Nylander Chronicles Part XXVI: Who caves first? Nylander, Dubas, or Bert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
So here we are again, im sure its been mentioned but I just read it for the first time tonight.

Yanni Gourde signs an extension with the Lightning for 5.1m cap hit over 6 seasons. Of course the situation and his NHL path are somewhat different than Nylander, but everything is about production right, and he is coming off of a season both more productive goals and points to Nylander while maintaining a point per game this year so far.

At this point if Nylander and Gross can't or refuse to hear what absolutely every single hockey mind out there is saying, it means to me he is just supremely selfish and self absorbed. That's the type of player I DONT want on my team regardless of his talent. Being the spiteful human I am though, I would make him pay for it this year by just simply telling them he wont be in the NHL and Nylander can enjoy the year on some Euro squad decreasing his overall value.
I think willy wants out ,the leafs don't wanna be forced to move him .
nobody on their second contract deserves that kind of money ,a generational player maybe ,but Mathews will be costly if hes hes injury prone ,marner hasn't been caught cutting thru the middle yet either .
leafs are a business ,maybe just maybe the shanaplan realizes they are not ready to win a cup yet .
remember dubas didn't draft these players ,his first big signing was a proven john tavaras that 30 teams would have paid him the same or more money.
nylander knew last year what his value was .this is his dad squeezing every penny out of this ,like he did earning 33 million over a very average career .
sign or not willy thinks hes a no 1 player ,that can play center ,hardly ever plays defense,yet somehow thinks hes worth 8 million dollars ,
how can a team aquirre him ,then pay the leafs equal value ,the listen to their fan base bitch about his cap hit ,when he doesn't mesh with his no non MATHEWS center .

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
c1z4ZEX.png

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I'm even more spiteful. I wouldn't even tell him he won't be in the NHL. I'd just stop calling and taking his calls.
I wonder how often they speak? What would be the point after all this time? What would they say. Hello William, change your mind? No not yet? Ok call ya tomorrow.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I want this to be over with so that all the old guys in my office (Senators fans) stop coming over to my cube and going, "How about that greedy Nye-land-er kid?"

Reactions: PromisedLand

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
So here we are again, im sure its been mentioned but I just read it for the first time tonight.

Yanni Gourde signs an extension with the Lightning for 5.1m cap hit over 6 seasons. Of course the situation and his NHL path are somewhat different than Nylander, but everything is about production right, and he is coming off of a season both more productive goals and points to Nylander while maintaining a point per game this year so far.

At this point if Nylander and Gross can't or refuse to hear what absolutely every single hockey mind out there is saying, it means to me he is just supremely selfish and self absorbed. That's the type of player I DONT want on my team regardless of his talent. Being the spiteful human I am though, I would make him pay for it this year by just simply telling them he wont be in the NHL and Nylander can enjoy the year on some Euro squad decreasing his overall value.

I haven’t read much lately, have the Leafs published their offer? Because if we are going on rumours still, we’ve had them as low as $4m.

Reactions: Menzinger

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I think willy wants out ,the leafs don't wanna be forced to move him .
nobody on their second contract deserves that kind of money ,a generational player maybe ,but Mathews will be costly if hes hes injury prone ,marner hasn't been caught cutting thru the middle yet either .
leafs are a business ,maybe just maybe the shanaplan realizes they are not ready to win a cup yet .
remember dubas didn't draft these players ,his first big signing was a proven john tavaras that 30 teams would have paid him the same or more money.
nylander knew last year what his value was .this is his dad squeezing every penny out of this ,like he did earning 33 million over a very average career .
sign or not willy thinks hes a no 1 player ,that can play center ,hardly ever plays defense,yet somehow thinks hes worth 8 million dollars ,
how can a team aquirre him ,then pay the leafs equal value ,the listen to their fan base ***** about his cap hit ,when he doesn't mesh with his no non MATHEWS center .

What does his father average career has to do with anything? And you say it like if he did something wrong earning money as a pro player in a pro league. How many team first guys have been tossed aside once the team find someone better? We all want the players to be as passionate for the teams as we are but they simply are not. It took a true rebuild and young franchise potential to get Leaf fan Tavares to sign here. He would not if it was the Leafs of old.
William is btw so much more talented then his father and have a chance to be a star in this league.
But I reckon you are right that this is more about William wanting out to further his career as a potential top six center. Something he wont have a chance at with the Leafs.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Wonder if there's a point where either side clarifies their ask to the media to put pressure on the other.

One of these groups have to be looking for Ehlers/Pasta range money, which I think the vast majority will see as fair.

Once that comes out, the other side will look really unreasonable IMO.

great

Apr 14, 2018
Just sign, I don’t care who’s side is caving in or not. I’m not on anybody’s side, in fact I’m mad that both sides are juvenile enough not to get a consensus. Just come and play Nylander and score some goals, all the money stuff is taking the fun out of the game for too long now!

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
What does his father average career has to do with anything? And you say it like if he did something wrong earning money as a pro player in a pro league. How many team first guys have been tossed aside once the team find someone better? We all want the players to be as passionate for the teams as we are but they simply are not.

The father angle is interesting.

It’s used to put him down as a selfish “me” player.

And they want him to shut up and acquiesce to a team who’s President actually did have an affair with a teammate’s wife. Who did demand a trade. Who did sit out half a season over a contract dispute.

Ironic.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
After December 1, if Willy sits the year, we can always use that 13 million in cap space to make a run at an early pending ufa rental. As it looks now with standings some guys like Silfverberg or Panarin might be available. Even Karlson might be possible to grab midseason if the Sharks flounder a bit and his numbers remain mediocre.
We would likely lose some good young player(s) and picks for the temporary rental but it’s worth it.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Bridge deal bridge deal bridge deal

He knows if he signs a bridge deal he'll be dealt by the time it ends. No way they go another round of negotiations with Michael.

Perhaps that's WN's objective. Maybe he only wants a bridge deal to maintain leverage and to get as many kicks at the can to negotiate a better salary regardless of what team it is that gives him his contract?

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
After December 1, if Willy sits the year, we can always use that 13 million in cap space to make a run at an early pending ufa rental. As it looks now with standings some guys like Silfverberg or Panarin might be available. Even Karlson might be possible to grab midseason if the Sharks flounder a bit and his numbers remain mediocre.
We would likely lose some good young player(s) and picks for the temporary rental but it’s worth it.

Didn’t Karlsson trade have that condition about an extra first rounder if he gets traded to the East? :snide:

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Nylander hates Babcock, Babcock hates Nylander. End of ecoute. All my opinion, no sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad