What is your limit for a "Cap %" for Nylander

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Just saw this, he interviewed with Friedman and Marek today.
Looks like we shouldn't expect a signing any time soon.

Old Poll Results:

1703971172648.png

Last edited by a moderator:

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
just read the excerpt ... but i do not blame willie in the least, he is the least of the problems with this club ...
he earlier said he is willing to sign a team friendly deal as long as others do ...
every issue comes down to matthews, period ...
i am hoping we do not lose willie because of the greed shown by our 2 supposed leaders in the m&m pair
nylander always takes the crap from the media and the fans ... and the strange thing i find is he seems to be the best as far as temperament goes for this market
our new gm has not overly impressed me up to this point but i will somewhat reserve judgement to see how it all plays out, lots of wild cards for this season
his off season will be 100% be judged on what happens with matthews ...
for the record, i am in the sign willie camp and would have moved marner before his nmc kicked in
let's hope brad has a plan

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
What I will say is I'm sure for ever example like this, there's probably 1 or 2 more where the player actually stays.

I'm not too worried about Willy. Worst comes to worst he can still be traded even if it's as a rental (so we can recoup something vs nothing which still isn't ideal). I'm way more concerned about Matthews. Something tells me we either give him a crippling blank cheque or he's gone.

I guess Willy really is looking for $10MM+ and there just isn't any justification for it. $9.5MM is the max I'd feel comfortable going. I know it's been beaten to death, but if Nylander is indeed waiting to see if Matthews takes a paycut, then I'm fine with this taking time (but only to a certain extent).

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What I will say is I'm sure for ever example like this, there's probably 1 or 2 more where the player actually stays.

I'm not too worried about Willy. Worst comes to worst he can still be traded even if it's as a rental (so we can recoup something vs nothing which still isn't ideal). I'm way more concerned about Matthews. Something tells me we either give him a crippling blank cheque or he's gone.

I guess Willy really is looking for $10MM+ and there just isn't any justification for it. $9.5MM is the max I'd feel comfortable going. I know it's been beaten to death, but if Nylander is indeed waiting to see if Matthews takes a paycut, then I'm fine with this taking time (but only to a certain extent).

That’s the thing, you can not have 3 forwards (after JT’s contract expires) making 10+. You really don’t need that many forwards making that much against the cap. I am 100% against that. I do not care by how much the cap is going up. You don’t need that many high priced forwards. I hope they trade one of them in the next couple of years.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

My post was made more to point out the 'lots of time' statement, not insinuating he's lying like others have.

I know what you're both saying, I actually think I would be a little bit more cool about this if he had any other agent.

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I know what you're both saying, I actually think I would be a little bit more cool about this if he had any other agent.
Who's his agent and why are you worried about him?

Will the new GM be held ransom like the last GM, inquiring minds want to know……….
Old GM certainly put him behind the 8 ball to start.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Who's his agent and why are you worried about him?

Lewis Gross - same agent for all the quotes I provided, this is his playbook.

Same like the playbook for contract disputes for the RFAs that don't have leverage or arbitration rights, "rumors" of that player going to Russia or Europe will emerge etc.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
My only thing is in the cases you showed, the organization screwed themselves. The organization said no to Gaudreau earlier in the off-season. He was willing to stay Brad T didn’t want to pay him.

Accari took more in Pittsburgh, Saad didn’t the Blackhawks trade him?

Reactions: Menzinger

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Lewis Gross - same agent for all the quotes I provided, this is his playbook.

Same like the playbook for contract disputes for the RFAs that don't have leverage or arbitration rights, "rumors" of that player going to Russia or Europe will emerge etc.
I've always believed that you take what's said publicly with a grain of salt.
I'm sure Gross has had many clients that have re-signed with their current clubs.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I've always believed that you take what's said publicly with a grain of salt.
I'm sure Gross has had many clients that have re-signed with their current clubs.

Probably - this came up too

Lewis Gross clients: -Gaudreau (Left CGY as a UFA) -Krug (Left BOS as a UFA) -Saad (Left CHI and COL as UFA) -Dumoulin (Left PIT as UFA) -Acciari (Left BOS, FLA, and TOR as a UFA) -Iafallo (Re-signed with LA) His clients usually test the UFA market.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Willy is the least of the problems in Toronto imo. He actually performs in the playoffs, so I would like to keep him.

It's encouraging to see him say this to be honest. But other players like Gaudreau and JT said similar things and they walked.

I feel if Matthews takes a team friendly extension, Nylander signs the next day. Both signings probably won't happen until the fall.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

I see your bet and....

I raise the bet to.... (wait for it....)

:laugh:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
just read the excerpt ... but i do not blame willie in the least, he is the least of the problems with this club ...
he earlier said he is willing to sign a team friendly deal as long as others do ...
every issue comes down to matthews, period ...
i am hoping we do not lose willie because of the greed shown by our 2 supposed leaders in the m&m pair
nylander always takes the crap from the media and the fans ... and the strange thing i find is he seems to be the best as far as temperament goes for this market
our new gm has not overly impressed me up to this point but i will somewhat reserve judgement to see how it all plays out, lots of wild cards for this season
his off season will be 100% be judged on what happens with matthews ...
for the record, i am in the sign willie camp and would have moved marner before his nmc kicked in
let's hope brad has a plan

1692816171727.png

Reactions: Cleetus

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I see your bet and....

I raise the bet to.... (wait for it....)

:laugh:

Good old times. Tavares was $5.5M player. Let us double it and call it Leafs hometown discount.

Reactions: Confucius

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
If anyone walks its on Shanahan. What a chump. "We took discounts in Detroit" speech and then proceeds to give Marner at least $2 million more than can possibly be justified. Fires his GM, only after getting his feelings hurt, a month before these NMCs go into effect on the greedy core. Now the team is completely at their mercy. Just an awful person to employ, that should have been shown the door a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad