NY Islanders Stanley Cup Playoff Discussion (Caps Win Series 4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
I think Clutterbuck is officially in Ovie head, frustration of his lack of production and clutter constantly in his face reminding him about it has gotten to him over the course of 6 games IMO...if we win this series i think Clutter has been one of the major reasons with the hits, scoring, PK and the agitation...hes had a great series, keep it going clutter!!!

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
Sounds like you sitting in front of my brother. He always gets pissed off at that too and then says that very same thing! :laugh:

I was yelling the same thing at the tv at that same time. You don't rush a shot when you are 5 on 4 and one of their players have a broken stick. Leddy clearly let the crowd get to him at that moment also. So frustrating.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...game-7-with-win-at-nassau-coliseum-1.10332818

Don't close those Coliseum doors just yet. The Islanders still might need their building.

With two defensemen making their playoff debuts and another shuffle up front, the Islanders found the right level of desperation to pull out a 3-1 win over the Capitals in Game 6 Saturday at the venerable and vulnerable Nassau Coliseum.

That forces a Game 7 Monday night in Washington. The Coliseum might not see another hockey game, but the Islanders at least did their part not to leave the old building on a sour note.

"The fans were rocking the place," said Brian Strait, who went from being the seventh defenseman on the roster much of the season to the second pair in the Islanders' biggest game of the season. "We just wanted to make sure we gave ourselves a chance to keep it going."

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...-extra-police-presence-at-coliseum-1.10333132

In this specific case, the added police presence paid off.

"All of a sudden, these officers came out of nowhere, lifted their sweatshirts, showed their badges and took care of the situation," said Brian Barteld, 54, of Merrick, who was standing nearby. "I think they were there just watching it take place and decided it was time to take over."

According to Nassau County Police Officer Christopher Barling, there were additional patrols of both uniformed and plainclothes police, as well as the usual officers on horseback. He said there were "no reports of any problems" at the Coliseum.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Fyi. Although the shot was clearly late, the horn was late as well.

I should start off by saying I think what Carlson did was not a bad play(anything to try get into the heads of the other team for the next game), all that being said don't tell me the shot wasn't cheap. They were basically down by 2 goals with less then 3 seconds left and he aimed it for Halak's head when clearly 3 seconds expired.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Next game 1st period will likely be the lynch pin for the series. Trotz is going to get on his guys to bring the hits & wrest control of the game early. Our guys need to weather the storm. Even if we come away 0-1 from the first that might be all it takes to mount a counter attack and take the game. Tavares will need to keep his eyes open that first period because the high shots, the boardings, they will be coming for him. Above all though, the boys have to keep the physical play turned up to ten.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
I should start off by saying I think what Carlson did was not a bad play(anything to try get into the heads of the other team for the next game), all that being said don't tell me the shot wasn't cheap. They were basically down by 2 goals with less then 3 seconds left and he aimed it for Halak's head when clearly 3 seconds expired.

It was cheap, but horn guy was not on the ball either.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Next game 1st period will likely be the lynch pin for the series. Trotz is going to get on his guys to bring the hits & wrest control of the game early. Our guys need to weather the storm. Even if we come away 0-1 from the first that might be all it takes to mount a counter attack and take the game. Tavares will need to keep his eyes open that first period because the high shots, the boardings, they will be coming for him. Above all though, the boys have to keep the physical play turned up to ten.

I disagree, it is about scoring and not periods. We need to score first, it will deflate them(it has every other time) and start the choke. They are afraid of Halak, and Holtby looked beatable last game. It is going to take 60 minutes(at least).

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
It was cheap, but horn guy was not on the ball either.

It was a really stupid move by Carlson, plain and simple. He deserves to get a beating for being that stupid as it put his teammates in peril as well as the Isles players. It was completely unnecessary and now the bad blood has been magnified even more. I find it hilarious that he was the only player on the ice that didn't get involved in anything and avoided any penalty time, it just makes the whole sequence even worse for him. He came out looking like a jack ass.

19 Straight

Jan 25, 2006
New Jersey
Cool...i still can't believe that in 19 straight playoffs series, they never had one game 7...

Yes. But they had two game 5s in 5 game series, which is effectively the same thing and won them both- in 1982 vs Pittsburgh and in84 vs the Rags. Interestingly, both games were won by the Isles in OT and both were in the Barn.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007

Strait continued, "We know our racist, homophobic fans deserve a winner, and we want to give the most unhinged crowd in the league a team they can be proud to fistfight people over." Team captain John Tavares added, "When you get that building going with 16,000 plus crazed, violent sociopaths making noise, it can be a scary place. Especially for people of color, women, and the LGBT community." Coach Jack Capuano summed up the team's sentiments: "Hopefully, the human garbage in those stands haven't thrown their last beer or keyed their last car."

If Garth can embrace his rep, maybe we should all just do the same.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
if we win what day you think next round starts thurs? fri?

Just a guess here but if the Tampa/Detroit game goes 7 games(and Ends Tuesday) I am guessing they will let them play Friday(and have 3 days off)

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Strait continued, "We know our racist, homophobic fans deserve a winner, and we want to give the most unhinged crowd in the league a team they can be proud to fistfight people over." Team captain John Tavares added, "When you get that building going with 16,000 plus crazed, violent sociopaths making noise, it can be a scary place. Especially for people of color, women, and the LGBT community." Coach Jack Capuano summed up the team's sentiments: "Hopefully, the human garbage in those stands haven't thrown their last beer or keyed their last car."

If Garth can embrace his rep, maybe we should all just do the same.

Rumor has it Clutterbuck is paying homage to the human garbage cans tomorrow night

465660829.jpg

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Yes. But they had two game 5s in 5 game series, which is effectively the same thing and won them both- in 1982 vs Pittsburgh and in84 vs the Rags. Interestingly, both games were won by the Isles in OT and both were in the Barn.

Forgot about those best of 5's...they were only in the first round, correct?

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Rumor has it Clutterbuck is paying homage to the human garbage cans tomorrow night

465660829.jpg

As a piece of utter filth, I'm really glad this team represents my interests. A little sorry no one on the team has been busted with an 8 ball or three, but hey, it's not the off-season yet. Could totally see Anders and Brock doing some Krokodil with Ovi at the Luxor and killing a stripper while (Mod Edit)

Dare to dream, Isles fans. We can be the worst!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad