Speculation: Nylander III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekeyPete

Dec 18, 2002
pg bc
with all this talk of taking a discount, i wonder how much of a discount marner and mathews will take? i say none. i don't think nylander is worth more than 6 mil. but he sure does or he would have been signed. this year's 6 mil is a 7.5 mil contract next year for the same type of player. he is covering his ass in the future. which is what a player has to do.
ask the front office guys to " take a hit for the team" and they'd laugh you out of their office.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
No that was shannhan value. He was a great player but wasn’t a sakic or forsberg. Also that was 15 years I know what 6.5 million was 15 years ago. 6.5 now in Toronto is great but not anything crazy

Salaries were reduced after the lockout also. Anyway, do people think Nylander is Shanahan? If so, give us your best offer and he's yours. :laugh:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
with all this talk of taking a discount, i wonder how much of a discount marner and mathews will take? i say none. i don't think nylander is worth more than 6 mil. but he sure does or he would have been signed. this year's 6 mil is a 7.5 mil contract next year for the same type of player. he is covering his ass in the future. which is what a player has to do.
ask the front office guys to " take a hit for the team" and they'd laugh you out of their office.

He is worth 6+ but I too think Marner and Matthews won't take a discount. Nylander is just first in line with no idea what next guys will do so he's screwed.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Probably none.

Matthews even commented on Shanahan's comments this morning:

I doubt his agent is going to sign off on the discount. I could see him signing a "reasonable" contract ie. 11-11.5 million. Wouldn't really consider that a discount though.

Players very rarely take significant discounts. The only reason this is being brought up so much is because Leaf fans have been insistent the last couple years that this will somehow be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad