Confirmed Trade: [NYI/NJD] Kyle Palmieri, Travis Zajac (both @50%) for AJ Greer, M Jobst, 21 1st, cdnl 22/23 3rd/4th

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
f*** the devils and f*** the islanders, but pulling for the islanders more now. Zajac has been a thorn in the side of the flyers since 1972, much respect for him and Palmieri. Neither of them are stars but they make the isles even harder to play against. Didnt think the devils would be this bad this year but a 1rst is good.

Last edited by a moderator:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Smart for Islanders. Devils obviously wanted a 1st for Palmieri and no team was going to pay that. Islanders get another solid player in the deal that should fit their system by agreeing to part with the 1st.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I always say teams should do what NJ just did. Consolidate your assets for one better piece. Instead of getting a 2nd for Palmeiri and a 5th for Zajac, retain on both, add them together and get a 1st.

Buffalo have to be kicking themselves by not trying something similar with Staal and Hall. However they do still have Ullmark and a team like Colorado might love the thought of an Ullmark+Hall trade.

Also love this for the Isles. Buyers market and they just got two solid additions for a pick. This year is probably their best chance to win it all.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
Seems like people on here haven’t watched Kyle Palmieri play lately. He stinks (could be checked out but he stunk well before this season)

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I'm surprised that people think this is a good deal for NJD.
Palmieri is a very consistent 25+ goal forward. Zajac is a 3C.
They gave away both (with max retention) for a late 1st Rounder, maybe a 4th, and some literal who AHLers.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Zajac? I'm not sure. The one other spot that has been a bit of a problem for us (aside from Lee's) has been third line LW. Palmieri also forces a move, most likely Bailey to LW, but including Zajac is def a surprise.

That makes sense. Man their top nine just got a lot deeper

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Seems like people on here haven’t watched Kyle Palmieri play lately. He stinks (could be checked out but he stunk well before this season)
He has been weak this season.
5 seasons before 24 goals scored min per year.
He was best goal scorer on market and Isles needed one badly after Lee went down.

Reactions: Foppberg

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
definitely a strong win now move. both players are UFAs at the end of the season. Isles feel their wondow is open and they’re making the lunge.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Blockbuster, baby!

I thought Palmieri would be a good fit for the Isles and Zajac is a great add too. As a fan of a division rival (who would’ve never had the assets to make this deal) I’m both impressed and frightened at the noise the Isles could make.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I'm confused why New Jersey is adding at the two positions they are deepest at as well. I know Palms has played LW in the past, but where is Zajac fitting?

Bailey and Nelson have been very good together right?

Zajac will likely be the 3rd line LW next to Pageau and Wahlstrom. Can never have enough center depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad