GDT: NY Rangers 2018 Development Camp Thread

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Its not. I've posted this a million times. Might as well sticky it.

Open dialogue: Wild GM Chuck Fletcher finally meets with...

I guess the only exception to this might be that there was a new rule put in place for players that get drafted to the NHL, but does anyone really think the KHL cares about the NHL draft? I doubt it. Gorton himself has said he's not sure when asked. He never said that its definitively possible.

According to Igor Eronko, there is a distinction between a contract buy out (which can be done any time) and a contract termination (requires to be filed 18 months prior)

Contract termination:

Buy-out contract:

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
According to Igor Eremenko, there is a distinction between a contract buy out (which can be done any time) and a contract termination (requires to be filed 18 months prior)

Contract termination:

Buy-out contract:

We can't loan him back to the KHL if he comes here for training camp?

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
staying in the K one more season isnt a problem at all.

hes gonna get major minutes with traktor and he's going to develop fine there.

imo, hes not ready now anyway.

Not that I'm doubting it, but does that organization have a history of giving big, important minutes to players that are on record as getting ready to leave ASAP?

Reactions: egelband

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
According to Igor Eremenko, there is a distinction between a contract buy out (which can be done any time) and a contract termination (requires to be filed 18 months prior)

Contract termination:

Buy-out contract:

A very important distinction.

While I would strongly prefer Kravtsov in the AHL, I can see why the KHL would be the more likely option.

You're asking this kid to not only leave money on the table, but pay to leave money on the table, and then earn less in North America.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
staying in the K one more season isnt a problem at all.

hes gonna get major minutes with traktor and he's going to develop fine there.

imo, hes not ready now anyway.
Absolutely no gauretee of this at all. It’s much more likely he will get 13 minutes on the 3rd-4th line. Repeating myself in every thread but its very rare any KHL team plays their 18-19 year old anything more than 4th line minutes. They always favor the expirenced players

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
A very important distinction.

While I would strongly prefer Kravtsov in the AHL, I can see why the KHL would be the more likely option.

You're asking this kid to not only leave money on the table, but pay to leave money on the table, and then earn less in North America.

I'm really ignorant of the business side of hockey - if I assumed that the Rangers reimbursing him for his buyout was a violation of NHL/CBA rules, would that be accurate?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Absolutely no gauretee of this at all. It’s much more likely he will get 13 minutes on the 3rd-4th line. Repeating myself in every thread but its very rare any KHL team plays their 18-19 year old anything more than 4th line minutes. They always favor the expirenced players
After his performance in the playoffs after being given an increased role, I think they'll be fine giving him more ice time.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
So it's plausible that Shesty, Kravtsov, and Rykov will all come over in the same offseason. Add a year of pro experience for Howden, Hajek, Day, Lindgren, Chytil, and Andersson, along with further info on Buchnevich's progression, and we should have a hell of a camp competition in the fall of 2019.

The non-Kravtsov guys from this years draft will be more than 1 year away though. Probably 3-4 in Miller and Lundkvist's cases.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
After his performance in the playoffs after being given an increased role, I think they'll be fine giving him more ice time.

I heard somewhere that he really wasn't given much of a increased role when he started piling up goals in the playoffs (maybe went from the 4th to 3rd line?)...he just made VERY good use of his limited ice time.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So it's plausible that Shesty, Kravtsov, and Rykov will all come over in the same offseason. Add a year of pro experience for Howden, Hajek, Day, Lindgren, Chytil, and Andersson, along with further info on Buchnevich's progression, and we should have a hell of a camp competition in the fall of 2019.

The non-Kravtsov guys from this years draft will be more than 1 year away though. Probably 3-4 in Miller and Lundkvist's cases.

Oh yes...it's going to be a VERY exciting training camp in 2019..

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
If he's gonna be good, he's gonna be good. Preferable for him to learn in the AHL, but he can probably hone his skills more as a first line guy there. If money should ever be the main concern, for him, it's now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad