Confirmed Trade: [NYI/NJD] Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac (both @50%) for AJ Greer, M Jobst, 21 1st, cdnl 22/23 3rd/4th

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Seems like people on here haven’t watched Kyle Palmieri play lately. He stinks (could be checked out but he stunk well before this season)
That's not the consensus. And certainly not the opinion of Lou and Trotz, who have been right on every one of their Islanders acquisitions.

Reactions: buud

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Zajac will play W on Pageau/Wahlstrom line.

Palms/Barzal/Eberle
Beau/Nelson/Bailey
Zajac/Pageau/Wahlstrom
Martin/Cizikas/Clutterbuck

That's how it'll start. My guess is that Bailey and Palmieri could switch spots.

I don't know where this leaves the reigning Conn Smythe winner and leader in this year's Hart voting though
iu

Isles also still have ammo for another forward, if they so choose
If anything, backup D.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Idk while I think the Islanders got good value here, I don't really feel like either Zajac or Palmieri add anything that the Islanders lack.

Zajac is a defensive center when the Islanders already have Nelson, Pageau and Cizikas. Palmieri is a skilled RWer when the Islanders already have Eberle, Bailey and Wahlstrom. I don't really see what Palmieri or Zajac adds that they don't already have.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Price is a bit high but if you're the Islanders you had to do something to replace Lee's production if you were serious about making a push at the cup.

Question is where does Zajac slot in? The Islanders are already pretty solid down the middle with Barzal, Nelson and Pageau (hell even Cizikas is a solid 4C) and i don't think you grab him just to play him at wing.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
Not the worst for the Devils considering Zajac is getting up there in age, but still seems like they could have got more for him and Palmieri.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
That's not the consensus. And certainly not the opinion of Lou and Trotz, who have been right on every one of their Islanders acquisitions.
honestly I believe NJ fans when they say he hasn't played great lately, but I genuinely believe in Trotz' ability to rehabilitate a player's game. Same reason I am fine with us going after Hall... especially seeing how cheap Palm and Zajac was.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Idk while I think the Islanders got good value here, I don't really feel like either Zajac or Palmieri add anything that the Islanders lack.

Zajac is a defensive center when the Islanders already have Nelson, Pageau and Cizikas. Palmieri is a skilled RWer when the Islanders already have Eberle, Bailey and Wahlstrom. I don't really see what Palmieri or Zajac adds that they don't already have.

Simple. Palmieri slots in on his off wing because it's sure as f*** a better option than playing Leo Komarov on your first line (or Matt Martin on any of your PP units)

Reactions: 19 in a row

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
People saying the Devils did poorly should note Zajac has a NTC and reportedly used it last deadline. It’s possible he was only waiving for the NYI.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
That's a bad trade for NJ

Palmieri alone should've got a 2rd at least by his reputation and betting he would not stay at a career-low shooting % for the rest of the year.

Zajac's playing should be worth another 2rd too. Solid production for a 3C who's good defensively.

then you retain 50% on both guys for just a late late first and a mediocre prospect

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
The Devils probably get the better value here but the Islanders get to round out their forward group really nicely. Similar to how the Lightning traded a pair of first round picks for middle six players that put them over the top

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Simple. Palmieri slots in on his off wing because it's sure as f*** a better option than playing Leo Komarov on your first line (or Matt Martin on any of your PP units)

Idk as a fan who say my idiot coach play a HoF RWer in Iginla on LW, I really don't like the plan of paying a lot of assets for a guy you don't have a spot for without screwing around with their position :laugh:

They didn't pay a lot here so I think it's fine, but like I said, I don't really see the Islanders adding anything they needed here. Just looks like more of what they already have.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
NYI stepping up into the top contender group imo. I think they were close before but the loss of Lee made me wonder if they had enough depth. They filled two big holes and that strength down the Center is as good as it gets.
Lou going on all in which is absolutely the right move in this strange year.

Reactions: buud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->