Confirmed Trade: [NYI/NJD] Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac (both @50%) for AJ Greer, M Jobst, 21 1st, cdnl 22/23 3rd/4th

MetsJetsIsles22

Oct 27, 2013
Idk while I think the Islanders got good value here, I don't really feel like either Zajac or Palmieri add anything that the Islanders lack.

Zajac is a defensive center when the Islanders already have Nelson, Pageau and Cizikas. Palmieri is a skilled RWer when the Islanders already have Eberle, Bailey and Wahlstrom. I don't really see what Palmieri or Zajac adds that they don't already have.
Palmieri will get PP time. If the isles get PP thst is more of a threat watch out
Plus 2 vets who LL knows will fit in well.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Nice move for Lou and the Islanders. Needed a couple producers that can dig in for a playoff run. Palms has been an underrated scoring threat for a while, and I think Trotz could get a lot out of Zajac as well.

Smart to get it done earlier rather than later I think. Would not want any part of the Islanders in a PO series.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I have no idea why would Devils do this, i mean, is this trade supposed to make them better in the future?
This trade made them much worse now, for sure.

Two random players, no ones ever heard of, late 1st in a not so strong 2021 draft,
the only good piece is the 2022 (or 2023 draft pick) pick.
and even that is either 3rd or 4th....

Well, this trade does give Devils young forwards more ice time, bigger role so...maybe that's the best thing,
why the Devils made the trade, because it is not what come back; nothing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Palmieri will get PP time. If the isles get PP thst is more of a threat watch out
Plus 2 vets who LL knows will fit in well.

Who is Palmieri kicking off the top powerplay unit though? I thought the Islanders already had their solution for what Palmieri brings to the powerplay, that's exactly what I thought Wahlstrom was.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I mean I’m hardly an authority but I’ve never heard of them. One is 24 years old and has played 37 NHL games?
Mason Jobst was signed as a free agent out of NCAA... I had some hopes for him, and hey, maybe he IS talented (our AHL team is abysmal so it is hard to tell sometimes who is good and who isn't) but he certainly hasn't blown anyone's hair back down in Bridgeport...

Greer is another guy I thought might be a decent 4th line agitator / grinder for us, but he really does seem to be a castoff / journeyman

so yeah, not losing much sleep over those two

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Who is Palmieri kicking off the top powerplay unit though? I thought the Islanders already had their solution for what Palmieri brings to the powerplay, that's exactly what I thought Wahlstrom was.
Probably Beauvillier.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
very solid move for NYI and by the same token about as much as NJD could hope for.

Fully expect one of them back next year, but even if not their season is sunk and these guys are expiring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad