Speculation: "Nylander may have to be traded"

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I’m on my phone so don’t have the energy to copy paste all the information about the leafs cap situation, but they can comfortably afford Willie at 6.1$/y

This is bs
ya leaving you 2 mill after you sign AM Also who s to say Willy is only after 6? he has back to back 61 point seasons. and is a center being used as a winger. He holds the cards not the Leafs cap hell is coming. After AM 2 mill will not get you the pieces you need to compete. Sooner or later you leaf fans will realize. You should have stayed the course on the rebuild. For gods sake your prospect pool is ranked 30th. You have no money to fill important holes on your team. Face facts This team will score. But is also going to give up a ton of quality chances and come playoff time offense tends to dry up.l

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
The damn GM said "we can and we will" when asked about keeping the young core together. Why is this a story? Pastrnak didn't sign until september, just before camp last year.
MB also said PK was not going to be traded. What else is Doogie going to say? Especially with you insane Leaf fans.

Reactions: Snowman

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Leafs can commit >45% of their cap to 4 forwards, but it will seriously impact their ability to maintain depth and a strong defense. It might be worth trying, and then moving Nylander in the future if it's not working out.

Reactions: Snowman

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
HockeyBuzz.com - GARTH'S CORNER - Reinhart, Nylander Wants What Larkin Is Having

Powerful Quote:

"I don’t see a $6M AAV for 8 seasons in Nylander’s future in Toronto, who must also re-sign Austin Matthews and Mitch Marner to mega deals. Matthews will earn $11M AAV and Marner will earn $8M AAV long term. John Tavares is already earning $11M AAV on a fat l, long term contract. Nylander may have to be traded to another NHL team to achieve his salary expectations of $6M plus AAV."

Powerful Title:

"Nylander/Reinhart wants what Larkin is having" (although this seems like bad English)

I thought that a deal done from 1 of these three would create a domino effect.

The leafs are in a situation now and for the foreseeable future where they are going to have to trade good players because they are committed to better ones (Tavares, Matthews, and Marner).
I don't understand this. $6MM for 8 years is a bargain for Nylander.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I think we should all wait and see what's going to happen, and what numbers will come out of all the signings.

We draft well, and will fill holes going forward if things get dicey. However, I believe management has a plan, and I am sure they have talked to the players and agents.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Leafs would be ecstatic to sign Nylander long-term at under $6.5-mill. Hockeybuzz is... well, not reliable to put it nicely. Many posts have outlined that the Leafs can realistically keep all 4.

Who should we believe...the GM of the team or HockeyBuzz...hmmm...
Critical thinking is asking a lot of some posters around these parts.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Who should we believe...the GM of the team or HockeyBuzz...hmmm...
If he were to move Nylander a) he would sign him first b) he wouldn't tell anyone in the media.
Just because he said he would sign them all doesn't mean he will keep them all.

*** I don't believe nor am saying Dubas is a liar.

Reactions: STLomacneko

member 157595

Good lord if he's willing to accept it you sign the shit out of Nylander for 8x6. That's a steal.

He won't take that though.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
If he were to move Nylander a) he would sign him first b) he wouldn't tell anyone in the media.
Just because he said he would sign them all doesn't mean he will keep them all.

*** I don't believe nor am saying Dubas is a liar.
Sure, that's fair. It's just funny that people actually think that these randoms at HockeyBuzz would get the scoop from the Leafs.

Reactions: kennymoney

NotNotALeafsFan

Oct 11, 2013
Toronto
ya leaving you 2 mill after you sign AM Also who s to say Willy is only after 6? he has back to back 61 point seasons. and is a center being used as a winger. He holds the cards not the Leafs cap hell is coming. After AM 2 mill will not get you the pieces you need to compete. Sooner or later you leaf fans will realize. You should have stayed the course on the rebuild. For gods sake your prospect pool is ranked 30th. You have no money to fill important holes on your team. Face facts This team will score. But is also going to give up a ton of quality chances and come playoff time offense tends to dry up.l
This made me giggle. Please post more often

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Definitely.

I'm thinking they're trying to get him to 8 years which is a little more difficult, going to be a higher cap then Ehlers/Larkin because they'll be eating more ufa years.

Still see him at 6.5-6.8 for 8 years, and about 300k less every year you go down.
You're in the ball park.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Lol Willy just turned 22 in May and is coming off Back to Back 61 pt seasons. He’s still extremely young and improving, it would be a mistake to trade him, especially to a rival for Paches

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad