Speculation: Nylander Discussion - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
FLA would probably jump for joy at a Petrovic+Hoffman swap. I think VGK's stays put tho

Reactions: klabob

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
FLA would probably jump for joy at a Petrovic+Hoffman swap. I think VGK's stays put tho
I am trying to think of a deal that we get some scoring help on the rw and get a D man. So I figure stop going big name hunting and go for Petro/Miller level guys and try to add a younger winger who may never be Nylander good but should be able to do something playing with Matthews.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Miller + Tuck is too much imo. Knights need to keep their D core intact.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
An unsigned Nylander isn't worth much, especially when he is asking for the moon and I wouldn't want Nylander to begin with and of course not trading good players for him.

Tuch at 925k is worth much more than Nylander at x millions.
Last playoffs:
20 games 6 goals Tuch
7 games 1 goal Nylander

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
An unsigned Nylander isn't worth much, especially when he is asking for the moon and I wouldn't want Nylander to begin with and of course not trading good players for him.

Last playoffs:
20 games 6 goals Tuch
7 games 1 goal Nylander

Nylander is still an RFA, unsigned RFA's do get dealt with high value. Tuch is only 925k this year, if he's better/as good as Nylander wouldn't he be signing at a similar cap hit next year?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Nylander is still an RFA, unsigned RFA's do get dealt with high value. Tuch is only 925k this year, if he's better/as good as Nylander wouldn't he be signing at a similar cap hit next year?
Possibly, but the ELC year is still valuable.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada

Last playoffs:
20 games 6 goals Tuch
7 games 1 goal Nylander
I mean yeah but like if you look at total points in the playoffs

Tuch - 20 Games - 10 Points - 0.5ppg

Nylander - 7 Games - 4 Points - 0.57ppg

Regular Season

Tuch - 78 Games - 37 Points - 0.47ppg

Nylander - 82 Games - 61 Points - 0.74 ppg

So really, Nylanders playoff production was .20+ ppg WORSE than in the regular season and Tuchs playoff production was 0.03ppg BETTER than his regular season. If we just assumed Nylander played 20 games in the playoffs like Tuch and got even half way back to his regular season ppg(0.65), he would have had 13 points.

Reactions: olli and Zrinski

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
It was Tuch's first season, he started in the AHL.

Goals are worth much more than points.

Tuch is 6'4, if Nylander is standing in front of him he might not see him.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Is a deal around Nylander for Petrovic+Hoffman work? and what is needed to be added to Nylander for Miller+Tuch
Are you kidding?
Both of those are horrible.
At least the Vegas one kind of makes sense but the Leafs dont need Tuch

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't see the rationale for Vegas or Florida, two teams who desperately need to keep their D intact and/or upgrade it themselves.

I can at least kind of understand the rationale for Toronto - upgrading the D - but I imagine they want more of a 1:1 kinda deal in that scenario, as they have wing depth to replace Nylander internally.

All 3 teams say no, I think.

Reactions: The Big D

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

You want a cookie for that? Nylander scored at a first line rate in his first season.

Goals are worth more than assists. One guy played x3 more games than the other guy in the playoffs, not sure how much mileage you're going to get with that comparison.

Great thing about big guys like that is you just go around them and score.

Reactions: Atomos2

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
As a Leaf fan, I'd strongly consider the Vegas deal.

The biggest challenge would be Tuch's contract -- he'd need to have a bridge deal signed before we put him with Matthews.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
You want a cookie for that? Nylander scored at a first line rate in his first season.

How much did Nylander improve on his first season.
I expect Tuch to improve, improve much. Maybe that's why he's wanted so much in trade proposals.

Goals are worth more than assists. One guy played x3 more games than the other guy in the playoffs, not sure how much mileage you're going to get with that comparison.

1 Nylander goal x3, not so difficult to guess and even if it is 6, Nylander is not better even in his 2nd season.

Great thing about big guys like that is you just go around them and score.

Why didn't Nylander do it in the playoffs.

I wonder how tall he really is because Thomas Hickey is listed at 6'0 too but Hickey is much smaller than guys who are listed at 5'11. Maybe there is a trick to measure with hair.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
How much did Nylander improve on his first season.
I expect Tuch to improve, improve much. Maybe that's why he's wanted so much in trade proposals.

1 Nylander goal x3, not so difficult to guess and even if it is 6, Nylander is not better even in his 2nd season.

Why didn't Nylander do it in the playoffs.

I wonder how tall he really is because Thomas Hickey is listed at 6'0 too but Hickey is much smaller than guys who are listed at 5'11. Maybe there is a trick to measure with hair.

Big yikes, good luck this season.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

A few things. Size is not as important in today’s NHL as it use to be. Secondly how exactly are goals worth more than points when the player getting the assist often is the guy who makes the goal happen.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Florida would have to give up...

Borgstrom
McCann
Matheson

For

Nylander

Otherwise, they can forget it.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Probably because I’m not as high on Tuch as others but both seem like bad deals for Toronto. If you watched them play tonight it was clear that their D depth is gonna kill them. They need a solid top line RD and shouldn’t accept anything less if they trade Nylander (though I feel they shouldn’t trade him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad