Speculation: Nylander contract talk Part II - (All Nylander talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The only thing I want on Columbus is Seth Jones and he's (understandably) not available.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I find proposed trade like this so laughable. You never mentioned the salary that CBJ would pay Nylander. If it's an overpayment why would CBJ do it? Setting a precedent for their team whom soon will have Dubois and Weresnki. If it's a reasonable contract, why wouldn't Nylander sign that contract for the Leafs.
So you now have set a precedent for the Leafs also. Allowing players to be traded to another team in their RFA years, just so they can get a few more dollars.
Totally unpractical for CBJ and Leafs for those reasons, though the trade value might be fair.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I find proposed trade like this so laughable. You never mentioned the salary that CBJ would pay Nylander. If it's an overpayment why would CBJ do it? Setting a precedent for their team whom soon will have Dubois and Weresnki. If it's a reasonable contract, why wouldn't Nylander sign that contract for the Leafs.
So you now have set a precedent for the Leafs also. Allowing players to be traded to another team in their RFA years, just so they can get a few more dollars.
Totally unpractical for CBJ and Leafs for those reasons, though the trade value might be fair.

I'm pretty sure this is just spit-balling anyways.

Kyper tonight just decided to throw the nuclear option out tonight.
Totally last resort kind of stuff.

member 290103

Laughs?... But I thought you liked the Leafs? At least that's what you said a couple of hours ago. Make up your mind already.

I am indifferent. I'll denigrate their team name when they do stupid shit.....which is quite often.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I am indifferent. I'll denigrate their team name when they do stupid ****.....which is quite often.

We can't all have owners like the Vancouver Canucks who threatens legal action against newspapers that says mean things about him, alienates their most popular franchise player, and keeps a total buffoon on as his GM. So if the Leafs are stupid, then the Canucks must be Pejorative Slured?

member 290103

We can't all have owners like the Vancouver Canucks who threaten legal action against newspapers that says mean things about him, alienates their most popular franchise player, and keeps a total buffoon on as his GM. If the Leafs are stupid, then the Canucks must be ******ed.

LOL. True. Canucks are a f***ing mess and their ownership is horrid. Not sure what that has to do with the Laffs making dumb decisions?

member 290103

Nylander is a poor character player. His contract demands are offensive.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
LOL. True. Canucks are a ****ing mess and their ownership is horrid. Not sure what that has to do with the Laffs making dumb decisions?

How is not caving into Nylander's demands of an inflated long-term contract all of the sudden "a dumb decision"?...But then again, Benning would probably give him a $12 mil Per/yr lifetime contract if the situations were reverse.

Thank god we have actual professionals running our hockey club as oppose to the clown show running yours.

Reactions: rubous
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad