Not open for further replies.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Any interest in:

Klefbom + Pulju/Yamo + 1st/Bear
For
Nylander + Gardiner/Dermott

Try Bouchard straight Up. No interest in another lefty, especially one that is trending behind both Reilly and Dermott. It’s a whole lot of question marks for established NHLers

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If it was Nurse and Pujlu/1st for Nylander and Gardiner, I'd consider it.

Don’t know why other fans try to sneak Travis Dermott into Nylander proposals. He’s easily the Leafs 2nd most important defender after Rielly when you consider Gardiner is a pending UFA.

As for the trade above, no thanks. Nurse and your first gets the needle moving though

Nylander for Nurse + Puju/1st

Not a good trade for the Oilers. Klefbom is better than Gardiner/Dermott. Way too early to give up on Pulijujarvi, although I think he and a conditional 1st/2nd would be a fair trade value for Nylander . Condition on whether the Oilers make the playoffs.

Try Bouchard straight Up. No interest in another lefty, especially one that is trending behind both Reilly and Dermott. It’s a whole lot of question marks for established NHLers

Sorry, Nurse and Bouchard are an absolute no go. That's gonna be our top pair in 2 years and a pretty good one at that.

I don't think there's a deal to be made here then.. (Without Klefbom in it)

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Sorry, Nurse and Bouchard are an absolute no go. That's gonna be our top pair in 2 years and a pretty good one at that.

I don't think there's a deal to be made here then.. (Without Klefbom in it)

Wouldn't consider either Bouchard or Nurse for Nylander.

I don't think Nurse even surpasses Dermott on the leafs depth chart.

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
The way i see it: Toronto can either buck up and spend the money on their budding star... Or trade him for less than his value.

Toronto is willing to pony up the cash, but Nylander is holding out for more. Neither side is wrong in their pursuit.

That being said, Toronto is in a vulnerable spot with trading him, but Willy is in a vulnerable spot in negotiating because he's not going to return what's worth what they'd get back. He is in a tight spot.

Ultimately, he's going to re-sign. The cap will likely go up, and Toronto can afford him... But it's going to be pricier than tml fans want. They just gotta hope the cap continues to go up...

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
Klefbom hasn't been good for over a year now.

Dermott is probably our most important defenseman after Rielly. He's firmly cementing himself into the core here long-term. He's definitely been our best defensively to start the year too. (And he plays both sides).

He's following a similar trajectory to Morrissey. Both guys will be /were underrated until they start proving themselves as household names around the league.

Yup Dermott has looked great. Klefbom had an off year but he is still an excellent defenseman. Dermott doesn’t have a large enough sample size and without the pedigree it is hard to put his value as equal to an established Dman like Klefbom. If Dermott can keep this up into his 3rd full season then the value would be there.

Gardiner doesn’t have much value to the Oilers.

Klefbom for Nylander might work although the Oilers can’t really afford to lose him.

A trade that works well for both teams is Braun & LeBlanc for Nylander and Hainsey.

Braun is a good RHD playing behind Karlsson and Burns. He would make a legit top pairing with Reilly. San Jose is weak at right wing with LeBlanc on the 1st and Meier on the 2nd. LeBlanc would it into Toronto’s top six. Hainsey moves to 3rd pairing right side in San Jose.

Toronto massively upgrades defense and fills a hole up front with a good young player.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Yup Dermott has looked great. Klefbom had an off year but he is still an excellent defenseman. Dermott doesn’t have a large enough sample size and without the pedigree it is hard to put his value as equal to an established Dman like Klefbom. If Dermott can keep this up into his 3rd full season then the value would be there.

Gardiner doesn’t have much value to the Oilers.

Klefbom for Nylander might work although the Oilers can’t really afford to lose him.

A trade that works well for both teams is Braun & LeBlanc for Nylander and Hainsey.

Braun is a good RHD playing behind Karlsson and Burns. He would make a legit top pairing with Reilly. San Jose is weak at right wing with LeBlanc on the 1st and Meier on the 2nd. LeBlanc would it into Toronto’s top six. Hainsey moves to 3rd pairing right side in San Jose.

Toronto massively upgrades defense and fills a hole up front with a good young player.

Justin Braun is a 30+ defenceman who isn't even that good. The most optimistic take on him would be to call him a middle pairing guy.

That might be the most horrible offer I've seen on this thread yet.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Nope, urban legend, except for the 1st year of the universal amateur draft when Pollock somehow got his hands on Houle and Tardif.

You should be aware that, with rare exceptions related to pursuing studies or not wanting to go far from home, no one who could chew gum and lace up his skates at the same time was unsigned by the time he was eligible for the then existing amateur draft.

1963-64-65-66-67: did not use the rule that you're probably referring to
1968: Michel Plasse and Roger Bélisle.
What I am referring to is how the Habs were allowed to set up feeder jr leagues in prime hockey hotbeds. Other teams caught on quickly but the Habs had the best spots locked down.

The Mentalist

Jun 29, 2018
The way i see it: Toronto can either buck up and spend the money on their budding star... Or trade him for less than his value.

Toronto is willing to pony up the cash, but Nylander is holding out for more. Neither side is wrong in their pursuit.

That being said, Toronto is in a vulnerable spot with trading him, but Willy is in a vulnerable spot in negotiating because he's not going to return what's worth what they'd get back. He is in a tight spot.

Ultimately, he's going to re-sign. The cap will likely go up, and Toronto can afford him... But it's going to be pricier than tml fans want. They just gotta hope the cap continues to go up...

That's horrible for Toronto. They are not going to trade Nylander for 32 year-old aging dman.

Reactions: Confucius

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
Justin Braun is a 30+ defenceman who isn't even that good. The most optimistic take on him would be to call him a middle pairing guy.

That might be the most horrible offer I've seen on this thread yet.

Braun is criminally underrated. He was on the top pair with Vlasic last season, was a monster defensively and put up 33 points.

Hainsey doesn’t have much value at all. LeBlanc is a 20 point drop up front which seems worth it to replace a #6 Dman with a #2/3. Don’t forget that Nylander is also in a contract dispute so his value is less than it would be with term.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
What I am referring to is how the Habs were allowed to set up feeder jr leagues in prime hockey hotbeds. Other teams caught on quickly but the Habs had the best spots locked down.
They were allowed ? Nope.

They spent money to sponsor junior teams and create a farm clubs system.

That, ironically, was the idea of an executive who quit the Leafs after a clash with Conn Smythe, Frank Selke.

Thank you Leafs.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
They were allowed ? Nope.

They spent money to sponsor junior teams and create a farm clubs system.

That, ironically, was the idea of an executive who quit the Leafs after a clash with Conn Smythe, Frank Selke.

Thank you Leafs.
I am 100% aware :(. I feel it massively affected to competitive balance of the NHL , we have had this debate in yrs past.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
with Matthews up tp 13 million and marner up to 10 now if we project out 6 million for nylander is too much.

canucklehead44

Jun 28, 2015
Dermott does play sheltered 3rd pairing munutes on a cup contender and excels in that role. Nurse plays top pair/#3 on a **** team and excels...

Leafs are my #2 team and I hate the Oilers. Comparing Nurse to Dermott as this stage is comical. Every team in the league would take Nurse over Dermott in a heartbeat.

Reactions: TFHockey

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
with Matthews up tp 13 million and marner up to 10 now if we project out 6 million for nylander is too much.

no way matthews gets more than mcdavid, before the season i thought 11.5, he might get 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad