GDT: NY Rangers at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TSN2 and RDS - Two for Tuesday

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Replicate something close to that strategy and effort game in and game out and this team will finally turn the corner.

Very fun game to watch. The team played with solid structure in the neutral zone and broke pucks out as a 5 man unit.

Offensively, the rush chances flowed from good defense and positioning, with guys joining the rush and making the smart high percentage plays, like Tanks shot pass for Batherson's goal.

Offense from the cycle was great as well. Exemplified by G and Brady working extremely hard for pucks down low, and then making the simple low to high play to the point and getting to the net.

It's not about replicating that strategy. Yesterday whatever they did worked against the Rangers albeit the Rangers could've just as easily scored in that second period again and changed the momentum.

The point is adapting to different teams. DJ hasn't been able to do that as of yet.

Obviously there's the element of "readiness" for a game, but that's why you'll see one of the worst teams beat one of the best on any given night.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
It's not about replicating that strategy. Yesterday whatever they did worked against the Rangers albeit the Rangers could've just as easily scored in that second period again and changed the momentum.

The point is adapting to different teams. DJ hasn't been able to do that as of yet.

Obviously there's the element of "readiness" for a game, but that's why you'll see one of the worst teams beat one of the best on any given night.

You can certainly tweak things for different teams.

The best teams play their game, game in game out. That is the type of game, effort and execution wise this team needs to play. And they need to do it with consistency, forcing other teams to adapt to them.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Not their best effort?

Do you watch the Rangers games consistently?

Yes.

I grew up a Rangers fan before the Senators existed.

You said it yourself:

Norris4Norris said:
The rangers looked like they wanted to lose.

What really happened is we outgunned and outshined one of the best teams in the NHL and it was a huge statement to the rest of the NHL that we are coming.

Sanderson looked so much better than Fox last night. Forsberg played better than Shesterkin, and our top players played way better than their top players.

It's going to take more than one win against a quality opponent to make any kind of statement after the start that we have had.
Obviously the Rangers wanted to win. But I think it was a case of the Rangers underestimating us and we overestimated them.

The rangers looked sloppy and there wasn't anyone who impressed me. Especially after all the talk about Panarin.

A blowout of one of the best teams in the league IS a statement. The Sens came to play to show the world that not only can they hang with the best but they can embarrass them too.

This team year after year does better in the second half. Sens are a playoff team IMO. (sorry for not getting your full quote above, don't know how that happened)

No offense, But I would not trade the Sens team for the Rangers team. Our star players are in their early 20s and they seem to get better every year, month and game. The Rangers star players are in their early 30s. Long-term success and improvement through experience are all coming Ottawa's way.

Last edited:

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I love the Zelda. I hope they keep it.

When are we going to wear red helmets? It’s the new fad, I noticed SJ is on the bandwagon now too.

Reactions: swiftwin

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
That was a fun game to watch. I had to watch most of it at BP with one of those 9 screens paired together for one big TV, but the top middle of the 9 was damaged, so I guess I only saw 8/9's of this game lol.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You can certainly tweak things for different teams.

The best teams play their game, game in game out. That is the type of game, effort and execution wise this team needs to play. And they need to do it with consistency, forcing other teams to adapt to them.
It takes more maturity and comfort in what you are trying to do to apply different tweaks for different teams.. There are patterns but this team is not close to being there yet.

Reactions: Dionysus

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Why be positive when they play well eh. Whats the point in that. Negativity would be much better.

Sometimes it seems like you just want to argue dude lol.

You have almost all the same criticisms of this team as I do so you know fully well they still have a lot to prove and that one win against a good team is just that, one big win. I didn't say they couldn't keep it up going forward but I won't just suddenly ignore all the glaring deficiencies because they BTFO'd a NYR team which wasn't even playing at its best.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Sometimes it seems like you just want to argue dude lol.

You have almost all the same criticisms of this team as I do so you know fully well they still have a lot to prove and that one win against a good team is just that, one big win. I didn't say they couldn't keep it up going forward but I won't just suddenly ignore all the glaring deficiencies because they BTFO'd a NYR team which wasn't even playing at its best.
They played noticeably better defensively since they said they were changing the systems somewhat. Probably better as they get used to it and adjust to it.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
His work rate is also unmatched. He doesn't give up on anything and manages to create so much as a result

This year Joseph has IMO been the hardest worker on a game to game basis. Really impressed with his season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad