Speculation: Nylander III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
last few days are the biggest, players often sign here cause starting Wednesday Nylander will start to lose money.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Ehlers and Nylander have been pretty much neck and neck since their draft years nothing really has changed I preferred Ehlers before the draft and think it's pretty much a wash at this point.

These two players should be locked up to pretty much identical contracts, why on earth does Nylander think he should be getting paid two million a season more than Ehlers, when Ehlers has actually outscored him the past two years (by two points FWIW).

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Lol so they can have 4 players make over 10 mil.

They can trade Matthews for 2 solid $5-6M wingers and a 1st rounder or two and some 3rd rounders and other stuff and have Marner and Tavares playing at center.
With Marner, Tavares, those wingers and Karlsson they'll be a competitor and they'll fit under the cap.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Ehlers and Nylander have been pretty much neck and neck since their draft years nothing really has changed I preferred Ehlers before the draft and think it's pretty much a wash at this point.

These two players should be locked up to pretty much identical contracts, why on earth does Nylander think he should be getting paid two million a season more than Ehlers, when Ehlers has actually outscored him the past two years (by two points FWIW).
Ehlers had an extension in place last year, cap inflation and torontos other young stars potential much higher payout has nylanders camp wanting more.

Reactions: behemolari

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Regardless of when he actually signs, at this point isn't it a given that Nylander is going to have an absolutely brutal season having missed all of training camp? I can't think of one example of a holdout coming in late and actually doing well...

Reactions: TheBigLetowski

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Regardless of when he actually signs, at this point isn't it a given that Nylander is going to have an absolutely brutal season having missed all of training camp? I can't think of one example of a holdout coming in late and actually doing well...
Trouba.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015

Not a holdout, but guys come in after missing camp and often much more due to injury and do fine. Ellis last year for example.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean, ideally for the Leafs that'd be a great signing. I'm not sure where the disconnect is though.
I mean I think the idea is that the Leafs aren't going to budge and that when it comes time to missing a pay cheque Nylander will sign on to something close to what the team is offering.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
tenor.gif
Him signing a fair contract is confusing to you or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad