Confirmed with Link: [NYI/PHI] Andrew MacDonald for Matt Mangene, 2015 2nd and 2014 3rd round picks

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Mez and Grossmann are now expandable tbh.

Though knowing the Flyers only one goes.

Timonen-Coburn
Gus-Schenn
Streit-Macdonald

looks ok... that is the Isles intermittent #1 pair (they played sometimes) from 2 years ago as our third... not saying too much though!

MadFerIt95*

Trade Grossmann and/or Mez.... too many defenseman on this team lol

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Not a Philly trade without a 2nd thrown in. What is the 2015 draft like? Is it supposed to be deep?

I don't know anything about MacDonald, I haven't watched the Isles this year. I'm guessing he's a Grossmann upgrade.

Never mind we already have the ****ing Grossmann upgrade sitting in the press box nightly. Now he's going to sit there even longer as punishment for Homer needing to upgrade the D.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It is BRUTAL in the sense we have given up our 2nd rd pick in a deep 2015 draft with no indication that he resigns for good money.

So yes Brutal is the right word here. If Homer can swing Mez into a 2nd rd pick that would be fine.

I'd be looking at the Ducks for Vataanen for sure. Would they take Downie?

lol...ok

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'd rather see Grossmann go and Mez stay as the 7th defenseman. One is probably on the move though.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Not a Philly trade without a 2nd thrown in. What is the 2015 draft like? Is it supposed to be deep?

I don't know anything about MacDonald, I haven't watched the Isles this year. I'm guessing he's a Grossmann upgrade.

Never mind we already have the ****ing Grossmann upgrade sitting in the press box nightly. Now he's going to sit there even longer as punishment for Homer needing to upgrade the D.
The draft is supposed to be deep, but who really knows as of now.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Are people really that up in arms about a 2015 2nd round pick? I get the asset protection part of it, but really? That mad about it.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I'd rather see Grossmann go and Mez stay as the 7th defenseman. One is probably on the move though.

I like that Mez can skate and jump into he play. (give Gus his role)

I like that Grossmann blocks shots and plays tough in front of the net. (give McDonald his role)

Ship both out for....

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Assets:

Moves the puck out of the defensive zone efficiently. Is a poised defender with a good hockey brain who can log an awful lot of ice time. Smart and technically strong, he also has some offensive ability.

Flaws:
Is somewhat prone to injury. Also, he would be best served to start playing a more consistent game in the physicality department in order to maximize his shutdown acumen at the highest level.

Career Potential:
Mobile big-minute defenseman.

Underlines are false
Bolds are true
Italics are so so

Amac is not good at moving the puck, he is a turnover machine. He is OK on offense, alot of the reason he has so many points is that he is on our first PP, which I dont think he will be in Philly. He has his shots get blocked by more than anyone I have ever seen, he really needs to work on that.
He plays pretty physical along the boards, but he could get stronger around the front of the net. Great shot blocker, good defensive PKer.

Alot of us feel he would have done alot better this year as a 3/4 guy and that he was over used as a 1/2 guy, and the amount of minutes he played really hurt his game. That being tired led to so many of his brainless give aways. I think if his minutes are cut down to under 20 and is moved to 3/4th pair he could be a good player... not worth 5 million a year, but definitely a better player than he was this year for us.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Are people really that up in arms about a 2015 2nd round pick. 2015 projects to be a good draft, but that draft pick is probaly like 5 years from competing for a job if he doesn't bust.

I'm definitely not going to lose my **** over a 2nd round pick 2 years from now.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The draft is supposed to be deep, but who really knows as of now.

Alright, then I'm getting upset. We are a building team. Ditching a 2nd in a potentially deep draft for another Dman when you have a guy who's better then Grossmann and Mez just sitting around is stupid.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Underlines are false
Bolds are true
Italics are so so

Amac is not good at moving the puck, he is a turnover machine. He is OK on offense, alot of the reason he has so many points is that he is on our first PP, which I dont think he will be in Philly. He has his shots blocked by Dmen more than anyone I have ever seen, he really needs to work on that.
He plays pretty physical along the boards, but he could get stronger around the front of the net. Great shot blocker, good defensive PKer.

Alot of us feel he would have done alot better this year as a 3/4 guy and that he was over used as a 1/2 guy, and the amount of minutes he played really hurt his game. That being tired led to so many of his brainless give aways. I think if his minutes are cut down to under 20 and is moved to 3/4th pair he could be a good player... not worth 5 million a year, but definitely a better player than he was this year for us.

The whole thing is in italics. ;)

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
ew just saw it was 2015 2nd

2015 is not the same as 2013. 2015 does not have the same depth as 2013, but it has higher top-end talent. Giving up a 2nd in 2015 is pretty much the same as giving up a 2nd in 2014.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I'm fine with this. Two picks that have a chance (low) at becoming anything at the the level for a nhler who will improve our mobility big time.

As usual, flyer fans want more mobility, get made when they trade for it

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Paul Holmgren literally has no idea what he's doing. They're scratching a better player in Erik Gustafsson. MacDonald sucks, the Islanders wanted him to be a big-minutes eater, and figured out that he sucked at it which is why he wasn't given a new contract.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I'm fine with this. Two picks that have a chance (low) at becoming anything at the the level for a nhler who will improve our mobility big time.

As usual, flyer fans want more mobility, get made when they trade for it

lol..this x 1000

I have no idea how you get better when you can't trade anything for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad