GDT: NY Rangers at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - TSN2 and RDS - Two for Tuesday

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
So many good things in this game.
Thing that stuck out to me is that they seem to defend a little differently - more dare I say…Jacques Martin style.
They were loading up the neutral zone, forcing the play to one side and attacking cutting off lanes.
The D were pinching harder down the boards, and because of the neutral zone stance seemed to make life easier on the D.

Passes were on the money all night, and they looked like a 5 man unit out there with support all over the ice.
So lovely to watch them play like that.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Defence pairings looked great, colour me pleasantly surprised

Watching the team play games like this will make me more infuriated when we play like sh*t lol

Reactions: Dionysus

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I wanna see them play that way every night regardless of the results. Finally FINALLY saw guys committed to back-checking hard, getting on top/underneath of sticks, making crisp, smart decisions with the puck, playing with speed. It's not a lot to ask of a team and it doesn't require skill, it just requires commitment from the players.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well let’s have the team prove to us that they can play well for a stretch long enough to get us into the playoffs.
Thanks tips please explain to me how I should be a fan.

I'm gonna continue with my current style in which I evaluate based on what actually happened. If they play well I'll acknowledge it, if they play poorly ill do the same. Deciding on a pre conceived notion without any substance to base my evaluation can be for the crowd that boos. The people that yell shoot, and everyone who wants a single scape goat. I won't limit my Fandom to that, you're welcome to. I won't subscribe to that notion.

In regards to how they played. That's the most they looked like the team from the first 4.3 games.

Amazing how a team looks when they are confident in their goaltending.

Sanderson JBD were rock solid, JBD's development is massive for this team.

Zub sure brings out the best in Branstrom. When he feels confident in his partner he's a much better player.

I'm glad they are trying these d pairs now and are getting used to them. Once they go on the road this format will handle last change way better.

Since Tarasenko Stutzle Batherson were put together Drake is playing the closest thing to a 200 ft game we have seen. Tarasenko looks rejuvenated.

Fun game to be at. The wooing is annoying tbh. And last time the fans did that this team fell apart. Probably the same people that chant fire dj and were offended by Giroux and Tkachuk for not throwing their teammates and coach's under the bus.

Last edited:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I took a moment to enjoy it lol. A moment. When the buzzer sounded. The game ended a while ago. Now i worry about the Toronto game.
giphy.gif

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

I'm gonna continue with my current style in which I evaluate based on what actually happened. If they play well I'll acknowledge it, if they play poorly ill do the same. Deciding on a pre conceived notion without any substance to base my evaluation can be for the crowd that boos. The people that yell shoot, and everyone who wants a single scape goat. I won't limit my Fandom to that, you're welcome to. I won't subscribe to that notion.
You've never yelled shoooot once? Never ever ever in all your Bert History?

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The pregame blenders brought you to by Loop chick, all brand new pairings:

Sanderson-JBD
Chychman-Hammer
Brann-Zub

AHAHAHAHA DJ Smith lol. Predict the unpredictability.

Go Sens Go!

Gotta say, the DJ blender pairings looked sick last night. Zub makes any pairing better, Hammer is a work in progress but Chychman tried to keep that pairing in check and by 3rd period they were gelling pretty well I thought.

The JBD we got in the last 5 games is the JBD we envisioned - quiet, solid guy with less and less bad decision making. Plays a chill/ice in veins game.

Hope Chabot gets back soon, Hammer and JBD can take turns as 6D (may the best man win the job full time).

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Probably the best game of the season so far. Lots to like from this game.

Zub is so solid, and as a whole, our defense looked pretty good. They defended well and clogged up the neutral zone making it hard for the Rangers forwards. Interestingly, they used the same defensive scheme that the Rangers like to deploy. Forsberg played well as well.

They had the jump and played a fast game and had no problems scoring overall.

Now, if they can bring consistency to the equation, they will win a lot of games.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

In regards to how they played. That's the most they looked like the team from the first 4.3 games.

Amazing how a team looks when they are confident in their goaltending.

Sanderson JBD were rock solid, JBD's development is massive for this team.

Zub sure brings out the best in Branstrom. When he feels confident in his partner he's a much better player.

I'm glad they are trying these d pairs now and are getting used to them. Once they go on the road this format will handle last change way better.

Since Tarasenko Stutzle Batherson were put together Drake is playing the closest thing to a 200 ft game we have seen. Tarasenko looks rejuvenated.

Fun game to be at. The wooing is annoying tbh. And last time the fans did that this team fell apart. Probably the same people that chant fire dj and were offended by Giroux and Tkachuk for not throwing their teammates and coach's under the bus.
I said “let’s”. Not “ how about you let the team prove”. Let’s is actually “let us”. So let us that aren’t super excited YET, see more consistent performances before we get super excited. I didn’t explain anything to you.

I acknowledged they played well. But that’s it. They played well for a game. Before I get excited about the team and our playoff chances I would like more consistency. Wild. But true.

My sports teams have turned me into this. Years of the abyss

Last edited:

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Replicate something close to that strategy and effort game in and game out and this team will finally turn the corner.

Very fun game to watch. The team played with solid structure in the neutral zone and broke pucks out as a 5 man unit.

Offensively, the rush chances flowed from good defense and positioning, with guys joining the rush and making the smart high percentage plays, like Tanks shot pass for Batherson's goal.

Offense from the cycle was great as well. Exemplified by G and Brady working extremely hard for pucks down low, and then making the simple low to high play to the point and getting to the net.

Reactions: DrEasy

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Nice game! I think the Rangers had a really off night. We took advantage. It's what good teams are supposed to do.

Now on to the important questions for the Leafs game on Thursday:

1) 90s horror or 90s rom-coms for the Loafs GDT?

and

2) Forsy or Korpi? Anton was great last night. Maybe ride him while he's hot.

Easiest schedule in the league? Wtf are you talking about? There's no site that shows our schedule strength has been the easiest in the league.

The only fortunate piece about the low number of games played is Chabot and Greig missing less games while recovering

Show me any link, from anywhere, where the players or coaches are happy about less games played other than them mentioning the Chabot situation

Quote after quote the players are saying they can't get in a rhythm. I don't even need to post it for you because that's come up in many articles the past few weeks.

I think we've had a really easy schedule but not because of the amount of games. It's the ratio of home games to road games.

Only Columbus has played as many home games as us and they've played 7 more away games.

Having 15 out of 20 games as the home squad is a huge luxury. It's a luxury we've squandered and will have dig hard to get out of the hole the rest of the season.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nice game! I think the Rangers had a really off night. We took advantage. It's what good teams are supposed to do.

Now on to the important questions for the Leafs game on Thursday:

1) 90s horror or 90s rom-coms for the Loafs GDT?

and

2) Forsy or Korpi? Anton was great last night. Maybe ride him while he's hot.

I think we've had a really easy schedule but not because of the amount of games. It's the ratio of home games to road games.

Only Columbus has played as many home games as us and they've played 7 more away games.

Having 15 out of 20 games as the home squad is a huge luxury. It's a luxury we've squandered and will have dig hard to get out of the hole the rest of the season.
They certainly had plenty of time to work on things.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
I think it’s pretty clear that it wasn’t their best effort.

Nice to actually take full advantage.
Not their best effort?

Do you watch the Rangers games consistently?

We outplayed them and made them look silly. If the Sens can do this to the Rangers they could do it to just about anyone..

Imagine if we lost 6-2 vs. the Rangers. Everyone here would be talking about how unimpressive our loss was. People would say we don't have the skill or ability to hang anywhere near the Rangers.

Then, when we beat a bad team no one is impressed because we are supposed to win that game.

What really happened is we outgunned and outshined one of the best teams in the NHL and it was a huge statement to the rest of the NHL that we are coming.

Sanderson looked so much better than Fox last night. Forsberg played better than Shesterkin, and our top players played way better than their top players.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not their best effort?

Do you watch the Rangers games consistently?

Yes.

I grew up a Rangers fan before the Senators existed.

You said it yourself:

Norris4Norris said:
The rangers looked like they wanted to lose.

What really happened is we outgunned and outshined one of the best teams in the NHL and it was a huge statement to the rest of the NHL that we are coming.

Sanderson looked so much better than Fox last night. Forsberg played better than Shesterkin, and our top players played way better than their top players.

It's going to take more than one win against a quality opponent to make any kind of statement after the start that we have had.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad