgot goals are the only thing that matter. My bad.
And less points per game, while spending less time in the box. Oof.

Jan 21, 2018
man i feel so bad for nylander but i can't blame him at all. he deserves a trade, he went above and beyond as a leaf in his two seasons but he's expendable now that matthews is so damn good he can make kapanen look line a 1st line W (Kunitz-itis?)

is there a consensus on what a fair top 4Dman for nylander is?

Reactions: powerstuck

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
man i feel so bad for nylander but i can't blame him at all. he deserves a trade, he went above and beyond as a leaf in his two seasons but he's expendable now that matthews is so damn good he can make kapanen look line a 1st line W (Kunitz-itis?)

is there a consensus on what a fair top 4Dman for nylander is?
My goodness...

Feb 24, 2017
Keep trying bud. We all appreciate that you are doing your best.
63FCD10B-D522-449A-83F0-3CADC4ACF1A3.gif

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
One of your other blue jamokes pointed out that he was in the box less last year too. So it seems like he spent even more time playing to produce at a lower level. Dayum.

2017/2018 ATOI: 16:41
2016/2017 ATOI: 16:01

Dammit you are right. He should've had atleast 20 more points. My bad bro.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
I'd like Edmonton to take a run at trading for Nylander, but I am very concerned what the asking price would be. I've seen some rational ideas from Leaf fans and some irrational ideas. One thing is clear to me: Nylander's negotiation strength gets weaker with every win the Leafs get. They look like they're a runaway train offensively. He isn't being missed.

Edmonton has only played 3 games and all on the road so far. The next seven games are tough. If the team stumbles out of the gate perhaps a move could be made. Could Nylander be a target? He'd look good on the top line or even on the 2nd with Draisaitl. What would the ask be?
I’m not sure Edmonton has the assets they’d be willing to part with for Nylander.

Young top-pairing or top pairing potential RHD is the likely asking price for a guy of Nylander’s caliber.

Larson isn’t that young anymore and doesn’t look like he’ll be a legit top pairing dman, and Nurse is a lefty... and again... pretty decent sized question mark about whether he’ll be a top pairing dman.

Either guy would require a significant add.

Nylander also isn’t the prototypical Chiarelli player. Don’t see much interest from him.

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
Any interest in:

Klefbom + Pulju/Yamo + 1st/Bear
For
Nylander + Gardiner/Dermott

Don’t know why other fans try to sneak Travis Dermott into Nylander proposals. He’s easily the Leafs 2nd most important defender after Rielly when you consider Gardiner is a pending UFA.

As for the trade above, no thanks. Nurse and your first gets the needle moving though

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
thx but the Habs still had an unfair pre draft advantage. :naughty:
Nope, urban legend, except for the 1st year of the universal amateur draft when Pollock somehow got his hands on Houle and Tardif.

You should be aware that, with rare exceptions related to pursuing studies or not wanting to go far from home, no one who could chew gum and lace up his skates at the same time was unsigned by the time he was eligible for the then existing amateur draft.

1963-64-65-66-67: did not use the rule that you're probably referring to
1968: Michel Plasse and Roger Bélisle.

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
Any interest in:

Klefbom + Pulju/Yamo + 1st/Bear
For
Nylander + Gardiner/Dermott

Not a good trade for the Oilers. Klefbom is better than Gardiner/Dermott. Way too early to give up on Pulijujarvi, although I think he and a conditional 1st/2nd would be a fair trade value for Nylander . Condition on whether the Oilers make the playoffs.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Not a good trade for the Oilers. Klefbom is better than Gardiner/Dermott. Way too early to give up on Pulijujarvi, although I think he and a conditional 1st/2nd would be a fair trade value for Nylander . Condition on whether the Oilers make the playoffs.

Klefbom hasn't been good for over a year now.

Dermott is probably our most important defenseman after Rielly. He's firmly cementing himself into the core here long-term. He's definitely been our best defensively to start the year too. (And he plays both sides).

He's following a similar trajectory to Morrissey. Both guys will be /were underrated until they start proving themselves as household names around the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad