Trade: [NYJ/GB] Aaron Rodgers, 15OA, 170OA for 13OA, 42OA, 207OA, conditional 2024 2nd

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
One of the stupidest things I ever heard and it happens all the time. I don’t understand how anyone watched him play and the competition he faced and thought they were watching a franchise QB. And the Jets braintrust came from the Eagles they should be reasonable to trust - and they are, they’ve done a great job putting their team together. And I know what they did, they thought they saw Josh Allen, who has measurables and tools despite not-good competition, had ability (to be fair I was not a believer in him either) but had better numbers.

I always say that if he’s your guy then get your guy, but such a huge and obvious blunder is why they were forced to go all-in on Rodgers.

I'm not gonna lie at one point I was intrigued by the idea Vikings potentially taking at #14 at one point, but that was with the idea that he'd sit in 2021 and the Vikings trade Cousins in the 2022 offseason as that was supposed to be the last year of his deal.

But I'm always weary when players start to shoot up boards like then. I get QBs are taken probably higher than their value often though. Case in point if Hooker goes in the 1st tonight.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Absolutely. 7 teams get in.
KC, CIN, BUF, JAX the front runners for the division titles.
WC - any of LAC, MIA, PIT, DEN, LV, NYJ, NE, CLE and if Jackson re-signs BAL. Only 3 of these teams would get in.
Only expect Ten, Hou, Indy to not make it. Only if 1 of these teams sweeps the other 2 to get 4 wins would they put themselves firmly in the WC hunt.
The AFC west was supposed to be brutal last season and I was pumped for it.. turned out to be really bad. I don't AR being a jet makes the AFC sunnenly better.. I'm not going to get excited, it's the top 3 and everyone else.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
GB got really good value here. The move from 15->13 is the equivalent of a late 3rd, they got a 2nd, and then a 2nd that is far more likely to turn into a first. That's great value. The Jets also missed out on a tackle that would've been in their reach if they didn't have to trade back.

Douglas had to make the trade, though. He couldn't waste this roster on Zack Wilson or a mediocre QB. Theyre going to be in that ' QB carousel' hell as soon as next offseason and as late as two offseasons from no, and I assum Rodgers dead cap will hurt them for a few years after his depature. Such is the life for a team that whiffs on their highly drafted QB. Rodgers gives them a shot this year at least.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Excellent work by the Packers here.. wow.

We are really well positioned.

We get to add a lot of talent in this year to give Love every chance to show he's the guy, and if not, we'll have draft ammunition in 2024 and beyond to make a move up for a QB, if he sucks.
Surprised y'all didnt go WR or OL in the first.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Surprised y'all didnt go WR or OL in the first.
Once the Georgia OT went off the board it was a drop in talent for the next one which Jax took. Flip of picks with GB got them in the end.
For WR, could have gone that way. But, they have a defensive HC and if he didn’t get the OT, then he must have loved the DE that they took.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad