NY Islanders Stanley Cup Playoff Discussion (Caps Win Series 4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.nyiskinny.com/2015/04/the-skinny-on-playoff-race-isles-are-in.html

The Isles will guarantee at least a third place finish in the Metropolitan Division IF:
The Isles beat Pittsburgh in any fashion OR
The Isles beat Columbus in regulation/overtime OR
Pittsburgh loses to Buffalo in regulation OR
The Isles earn more points than Pittsburgh does on Saturday OR
The Isles lose in OT on Friday but earn as many points as Pittsburgh on Saturday OR
The Isles lose in OT on Friday and lose in OT/SO Saturday while Pittsburgh wins in shootout on Saturday OR
The Isles lose in SO on Friday but Pittsburgh does not win on Saturday with the Isles losing in regulation OR
The Isles lose in SO on Friday and lose in OT/SO Saturday

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=762382&navid=nhl:topheads

After missing the Stanley Cup Playoffs last season, the New York Islanders led the Metropolitan Division for a large portion of 2014-15 and clinched a berth in the postseason on Thursday.

Additions in goal and on defense, and a captain who is a Hart Trophy candidate are reasons the Islanders' last season at Nassau Coliseum on Long Island was a memorable one. New York's 43-year run there will come to an end this season.

Here are five reasons the Islanders clinched a playoff berth:

1. Upgrades on defense

New York allowed the third-most goals in the NHL last season, so defense was an area that needed to improve. General manager Garth Snow took care of that by trading for Nick Leddy and Johnny Boychuk in separate deals days before the season began.

The two have become the Islanders' top defensive pair, playing against the opponent's top line. New York has allowed two regulation goals or fewer in 38 games this season. Each has added offense too; Boychuk set career highs with eight goals and 35 points, and Leddy has a career-high 10 goals.

Boychuk and Leddy each signed a seven-year contract this season, solidifying the Islanders' blue line going forward....

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
I'll be attending training in a secluded area in South Carolina during the first 2 weeks of May. If they make it that far, I know for a fact they only have basic local channels. Is there a way to watch games live on an iPad?

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
I'll be attending training in a secluded area in South Carolina during the first 2 weeks of May. If they make it that far, I know for a fact they only have basic local channels. Is there a way to watch games live on an iPad?

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...et-with-complete-coverage-beginning-april-15/

From the press release about it:

Every first-round Stanley Cup Playoff game will be televised on a national platform.

In order to televise as many as four games on a given day/night, NBC Sports Group will utilize NBC, NBCSN, USA Network, CNBC and the NHL Network to carry first-round games.

NBCSN will be the primary home of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, offering coverage of one or two games virtually every night of the first round. NBC will present seven exclusive first-round broadcasts during the weekends of April 18-19 and April 25-26, including two Saturday primetime broadcasts on April 18 and April 25 at 8 p.m. ET.

USA Network, CNBC and NHL Network will also provide live coverage in primetime. USA Network will host games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, while CNBC will air games Thursday through Monday nights, when necessary. Games airing on NBCSN, USA Network, CNBC and the NHL Network will be subject to local blackouts in the first round. NBC has exclusivity throughout the playoffs.

Wonder if this is feasible for you.

Thanks to Hoek from the Lightning Board.

HumphreyBrogart

Apr 12, 2007
Mineola, LI/ Hoboken
So who do we think will elevate his game in the playoffs?

Boychuk has been touted as a guy who finds an extra gear come playoff time. A couple years ago I recall Cizikas scoring some very timely goals.

Frankly we will NEED someone to become a playoff hero. I'm pulling for Strome.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Ok -- Ill just point out the painfully obvious here.

Plan A = DON'T take penalties.

If Plan A fails, then go to plan B.

Plan B - COVER OVI.

Pretty simple stuff. If we can't do this, no chance in this series.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
OVi looking like the most determined and complete player this year under Trots than he's looked his entire career.

I'm having nightmares of us just leaving OVI open by the left circle on the PP.

GusTheo

Sep 14, 2011
But how would all the tickets make it to the secondary market? Would the team really be stupid enough to give them to all the brokers to receive some sort of kick back? Has this ever been done by a professional franchise before for a playoff series?

I'd have serious issues with this if this is the case.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Amex presale starts Monday. General sale Wednesday. I don't expect much to be available Wednesday

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Don't the playoffs start Wednesday?

not everyone plays wednesday. first game could be thursday and this could already be known that first game thursday since Wednesday being announced. Or the isles may not feel they will get home ice thus making Wednesday the day. kidding on that last part :)

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
But how would all the tickets make it to the secondary market? Would the team really be stupid enough to give them to all the brokers to receive some sort of kick back? Has this ever been done by a professional franchise before for a playoff series?

I'd have serious issues with this if this is the case.

Season ticket holders and package holders. STHs were eligible for additional seats as part of their agreement. That sale was earlier this week.

GusTheo

Sep 14, 2011
Season ticket holders and package holders. STHs were eligible for additional seats as part of their agreement. That sale was earlier this week.

Gotcha. I know it's the last season at the Coliseum, but I remember against the Pens the public sale didn't even sell out right away. Seems like such a drastic change that every game would sell out before having to go public.

Now this has me seriously depressed.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Did not realize that Washington game will be over hours before ours.. So if Washington wins I hope we sit some of our key guys tomorrow. Although JT must play because of scoring title.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Gotcha. I know it's the last season at the Coliseum, but I remember against the Pens the public sale didn't even sell out right away. Seems like such a drastic change that every game would sell out before having to go public.

Now this has me seriously depressed.

Yes they sold a lot more packages this year. Two years ago I was able to get the seats next to my season tickets for the playoffs, this year I couldn't get anything close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad