Nylander Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He's been good this year, it's the other two, mainly Marner that doesn't seem like a value contract.
Marner had a much better game than Nylander did last night, nowhere near good enough, but better than fly by Willy did.

Reactions: Al14

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
In the summer I predicted Willy would have a little Forsberg in him this year and would prove that’s he’s a star player.
So far he’s proving to be the most useless player in the league.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
That’s the logical first step.
That also goes for others besides Nylander.

Right now Matthews is getting paid as a franchise center and he is playing more like a goal scoring winger. Defense and compete are average, there is no forecheck and consistency is lacking.
I highlight Nylander because he's the one who seems to be penalized while Matthews and others see regular ice time when struggling

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Nuff said

I’m not sure they could even get benching right

giphy.gif

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
okay I'll bite, do you think Nylander has been better than Marner overall career wise? NHL career, not big ice can't find me can't hit me Swedish National team now I'll light it up hockey.
I'm not comparing Nylander to Marner, they are not in the same salary bracket.

Marner is paid as a top 10 in the NHL.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
That’s the logical first step.
That also goes for others besides Nylander.

Right now Matthews is getting paid as a franchise center and he is playing more like a goal scoring winger. Defense and compete are average, there is no forecheck and consistency is lacking.
I see Matthews as more of a winger. He doesn't play like a center. Never really has.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
okay I'll bite, do you think Nylander has been better than Marner overall career wise? NHL career, not big ice can't find me can't hit me Swedish National team now I'll light it up hockey.

Nylander is a much better player than he is given credit for. Remember, Nylander also played in the AHL where many a night players were taking runs at him on smaller ice. The difference was his coaches used him in all situations as a go to guy. Babcock does not play or treat him the same way. His confidence level has really been hurt, and the way you play is all about confidence.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I'm not comparing Nylander to Marner, they are not in the same salary bracket.

Marner is paid as a top 10 in the NHL.
Well Marner is 13th right now, so not that far off. Also same ratio even strength to PP points as McDavid and you’ll note his PP numbers are in line with pretty much every other top scorer.

Reactions: Mitch Tavares

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He sucked tonight. If he should be benched for it, so should half the team.

As usual, he's just the convenient scapegoat for some people.

He was benched.

But they should take turns, but being invisible on the ice or on the bench pretty much equal.

What is funny, he is credited with 4 shots on net, same as marner, and 3 more than Matthews.
He had zero hits, same as Matthews.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Well Marner is 13th right now, so not that far off. Also same ratio even strength to PP points as McDavid and you’ll note his PP numbers are in line with pretty much every other top scorer.
No no, for that tier in the NHL, you better play great at both ends of the ice and not take penalty after penalty in OT.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Nylander is a much better player than he is given credit for. Remember, Nylander also played in the AHL where many a night players were taking runs at him on smaller ice. The difference was his coaches used him in all situations as a go to guy. Babcock does not play or treat him the same way. His confidence level has really been hurt, and the way you play is all about confidence.

Willy Nylander's confidence has never ever been a problem. An increase in Nylander's confidence might cause a rip in the Space-Time Continuum. I wish he could share some of it with Gauthier and Marincin.

Reactions: DarkKnight

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
not that you were the one I was posing the question to, but please answer whether or not you think WN is better than MM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad