Speculation: Nylander Discussion - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Is a deal around Nylander for Petrovic+Hoffman work? and what is needed to be added to Nylander for Miller+Tuch

Nothing from Vegas' end. They wouldn't make that trade as is. Not that it's entirely bad value, but they're set on centers ATM, Tuch is on the way up, and Vegas shouldn't be doing anything that weakens a Nate Schmidt-less defense. Brannstrom is not ready to 1 for 1 replace Miller. He should be better in the future, but now is not the right time.

Reactions: JohnnyT91

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nylander doesn’t get you in the door of the ekblad sale.

I don't have a strong interest in Ekblad. Already 3-4 concussions and production/ability doesn't line up with his salary, so even if offered straight up, it's an easy decline if I am the Leafs.

We need to upgrade defense but if Nylander is departing, it has to be a good fit.

Feb 24, 2017
I don't have a strong interest in Ekblad. Already 3-4 concussions and production/ability doesn't line up with his salary, so even if offered straight up, it's an easy decline if I am the Leafs.

We need to upgrade defense but if Nylander is departing, it has to be a good fit.
Does the fact that the nhl is rapidly becoming the No Hit League not give you some confidence in the equal health of Willie and Aaron moving forward?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Does the fact that the nhl is rapidly becoming the No Hit League not give you some confidence in the equal health of Willie and Aaron moving forward?

Considering Kase and Sundqvist are out indefinitely due to concussions....no.

There is hitting for sure, also still the issue of lack of production/results to justify the salary Ekblad brings in.

Feb 24, 2017

There is hitting for sure, also still the issue of lack of production/results to justify the salary Ekblad brings in.
The production he brings offensively plus the defense he provides and the minutes he eats up you don’t think equal the salary Willie will likely command and get and his numbers?
I feel honestly they are a relatively close swap with Toronto needing to add a solid whatever cause the D makes the world go round baby! Ask any honest female. ;)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The production he brings offensively plus the defense he provides and the minutes he eats up you don’t think equal the salary Willie will likely command and get and his numbers?
I feel honestly they are a relatively close swap with Toronto needing to add a solid whatever cause the D makes the world go round baby! Ask any honest female. ;)

Ha, good sense of humor about it.

Just doesn't work for me to be honest. I don't want to set off any Jets/Blues fans but happy to add to Nylander to grab guys like Trouba/Parayko. Guys also become available that you wouldn't suspect every year, we'll see who that is this year.

Reactions: Sami Salo
Feb 24, 2017
Ha, good sense of humor about it.

Just doesn't work for me to be honest. I don't want to set off any Jets/Blues fans but happy to add to Nylander to grab guys like Trouba/Parayko. Guys also become available that you wouldn't suspect every year, we'll see who that is this year.
All good friend. Hockey’s back hey?!

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Florida would have to give up...

Borgstrom
McCann
Matheson

For

Nylander

Otherwise, they can forget it.
LMAO that is priceless :D :D :D :D What a great one :D :D :D

...unless you were serious?

We give up a young cost controlled Dman with 1st pairing potential and decimade our D group; then we add a fantastic young C prospect and a young cheap 3C, destroying our C depth... in what world does that make even an ounce of sense for Florida???

Nylander is a great young player, but no f-ing way should we pay this for him.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
All good friend. Hockey’s back hey?!

Yeah for sure. Pettersson looks like a beauty so far too. I think if he can stay healthy he has a real chance to win the Calder trophy. Dahlin will be special but at the same time, it is a lot easier for forwards to catch on in the league then defense.

Defense you generally need to experience some failure before you get better unless you're a super talent like a Doughty etc.

Feb 24, 2017
Yeah for sure. Pettersson looks like a beauty so far too. I think if he can stay healthy he has a real chance to win the Calder trophy. Dahlin will be special but at the same time, it is a lot easier for forwards to catch on in the league then defense.

Defense you generally need to experience some failure before you get better unless you're a super talent like a Doughty etc.
Elias has this shit wrapped up. And I’m not a fan who predicts good things for my team. He’s just that good, while also wow factoring. He’s the goods. The steak plus the sizzle.

As for defense, yeah man, I can’t think of one on my Canucks since Matthias Ohlund who was a veteran as a rookie.

That guy was special.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Cant get hit if you dont get the puck, Willie is sure ahead of the league :P

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
I would have to consider the Vegas deal

Tuch would add size to Torontos lineup while providing some speed and skill. Miller is signed to a nice deal in a position of need.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
It was Tuch's first season, he started in the AHL.

Goals are worth much more than points.

Tuch is 6'4, if Nylander is standing in front of him he might not see him.
Your posts in this thread are not very good. Playoffs is a small sample size. Pretty silly to compare 20 to 6 games as well. And then to mention tuch is 6"4 as if that is something great. Cool he is tall, so is yao ming?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Matthews is going to want at least 10.5 million a season next year. For Shanahan to suggest he should take a discount, while the team goes out and makes Tavares the highest paid player this season is laughable.

I predict both Marner and Matthews hold out next year. Maybe Nylander joins them.

Reactions: DaveG and go4hockey

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Matthews is going to want at least 10.5 million a season next year. For Shanahan to suggest he should take a discount, while the team goes out and makes Tavares the highest paid player this season is laughable.

I predict both Marner and Matthews hold out next year. Maybe Nylander joins them.

Matthews will get at least 11m, probably more.

The discount narrative has always been a pipedream invented by Leafs fans and to an extent the comments management has made.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com

Matthews will get at least 11m, probably more.

The discount narrative has always been a pipedream invented by Leafs fans and to an extent the comments management has made.

Management (Both Dubas and Shanahan) have both explicitly commented on trying/hoping to get players signed on discounts. How is it a "pipedream invented by Leafs fans". What a dumb post.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

How? Marner and matthews are both on their last elc year, Nylander can’t do the same he’s rfa.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Management (Both Dubas and Shanahan) have both explicitly commented on trying/hoping to get players signed on discounts. How is it a "pipedream invented by Leafs fans". What a dumb post.
Where have they ever explicitly stated that they expect their players to take discounts?

Seems like something you wouldn't want to say publicly, not a very good look and probably bad for negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce