Trade: [NYJ/GB] Aaron Rodgers, 15OA, 170OA for 13OA, 42OA, 207OA, conditional 2024 2nd

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That’s a win for the Packers for the condition not be tied to the playoffs. Basically if he starts and finishes 11 games. If Love sucks, the Packers will be well-positioned in next year’s draft.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Good

Of course, my fear is Love will just assume role as villain in GB and become a future MVP

Was happy when Favre left, and we saw what happened there.

30 years of living with f***ing GB having HOF QB's

giphy.gif

At least, we knew Rodgers was going to be average at worst. Love is completely unknown and has shown nothing so far.

Feels good though...long overdue for Green Bay

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Good

Of course, my fear is Love will just assume role as villain in GB and become a future MVP

Was happy when Favre left, and we saw what happened there.

30 years of living with f***ing GB having HOF QB's
Definitely will be interested to see what Love is made out of. Hoping he builds on the glimpses we saw in 2022. But worst case we end up with a high pick next year.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
nice haul for GB. can't see love really amounting to much, so those picks should come in handy

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
For the Jets it’s basically the final 2 years of Moore plus their 3rd in 2023 plus and the conditional 2024 2nd which is likely to be a first in 2024. I mean wentz was 75% or something for a 3rd to become a 2nd this past year. If Rodgers plays 13 full games it will become a first.

Jalen Hurts is now the best QB in the NFC!
North is wide open in the nfc.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Excellent work by the Packers here.. wow.

We are really well positioned.

We get to add a lot of talent in this year to give Love every chance to show he's the guy, and if not, we'll have draft ammunition in 2024 and beyond to make a move up for a QB, if he sucks.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rodgers will be what…7th best QB in the AFC?

Jets gambling on what he still has left in the tank.
They should still add an OL in round 1. And whichever position they think is best in round 2. Big time push of the chips, but can’t wait around for another QB.

A first, 3rd and Moore for Rodgers is what is most likely. And dropping back 2 spot in this draft.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'll admit I was wrong about the trade compensation. I thought the Jets had all the leverage but the Packers ended up getting a great deal. Well played by them.

Media also needs to chill with this whole, "the NFC North must be ecstatic! Great day for them" talk. I can only speak for myself as a fan of one of those teams but I wasn't worried about a 40 year old QB coming off a bad season where he missed the playoffs one bit. In fact, this is worse for those teams because it helps the Packers. The alternative was them having a 40 year old diva QB, not getting to evaluate Love, and no extra picks. Now they have a lot of options and are set up better for the future.

Also, poor Zach Wilson. Wonder what that dude is thinking seeing all of his teammates celebrating right now. Haha.

Elvis P

I got 9 lives, cat's eyes
Dec 10, 2007
Black Sabbath
Horrible trade for the Jets. The vax liar Rodgers has won as many conference titles as Rex Grossman, one, and that was in his prime. He turns 40 December 2nd.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bottom line for the Jets is if this doesn’t work out, it’ll be someone else’s problem to fix from a regime standpoint. When you make moves at quarterback, you don’t get 3 chances to miss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad