Fair or overpay?

Edit: Adding two more potential packages

2) RNH for Nelson and Unprotected 1st

3) RNH for Nelson and Ho-Sang

Do any of these three packages work?

Last edited:

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
I’m So scared of trading that 1st rounder, I think rnh locks the isles into a playoff spot but if there is a freak injury and he misses all season during training camp then the isles are with out their probably top 10 first and don’t have hosang

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I’m So scared of trading that 1st rounder, I think rnh locks the isles into a playoff spot but if there is a freak injury and he misses all season during training camp then the isles are with out their probably top 10 first and don’t have hosang

Huh? RNH, Drai and McDavid couldn't get their team into the playoffs!!

How the hell is RNH alone going to do it??

He's a solid #2......but let's not get carried away.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Huh? RNH, Drai and McDavid couldn't get their team into the playoffs!!

How the hell is RNH alone going to do it??

He's a solid #2......but let's not get carried away.
Barry trotz fixes the defense alone, lehner is a young career .915 save percentage goalie that just had 2 of the best goaltending coaches available brought in (one as coach one as director of goaltending) the isles biggest hole is that second line center and rnh fills it perfectly

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Barry trotz fixes the defense alone, lehner is a young career .915 save percentage goalie that just had 2 of the best goaltending coaches available brought in (one as coach one as director of goaltending) the isles biggest hole is that second line center and rnh fills it perfectly

I'm envious of your optimism!

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
No reason for the Oilers to get worse in the short term in the hope that potential turns out and it isn't also worse in the long run.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I think the Oil are actually going to want more. They are going to argue that JHS is a throw-in and a top 5 protected isn't going to cut it.

With that said if they do take this trade i'd do it, but i'm still not sure it'd be enough to get us into the playoffs with our defense as is.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
Would Nelson be more impactful on the Oilers offense as a 2C? Guy consisntatly puts up 20 goals a year on a 3rd line role with zero support from wingers. He's only signed a year though.

Maybe fully unprotected 1st + Nelson instead?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Would Nelson be more impactful on the Oilers offense as a 2C? Guy consisntatly puts up 20 goals a year on a 3rd line role with zero support from wingers. He's only signed a year though.

This still fails to pass a fundamental test. The Oilers aren't trading good roster players for draft picks.

If I were the NYI I'm not sure I would be trading my draft picks for roster players either.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
If this was edm pre mcdcvid i would say yes.

They dont want to keep waiting for people to develop when they have the best player in the league wasting his talent. You guys need to support this guy asap. By the time that pick develops it will be 3-4years of wasted time with mcd and now you lost RNH.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Guessing that would be more interesting to the Oilers, but is going to get into the territory of no from many Islander fans.

Personally i'd rather just roll with what we have and do poorly and get that high 1st again and deal Nelson for a late first at the deadline.

Honestly though, Oiler fans may be smarter than their GM so anything that comes up with a lot of "nos" here could easily be reported on TSN in a few hours, lol.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
This still fails to pass a fundamental test. The Oilers aren't trading good roster players for draft picks.

If I were the NYI I'm not sure I would be trading my draft picks for roster players either.

If this was edm pre mcdcvid i would say yes.

They dont want to keep waiting for people to develop when they have the best player in the league wasting his talent. You guys need to support this guy asap. By the time that pick develops it will be 3-4years of wasted time with mcd and now you lost RNH.

RNH for Nelson and Ho-Sang straight up. Both will be roster players for the Oilers. Thoughts?

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Lou is trading with Chiarelli. He’ll probsbly send over Ladd, Clutterbuck and MDC for Nuge with Edmonton retaining some of his contract.

Reactions: Wanderson

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
RNH looks to be locked in on McDavid’s LW. He’s a 50-60 point player in his own right, he could hit 70 or more on McDavid’s wing. He’s only 25 years old and is coming off a year where he was pacing to hit career best scoring numbers, and that was when he was playing C with Milan Lucic as his primary winger.

Compare and contrast to Brock Nelson, who just played all 82 games in a season and managed 35 points. One more than the much maligned Strome. For some reason the Isles also gave him 4.25 million.

Edmonton should have absolutely no interest in him as a base for RNH. Picks and problem children are also of no interest. We’ve downgraded our forwards massively over the last three seasons, there’s no reason at all to do it again just to pick up futures that COULD be good.
Im not overly high on Ho-Sang either. It doesn’t look like he’s progressed much in Bridgeport.

The pure futures package is of negative interest. We want to win hockey games too.

Frankly Edmonton isn’t interested in moving Nuge at all, never mind for expensive downgrades. Totally get you wanting to go back to the Edmonton well that’s been so good to you, but we’ve bled more than enough talent your way. Poach somewhere else.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad