Confirmed with Link: [NYI/PHI] Andrew MacDonald for Matt Mangene, 2015 2nd and 2014 3rd round picks

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If he is asking for 5.5 million for 5-6 years I think Homer might actually just bite the bullet and let him walk. He might have a place in mind or he might want to just see what the best offer is because he has been playing at the floor for three years. I still think the trade route is the way the Flyers go for a top pairing dman, we just have to wait until Mckenzie drops the bomb on everyone and says who is available, like he did with Seguin last year.

5.5 just isn't a good fit into our defense. I believe Kimmo is back next year and he gets a bonus laden contract with a smaller base salary to help with the cap.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
if it's short term something like 3years i would be willing to give him 4.75m.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Same, 4.5m and not a cent more. If he wants more let him go and let Hagg, Ghost, or Gus play.

If not for the prospects, isn't it about time Mark Alt gets a chance to play fo the Flyers?

I mean, he played at least a full season for the Phantoms and is a former 2nd round pick with size who shoots right. On paper, he looks like a great fit.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
If not for the prospects, isn't it about time Mark Alt gets a chance to play fo the Flyers?

I mean, he played at least a full season for the Phantoms and is a former 2nd round pick with size who shoots right. On paper, he looks like a great fit.

I mean. I'm not trying to jinx anything here, but we just haven't needed defensive call-ups this season. We've remained pretty healthy on the back-end compared to the other years. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I mean. I'm not trying to jinx anything here, but we just haven't needed defensive call-ups this season. We've remained pretty healthy on the back-end compared to the other years. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Actually, I meant next season when the Flyers hopefully look for a cheap, young and talented third pairing on the D.

As good as Morin, Ghost and Hägg may be someday, I believe a full season with the Phantoms immediately after Junior League won't hurt their development.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If he is asking for 5.5 million for 5-6 years I think Homer might actually just bite the bullet and let him walk. He might have a place in mind or he might want to just see what the best offer is because he has been playing at the floor for three years. I still think the trade route is the way the Flyers go for a top pairing dman, we just have to wait until Mckenzie drops the bomb on everyone and says who is available, like he did with Seguin last year.

5.5 just isn't a good fit into our defense. I believe Kimmo is back next year and he gets a bonus laden contract with a smaller base salary to help with the cap.

Having not given up a roster player nor 1st round pick for those types of defensemen (assuming they were available), is evidence that the Flyers don't really think MacDonald is that type of player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->