NY Islanders Sale Talk ONLY Part IV **Post 400, Isles SOLD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
That is only true when everyone agrees on the context, often that isn't the case.

There is no arguing against the definition in the dictionary though.

Thank you. Why don't you mature your arguments some HOR and stick to definitions instead of using a context that people don't agree on to begin with. That would make things much more productive...if trying to actually prove your point is your end result.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
Thank you. Why don't you mature your arguments some HOR and stick to definitions instead of using a context that people don't agree on to begin with. That would make things much more productive...if trying to actually prove your point is your end result.

The context is simple, the Islanders. A hockey team

Success as a definition should be simple in this context, winning. That means making the playoffs and winning during the playoffs.

Failure as a definition should be simple in this context, losing. That means missing the playoffs.

Disaster as a definition should be simple in this context, consistent failure otherwise known as consistent losing.

Wang/Snow/Milbury have not brought a playoff series win to the Islanders in ~15years. They have also consistently run the team like a circus . All that coupled with common sense leads to a reasonable person to conclude it has been a DISASTER!

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Success as a definition should be simple in this context, winning. That means making the playoffs and winning during the playoffs.

Failure as a definition should be simple in this context, losing. That means missing the playoffs.

Disaster as a definition should be simple in this context, consistent failure otherwise known as consistent losing.

Wang/Snow/Milbury have not brought a playoff series win to the Islanders in ~15years. They have also consistently run the team like a circus . All that coupled with common sense leads to a reasonable person to conclude it has been a DISASTER!

Ok, but look back. My original post that you and Streit kept commenting on was that Wang hasn't done anything drastic. The only thing I ever argued disaster about with you was the Vanek trade. I'm finished discussing that. I was replying to another poster saying that Wang hasn't done anything truly drastic with this team.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
The only reason why we hired him was because Smith agreed to the "Committee" style of management Wang wanted because of the failure of Milbury. Once Smith said the committee wasn't going to work that's when Wang turfed him.

-------------

This thread should be closed as it has totally gone off the rails.

How is discussion of ownership issues going off the rails in the a thread about an ownership change?

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County

The fact that there is a debate about whether or not DISASTER is the appropriate word to use tells you all you need to know. Call it whatever you want. In hockey terms if you can't use disaster to describe the isles for the last 20 years then you cannot use the word ever in a hockey context. Personally I can think of other more descriptive words to use that more appropriately describe what has transpired but this is a family forum.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
The only reason why we hired him was because Smith agreed to the "Committee" style of management Wang wanted because of the failure of Milbury. Once Smith said the committee wasn't going to work that's when Wang turfed him.

-------------

This thread should be closed as it has totally gone off the rails.

How about you let the Mod Team worry about that!

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
How is discussion of ownership issues going off the rails in the a thread about an ownership change?

Lets focus more on the sale rather than Wang's previous short comings.

Not solely directed at you.

Wang is relevant discussion, but let's leave as much of the past behind and look towards the future.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I'm 21 and I've never seen a playoff series won by the Isles. If your situation is disgusting, I can't imagine what you'd call my situation.

I'm 30 and I kind of have. The 93 season got me into the Isles. My brother and I started playing hockey at reck and on the street and I was 8 at the end of the 93 season. We really got into hockey that summer. My whole family started to watch the local team (NJ) and all picked the Devils. I liked Turgeon and others and picked the Isles. Haven't won crap since. So I've been actively watching for your lifetime and haven't seen crap.

----

On topic: Threads meander and I kind of like the polarizing arguments about Wang, but I have to say that this is not what I expected all the recent chatter to be after we JUST SOLD. I feel like I've been waiting for this for so long, I almost don't know how to react. I don't even have anything to say. Maybe it is calm before a new storm, or maybe the 2 years of this purgatory. I guess I thought, as a bunch, we'd be happier. It's the nature of the fan, I suppose.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home

You left out how Wang wanted to lose Blake after a career year to save money, how Wang wanted to cut anyone who earned a contract increase, yet how Wang has had the chance to get premium coaching talent and scared them off with his drastic meddling and forced this team to be sub-mediocre....I could go on.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I'm 21 and I've never seen a playoff series won by the Isles. If your situation is disgusting, I can't imagine what you'd call my situation.

I'm 27 and in the same boat. I was technically at the games, but I didn't really understand everything going on in terms of playoffs (I would have been 6 during the 93 run). And I really don't remember specifically those games (I was a season ticket holder until I moved away from LI so after a while it's a blur as to each game lol).

BroadwayJay*

http://islanderspointblank.com/islanders/wang-wants-to-move-barroway-suit-to-nassau-county/

"Charles Wang wants to move Andrew Barroway’s lawsuit from Manhattan to Nassau County..."

I would say that's the appropriate venue if he's suing Charles Wang personally, just speaking as a lawyer.

I will add that this is typical of an "answer" to a complaint, you raise every possible issue available.

Again, as a caveat, I think the suit is lacking in merit. I would like to read the answer though.

BleedsOrange14

Jul 1, 2014
It all makes sense now.

They will move to Brooklyn and bomb out.

The NHL will give the guys some incentive to move to Ottawa or Vegas and that will be that.

No more team.

Wang wont care.

I wonder which of his business associates is going to jail next.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
It all makes sense now.

They will move to Brooklyn and bomb out.

The NHL will give the guys some incentive to move to Ottawa or Vegas and that will be that.

No more team.

Wang wont care.

I wonder which of his business associates is going to jail next.

Not sure where you got Ottawa from but I admit I thought similarly when I read the expansion news... If the 2 new guys cut a backroom deal with the NHL and can move the team to Vegas or Seattle if Brooklyn fails it would explain why they overpaid

BleedsOrange14

Jul 1, 2014
Not sure where you got Ottawa from but I admit I thought similarly when I read the expansion news... If the 2 new guys cut a backroom deal with the NHL and can move the team to Vegas or Seattle if Brooklyn fails it would explain why they overpaid

The more Canadian teams the better.

tra·di·tion

/trəˈdiSHən/

noun

noun: tradition

1. the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad