GDT: NY Rangers 2018 Development Camp Thread

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
If he's gonna be good, he's gonna be good. Preferable for him to learn in the AHL, but he can probably hone his skills more as a first line guy there. If money should ever be the main concern, for him, it's now.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
If he's gonna be good, he's gonna be good. Preferable for him to learn in the AHL, but he can probably hone his skills more as a first line guy there. If money should ever be the main concern, for him, it's now.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Josh Teves also is attending Vancouver camp. Summer Showdown

I think he is attending Rangers camp just to see how many left handed defensemen can play on a team at the same time :laugh:.

Huh. Hockeydb has Teves listed as a righty, but this is now three sources I see listing him as a lefty, so I guess they have it wrong. Disappointing, because I really like the kid's profile, but unless a lot changes during the year, there just isn't room for another LHD FA signee...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Josh Teves also is attending Vancouver camp. Summer Showdown

I think he is attending Rangers camp just to see how many left handed defensemen can play on a team at the same time :laugh:.
Interesting. I know guys very frequently attend camps from different teams over different years, but it doesn't occur that often that they attend two in one year.

Also, pictures seem to confirm Teves is a lefty.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A very important distinction.

While I would strongly prefer Kravtsov in the AHL, I can see why the KHL would be the more likely option.

You're asking this kid to not only leave money on the table, but pay to leave money on the table, and then earn less in North America.

There also might be a "don't burn the bridges behind you" type philosophy behind his decision to stay in the KHL if he does. The Traktor organization gave him a chance and helped him become the player he is today.

Absolutely no gauretee of this at all. It’s much more likely he will get 13 minutes on the 3rd-4th line. Repeating myself in every thread but its very rare any KHL team plays their 18-19 year old anything more than 4th line minutes. They always favor the expirenced players

He's been playing top-6 minutes since January.

Eronko is more of an insider than Kalnins

True, but I will listen to both. They both have very reliable information

Last edited:

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
I am sure the cost to buy out a rookie deal in the KHL is not alot of $$$. I say buy it out, get him in Hartford with Chytil and Anderson. Give those guys big minutes and hopefully they will be ready for primetime in 2019-20

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I am sure the cost to buy out a rookie deal in the KHL is not alot of $$$. I say buy it out, get him in Hartford with Chytil and Anderson. Give those guys big minutes and hopefully they will be ready for primetime in 2019-20

The thing is: Kravtsov has to do the buy out. He will have to pay money to sign a deal with the Rangers for a potential lower salary. The Rangers aren't allowed to pay the buy out. And there is no way around it. No under-the-table deals etc.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The thing is: Kravtsov has to do the buy out. He will have to pay money to sign a deal with the Rangers for a potential lower salary. The Rangers aren't allowed to pay the buy out. And there is no way around it. No under-the-table deals etc.

Right. I have no problem if he stays in the KHL for a year. He obviously wants to be in NY and will be here next year.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Except there is a way for the rangers to buy out his deal. They can either out right hand him the amount needed. Or they can find a company wanting to endorse some players on the rangers and have them include Kravzy. This is New York my friend... we can do whatever the **** we want

Or Dolan can just say **** and go buy the KHL team he plays for :laugh:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Right. I have no problem if he stays in the KHL for a year. He obviously wants to be in NY and will be here next year.

And as I said before: I feel it's also in his best interest to not burn the bridges behind him. The Traktor organization has always been good to him. He sacrificed a lot to play hockey, moved in with his grandparents to be able to. An extra year in the KHL is good for his development and he can pay back to the community that invested in him, bringing in money with the increased media attention from having a top-10 NHL draft pick on the team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Except there is a way for the rangers to buy out his deal. They can either out right hand him the amount needed. Or they can find a company wanting to endorse some players on the rangers and have them include Kravzy. This is New York my friend... we can do whatever the **** we want

What did I say about under-the-table deals? That's not allowed. This "We are NY, we can do whatever we want" attitude is ridiculous. I really hope you are joking because this is the type of stuff that gets owners/GMs etc lifetime bans from sports.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
What did I say about under-the-table deals? That's not allowed. This "We are NY, we can do whatever we want" attitude is ridiculous. I really hope you are joking because this is the type of stuff that gets owners/GMs etc lifetime bans from sports.

Yup. Could they orchestrate an endorsement deal for Kravty? Sure. Is it worth a risk? Nope.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
This stuff happens all the time in sports, just look at Neymar transaction from Santos to Barcelona.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yup. Could they orchestrate an endorsement deal for Kravty? Sure. Is it worth a risk? Nope.

It's not even worth it to bring him over. Chytil's situation was completely different playing in an inferior league. I could totally get behind that decision. Chytil's game benefits greatly from a move to Hartford because it's a better league than the Hokej Extraliga.

Kravtsov's situation is different. Playing in the KHL against teams like Barys, SKA, CSKA, MM and Jokerit gives him the opportunity to be up against players like Datsyuk, Shipachyov, Mozyakin, Gusev, Wolski, Tkachev. Sure, not all NHL-caliber players but certainly better than what the AHL offers in terms of opposition. Leave him in the KHL for a year and bring him over in 2019.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Yeah, it sure would be worth a league investigation, loss of draft picks, and any other punishment that would come from that.

What a ridiculous post.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, it sure would be worth a league investigation, loss of draft picks, and any other punishment that would come from that.

What a ridiculous post.

I am not advocating it, but but how would the league investigate an appearance here, an autograph signing there over the course of a season? Players get free cars all the time from dealerships for meet and greets or photo ops.....

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I am not advocating it, but but how would the league investigate an appearance here, an autograph signing there over the course of a season?

I imagine that there are so few instances of players buying out their contracts that it would be fairly easy for them to investigate. People doing shady things tend to keep evidence laying around.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I am not advocating it, but but how would the league investigate an appearance here, an autograph signing there over the course of a season? Players get free cars all the time from dealerships for meet and greets or photo ops.....

And all those endorsements/transactions have to be presented to the league to avoid any shady business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad