Confirmed with Link: Nylander Re-signs: 6 Year x $6.9 AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
LOL, only players on that list that matters is Matthews/Marner...the other are replaceble or an afterthought when they move on.

LEIVO, ENNIS, MARICIN, LINDHOLM, HAINSEY LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLz
You forgot gardiner :) but yeah keep pumping that narrative.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It does. But i don’t think he was even going to sign a deal that WASNT tradeable.

I think folks thinking this = a trade will be out to lunch.

I agree with you on that one, there's plenty of guys I'd trade before I traded a 22 year old 60 point kid with a 7M cap hit

It's going to take some massaging though, Pridham has his work cut out

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Win-Win

He actually technically signed for $7.5 mil AAV (minus the roughly 0.5 mil AAV of his holdout), and the Leafs managed with the holdout savings to keep the cap hit under $7 mil ($6.996).

Technically almost meeting in the middle if the Leafs started at $6 mil AAV and he started at $8.5 mil AAV.
Marner is so getting 10

TheMidlifeCrisisGuy

Nov 26, 2018
This isn't going to cripple the team, but with Marner also on pace to earn more than expected we need to get creative and trim some salary from other places.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
wait a minute, whats this? mikey was right? we caved a million??????

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun 5m5 minutes ago
More
Pierre LeBrun Retweeted Bob McKenzie
Any way you look at it, while it’s a crummy experience sitting out two months, when you consider the Leafs were at 6 x 6 at the start of the season and desperately didn’t want to go above 6.5 for the longest time, the ordeal was well worth it financially for Nylander

sounds like we met in the middle

Reactions: Walshy7

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Nobody “lost” this deal. Granted the aav is high for now but it’ll be worth it when he’s a ppg player for years 2-6. You sign your highly skilled players and fill in around them with hard working players on the cheap. Losing Gardiner? If you’ve watched the Marlies recently you’ll know we have a very good one in Sandin. And Dermott has emerged as a top 4. Stop worrying and enjoy this powerhouse offensive team this year.

Reactions: hullsy47

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yea he gets close to half his contract paid before July 2 2019......hmmmm wonder why they would do that?

You'd think the player would want the big bonus in the potential lock out year, but they decided to pay it all just as Marner and Matthews new deals commence.

It's almost like they are maximizing his value come July.

Nah, I'm sure they'll trade Brown if they need space.

I'd trade Brown in a heartbeat to keep Nylander

I'd set up every contract to make it as tradeable as possible, that's just smart business

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
What?

I don’t care about anything other than the cap hit being under 7. I don’t care how it’s structured or what he gets paid when.

Just that the cap hit started with a 6. And it did. I said that back in July, so I’m sticking with it now.

In the heat of the moment, yeah, I wish it was 6.7, but overall, 200K extra on a player like Nylander won’t cripple us.
What are you not understanding about this? the cap hit (the issue you are bitching about) got completely f***ed over by the bonuses which we conceded to recover his LOST MONEY FROM THIS YEAR. It was always 100% about the money, what aren't you getting? The $$$$$$$$$$ is all that mattered to the nylanders, it had nothing to do with cap hit. And just to be perfectly clear here, im explaining that this was a concession over salary for time missed. Thats what we lost.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Lol. It is 6.996 which is 4000 less then 7m.

His average is 7.5 based on how much he sign for which is an overpayment for him.

Babcock could be paid 50m per year he is not part of the cap and you posted pure nonsense anyways.

What does how much money the Leafs have in the bank have to do with the salary cap? Absolutely nothing the same as your post.

So why do you keep hanging on 7.5? How is that number relevant? How is that number important?
Please explain ... I am listening.

Reactions: Menzinger

horner

May 22, 2007
He should also pack a bag for Phoenix, because he will be there 7 months from now after the bonuses are paid.

Only 24.4M left to be paid from July 2 2019. A $4.88 financial hit for the $6.9 cap hit.

Financial bottom feeders, come get em!
I agree

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

I'd set up every contract to make it as tradeable as possible, that's just smart business

So would I if that was the option.

And they most certainly did

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018

I'm ok with replacing Brown with Ennis and I like Brown.

Hyman might not be long for this team either. We can't have the overpaid Babcock Red Wings role players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad