Speculation: NY Islanders Sale Talk ONLY Part III *Barroway out Post 652*

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Stay optimistic isles nation!!!
If there is nothing by the draft then we can all be let down

Someone told me to be optimistic after Wang bought the team and Milbury wasn't fired immediately, then the Yashin trade, then the DiPietro deal, then Neil Smith being fired after 40 days, then Snow being hired, then Nino being traded two years after being heralded after he was drafted, then another bottom 5 finish, and a 10 consecutive year being at the cap floor, and the fact that Capuano was/is ever employed by my favorite team...

Sorry...I'm all out of optimism.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Wouldn't it had been hilarious if they had sent an invite to the press on Sunday telling them there was going to be a press conference on Monday. Of course that would have been leaked, and we all would have gone insane, then only to find out it was just assistant coaching/assistanf GM news. I think this messageboard would have imploded.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
At least all those who wanted to give Snow another chance must be happy today. Fact is Snow is an amateur.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
To be fair this thread isn't up because of BillD, it's up due to multiple members of the media saying the team is already sold.

I don't visit this board awhole lot and I don't pay attention to LI news too much. Which members of the media is say the team is sold in specifics?

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Holy crap, we came to a fork in the road and took it lol.
These moves are not encouraging no matter what else happens.
I fail to believe there are not better choices out there who are not U of Maine alumni.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I've said in the past, Snow's loyalty to Capuano alone, who has been the coach over 2 extended losing streaks during his tenure, proves to me that he is not GM material.

Mavericknyc1980

Jul 14, 2006
Holy crap, we came to a fork in the road and took it lol.
These moves are not encouraging no matter what else happens.
I fail to believe there are not better choices out there who are not U of Maine alumni.

Still happening????

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I've said in the past, Snow's loyalty to Capuano alone, who has been the coach over 2 extended losing streaks during his tenure, proves to me that he is not GM material.

Snow is not loyal to Capuano, Snow only wants his soldier, someone who won't speak up against him, same as Wang having his yes-man in Snow.

And besides that, it's not only Capuano, it's the coaching committee and Snow is a big part of it.

scott99

May 13, 2005
What media said this team is sold? Please link. I like fiction.

To answer your question, Carton from Boomer and Carton said it on his radio show. So I guess that counts as media.

Last edited by a moderator:

scott99

May 13, 2005
I think if it reaches Friday June 20th,'and no sale is announced we can considered ourselves all duped and we all will have learned an important message. Unless it comes from McKenzie or Staple, don't believe anyone. I'm sure Rose Tinted Visor, and DavidVolek and BillD and Okpotavanek, are all getting a little nervous at this time. Their so called "inside sources" have duped them as well. It's not a coincidence that they haven't posted any important info in quite some time, I expected if there was a hiccup or delay, they would have made some sort of comment, but they are, not surprisingly, silent about it not being announced yet. They were all so sure it was going to happen due to their so called "inside sources". Please entertain us fellas, what are your "inside sources" telling you now ?

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I think if it reaches Friday June 20th,'and no sale is announced we can considered ourselves all duped and we all will have learned an important message. Unless it comes from McKenzie or Staple, don't believe anyone. I'm sure Rose Tinted Visor, and DavidVolek and BillD and Okpotavanek, are all getting a little nervous at this time. Their so called "inside sources" have duped them as well. It's not a coincidence that they haven't posted any important info in quite some time, I expected if there was a hiccup or delay, they would have made some sort of comment, but they are, not surprisingly, silent about it not being announced yet. They were all so sure it was going to happen due to their so called "inside sources". Please entertain us fellas, what are your "inside sources" telling you now ?
Nervous, no doubt. As a diehard Islander fan I want this done.
I have been posting regularly here but there is nothing of any substance to report.
Information has not been forthcoming about any sale for a while now. Any small items would be viewed as excuse making, and that is understandable. We all (myself included) will have to wait for the news, and if there isn't any in a reasonable time (fill in the blank) we can only draw the conclusion that what was disseminated was incorrect and untrue.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
People are surprised by this? Really? I just don't get our fanbase sometimes. I understand being disappointed....but we're Islander fans. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. And quite frankly I don't disappointed anymore--I expect incompetency, and I'm rarely disappointed in that regard! :laugh::laugh:

scott99

May 13, 2005
Nervous, no doubt. As a diehard Islander fan I want this done.
I have been posting regularly here but there is nothing of any substance to report.
Information has not been forthcoming about any sale for a while now. Any small items would be viewed as excuse making, and that is understandable. We all (myself included) will have to wait for the news, and if there isn't any in a reasonable time (fill in the blank) we can only draw the conclusion that what was disseminated was incorrect and untrue.

I think your last statement, IS the definitive statement. If an announcement after the SCF was going to made that the team has been sold, that announcement would have come and gone already. They had all day Saturday/Sunday and Monday. Let's face it, your source, Red Tinted Visor's, RR39's, David Volek's and Okpotavanek's sources, whether they are the same people or different sources, were all wrong and quite possibly, not as good a source as you all thought. You've been duped and so have we. Thanks for nuthin.

kpap57

Jun 24, 2008
EX Long Islander
I think your last statement, IS the definitive statement. If an announcement after the SCF was going to made that the team has been sold, that announcement would have come and gone already. They had all day Saturday/Sunday and Monday. Let's face it, your source, Red Tinted Visor's, RR39's, David Volek's and Okpotavanek's sources, whether they are the same people or different sources, were all wrong and quite possibly, not as good a source as you all thought. You've been duped and so have we. Thanks for nuthin.

I give it until the draft(what day is the draft?) and the above posters will be ignored.

While I took all the claims with a grain of salt, I did get my hopes up a lil. Oh well, same old same old.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Well I'll stand up and take responsibility (and a lot of guff) if it is proven to be wrong. I allowed myself to believe or was not careful enough to wait it out. No excuses, but after 3 separate events that were revealed and eventually came to correct, I bought in.
I still will wait on it until at least tomorrow.
As for the others, I do not have any idea who they are except for one of them who was my source and has the connection to the supposed inside. What I didn't know was that one guy was posting disclosures on *************.
This is not funny.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I don't visit this board awhole lot and I don't pay attention to LI news too much. Which members of the media is say the team is sold in specifics?

The entire Lou Pellegrino incident was very suspicious.

This is what happened:
Lou Pellegrino makes a tweet saying the Islanders are sold, will be announced after the Finals.
Maybe thirty minutes later takes the tweet down and says a coworker went onto his twitter and wrote that.
Around an hour later he deletes his twitter

During this span SportsNet puts up a headline that Wang has sold the team (this all in the last thread).
SportsNet takes it down shortly after.

Last Friday Carton from the morning talk show Boomer and Carton says the Islanders are sold and will be announced after the finals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Please play nice, and remember: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person.

Last edited:

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
When would have game seven of the Stanley Cup finals taken place if it would have been necessary?

Last edited:

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I believe BillD has a source. I believe that lots of people have the same source. There's too many people going on in the same way. However, I don't have any reason to believe that this source isn't releasing information to suit their interests (perhaps trying to leverage the fans and media against Wang?).

BTW, just because Wang involves his kid in all these drafts/functions doesn't make it classy or right to make fun of the kid. It's pretty low, actually. I'm also sick of the Mao/Wang references just because the guy is of Chinese descent. Chances are you're mocking him with something him and his family fled from. That's screwed up, and seriously trashy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad