Proposal: NYI - EDM

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
You have been rebuidling for 10 years or more.
sure... lets make McDavid and Draisaitl proposals for prospects too then.

bottom line... Chia is fired if the Oilers dont make the playoffs this year. RNH is one of only 3 productive forwards on the team.

Reactions: 780il

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
RNH looks to be locked in on McDavid’s LW. He’s a 50-60 point player in his own right, he could hit 70 or more on McDavid’s wing. He’s only 25 years old and is coming off a year where he was pacing to hit career best scoring numbers, and that was when he was playing C with Milan Lucic as his primary winger.

Compare and contrast to Brock Nelson, who just played all 82 games in a season and managed 35 points. One more than the much maligned Strome. For some reason the Isles also gave him 4.25 million.

Edmonton should have absolutely no interest in him as a base for RNH. Picks and problem children are also of no interest. We’ve downgraded our forwards massively over the last three seasons, there’s no reason at all to do it again just to pick up futures that COULD be good.
Im not overly high on Ho-Sang either. It doesn’t look like he’s progressed much in Bridgeport.

The pure futures package is of negative interest. We want to win hockey games too.

Frankly Edmonton isn’t interested in moving Nuge at all, never mind for expensive downgrades. Totally get you wanting to go back to the Edmonton well that’s been so good to you, but we’ve bled more than enough talent your way. Poach somewhere else.

delete he didn't get an arbitration awarded but probably would have anyway around that amount.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The Milbury-esque obsession with trading 1st round picks and prospects to make a below average team slightly more average seriously confuses me.

Last year, we needed to trade our 1st AND the Calgary 1st for veteran help like Lehner or Graubauer or Ceci so Tavares would stay. Let's not forget June 2017, when I was reading "If Sakic asks for Barzal+Sorokin+Hamonic+1st for Duchene, we have to make that trade".

There is no veteran "missing puzzle piece" that's worth pushing our chips in the pot for. That's not an insult at RNH, it's a comment on the current Islanders. We failed at our last rebuild, with guys either leaving the organization (Snake, CDH, Hamonic, Nino) or high picks ending up not becoming core players (Strome, Reinhart, likely Dal Colle).

Does it suck to be an Islanders fan and live through all that rebuilding for nothing? Yes. Is the best step to scream and cry like a toddler "BUT I'M TIRED OF LOSING I WANNA WIN RIGHT NOW!" Absolutely, unequivocally, no.

We have a #1C and a very strong prospect pool in nearly all areas except center. We have organizational stability: Lou, Trotz, Korn instead of Snow, Weight, Braithwaite. We need to start behaving like a professional hockey organization and not some hippie chick who decides to sell her Seattle apartment and go backpacking across Asia because "that's what the universe told me to do".

Reactions: Wanderson

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
RNH looks to be locked in on McDavid’s LW. He’s a 50-60 point player in his own right, he could hit 70 or more on McDavid’s wing. He’s only 25 years old and is coming off a year where he was pacing to hit career best scoring numbers, and that was when he was playing C with Milan Lucic as his primary winger.

Compare and contrast to Brock Nelson, who just played all 82 games in a season and managed 35 points. One more than the much maligned Strome. For some reason the Isles also gave him 4.25 million.

Edmonton should have absolutely no interest in him as a base for RNH. Picks and problem children are also of no interest. We’ve downgraded our forwards massively over the last three seasons, there’s no reason at all to do it again just to pick up futures that COULD be good.
Im not overly high on Ho-Sang either. It doesn’t look like he’s progressed much in Bridgeport.

The pure futures package is of negative interest. We want to win hockey games too.

Frankly Edmonton isn’t interested in moving Nuge at all, never mind for expensive downgrades. Totally get you wanting to go back to the Edmonton well that’s been so good to you, but we’ve bled more than enough talent your way. Poach somewhere else.
This. Without Nuge we again run into the problem of having no high end players to play with Mcdavid, that means Drai moves back to 1rw and Strome is the 2c. Puke. Our forward depth is bad enough already and we sure arent trading what we have for picks and prospects. Nuge was on pace for 63 ish points playing mainly with Lucic, Caggiula, and Slepyshev on a horrible team with no pp and playing a decent amount of pk. He could outscore Drai this year if given a full 82 games with Mcdavid and if we load up pp1 with all 3 of Mcdavid, Drai, Nuge.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
No from Edmonton. Have you seen the Oilers forwards without Nuge?

Kind of hilarious seeing people calling him a 3rd line player though.

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Islanders shouldn't consider trading away their first round pick(as well as young players), especially for an overrated RNH.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
I am not expecting the playoffs but the islanders actually are trending up with all the new coaches and management brought in. Trotz and Lou bring respectability. Hopefully we rebuild correctly this time
The Islanders roster is worse in every way--with perhaps the exception of goaltending. They are in no way a team "trending up".

We have a good coach and that's it.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
To Isles:

RNH

To Edm:

Top 5 Protected NYI 1st
Ho-Sang

Fair or overpay?

Edit: Adding two more potential packages

2) RNH for Nelson and Unprotected 1st

3) RNH for Nelson and Ho-Sang

Do any of these three packages work?

no team would give up an unprotected 1st when they are expected to miss the playoffs

Ho-Sang is sending out too many warning signs for me and Nelson is 12 months from UFA

oilers and NYI are not good trade partners

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
no team would give up an unprotected 1st when they are expected to miss the playoffs

Ho-Sang is sending out too many warning signs for me and Nelson is 12 months from UFA

oilers and NYI are not good trade partners

I hope ho-sang gets a chance. I’d happily offer up a 2nd and a decent prospect for him, but we can’t move RNH for futures and Nelson. We just can’t.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Why are the Oilers trading RNH?

They would then need to go out and get a first line winger(where RNH finished last season) or second line center.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Trade RNH for that and the Oilers could have a Bottom 5 offense, even if McDavid plays at a Hart level again.

The depth isn't there to make the trade and compete.

Didn't RNH finish the year playing LW on McDavid's line?

EDIT: I read your comment as "Edmonton's bottom 6 could be a bottom 5 offense"

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Lou is trading with Chiarelli. He’ll probsbly send over Ladd, Clutterbuck and MDC for Nuge with Edmonton retaining some of his contract.
You do know it’s garth snow who fleeces chia right? Not that dinosaur

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Islanders shouldn't consider trading away their first round pick(as well as young players), especially for an overrated RNH.

Rnh is many things but over rated is not one of them. He has never been highly touted or pumped. At least not since his first year in the league. That being said I fully expect him to get 65-70 points on McDavids wing this year. Unless you can upgrade on that why would you trade him???

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
You want a player who was drafted first overall and you think you get to lottery protect the pick? Guess again. And even then, Oilers say no.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
You want a player who was drafted first overall and you think you get to lottery protect the pick? Guess again. And even then, Oilers say no.

AS we have seen many times.......draft pedigree isn't the be all and end all.

WE pretty much know what RNH is at this point. A good #2c, and potentially great 1st line center playing with McDavid, but hey, so was Maroon.

Playing the, he's a FOA and he's worth a top five pick, is just silly.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
AS we have seen many times.......draft pedigree isn't the be all and end all.

WE pretty much know what RNH is at this point. A good #2c, and potentially great 1st line center playing with McDavid, but hey, so was Maroon.

Playing the, he's a FOA and he's worth a top five pick, is just silly.

Still worth more to us than any combination of Nelson/Ho-Sang/Pick.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Lou is trading with Chiarelli. He’ll probsbly send over Ladd, Clutterbuck and MDC for Nuge with Edmonton retaining some of his contract.

Get some new material... we get it Chiarelli is a terrible GM. I think this is the third Oiler thread I have seen recently where you add no value to the thread and post something that is obvious and has been beaten to death.

Anyways, I have no interest in trading RNH for a downgrade... unless we are forced to... we are not at that point... yet.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Get some new material... we get it Chiarelli is a terrible GM. I think this is the third Oiler thread I have seen recently where you add no value to the thread and post something that is obvious and has been beaten to death.

Anyways, I have no interest in trading RNH for a downgrade... unless we are forced to... we are not at that point... yet.
Trades that have no value and a downgrade. That’s been the MO for everyone trading with the Islanders on here. Sending back old players on terrible contracts for younger players on a budget deal. Welcome to the world of terrible offers. If you can’t deal with if, don’t respond.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Trades that have no value and a downgrade. That’s been the MO for everyone trading with the Islanders on here. Sending back old players on terrible contracts for younger players on a budget deal. Welcome to the world of terrible offers. If you can’t deal with if, don’t respond.

I been on this site a while now... AS AN OILER FAN... believe me, I can deal with it and I'll respond if I choose to.

I actually don't think that all of the offers in the OP were bad... just not ones I would make.

Your post was just "Chiarelli... ha, ha... Chiarelli". Don't worry, I won't be reading any more of your posts because I will add you to my "special" list where all of your posts are non-existent to me. Carry on with your intelligent and witty opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad