Speculation: NY Islanders Sale Talk ONLY Part III *Barroway out Post 652*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hershey Hockey

#AskNeal
Oct 5, 2010
Hershey, PA
@ChrisBottaNHL: If #Isles followers needed more evidence that sale is not close and GM/coach are safe for next season, look at today's moves.

As much as I don't want it to, this makes sense and I agree with him. Does everyone who threw in made up BS in the last thread about an announcement immediately after the Finals and Potvin being team president get the banhammer if/when nothing comes by the end of the week?

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
@ChrisBottaNHL: If #Isles followers needed more evidence that sale is not close and GM/coach are safe for next season, look at today's moves.

As much as I don't want it to, this makes sense and I agree with him. Does everyone who threw in made up BS in the last thread about an announcement immediately after the Finals and Potvin being team president get the banhammer if/when nothing comes by the end of the week?

Sure, fair point. These 'moves' are noted by Botta are move in title than anything else. It's vapor and illusory.

There's really NOTHING going on with 'today's news.' The Isles are marketing hires/title changes in an effort to show they are getting their management house in order. However, its the same old, old. Wang and Chuckie's boys.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Well, not going to lie. I am pretty disappointed. I really thought this team was sold, and likely coming out of the basement. Instead we make more horrible personnel decisions.

scott99

May 13, 2005

Botta seems to be trying TOO hard to prove he's right about the team NOT being sold for a few months. There just seems to be too much smoke out there. Unless everyone is getting their inside info from the same person, who happens to not know what they are talking about.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Botta seems to be trying TOO hard to prove he's right about the team NOT being sold for a few months. There just seems to be too much smoke out there. Unless everyone is getting their inside info from the same person, who happens to not know what they are talking about.

Botta's new nickname should be "The Long Island Medium", because he's got so many contradictory predictions/tweets out there that he can't possibly be wrong. :shakehead

scott99

May 13, 2005
Looking forward to watching Wang Jr. stuff himself with Fritos and Tostitos at the draft table again.

:cry:

That's both funny and sad at the same time. And you know those aren't Fritos and Tostitos, Wang buys the generic brand of those to save money (Frytos and Tastitos).

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
This better get done soon. This will be one of the biggest letdowns in recent history of being a fan. I thought the sale was done after the Pelegrino ings had happened.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Sure, fair point. These 'moves' are noted by Botta are move in title than anything else. It's vapor and illusory.

There's really NOTHING going on with 'today's news.' The Isles are marketing hires/title changes in an effort to show they are getting their management house in order. However, its the same old, old. Wang and Chuckie's boys.

I have to disagree Blitz. If a sale is pending the normal actions would be to do nothing. This is not nothing. Garf has hired two assistant coaches. Corkum had to be convinced to leave U of Maine. How is that possible if there is a change in ownership pending and a high likelihood that the entire coaching staff will get wiped? Interestingly though, Weight becoming AGM means Wang is now paying more for his operations staff (but since Weight has never GMd anything before I can't imagine it is much.)

A total aside: Corkum is a USA Hockey guy. Is Weight? Anyone know how many USA Hockey affiliated staff members we have? Smells like semi-nepotism at this point, let alone the Maine, Boston connections.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Maybe Bettman does not want to be over shodowed by the World Cup ?

A and then the Draft?

And then free agency?

And then July fourth?

And then the MLB all star game ?

And then the MLB trade deadline?

And then HBO hard knocks?

And the. The start of the NFL season ?

And then NHL training camp?

Bettman really is a smooth smooth operator. Waiting for the perfect time to announce the sale. And our new owner, what a guy!! Knowing he has purchased a sports franchise but is willing to wait months to announce it and still let the old owner run things.

Only in islanders country.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
My theory is that Snow is going to be left in place. He has acted in that manner all along starting from when he said Cappy would be back. It is too close to a key draft and FA season to make a change f a GM who knows the organization and what is in it, where the bones are buried.
If anything, Snow gets a year.
If that is so, he could have been told to go ahead and fill out his and assemble his staff for the year. The fact he chooses more U of Maine buddies or guys from Massachusetts is just Snow being Snow, it is what he comfortable with. I could criticize him for not looking at the best available because I don't think every possible Maine guy is (Scott Pellerin says hi), still I do not see the connection to a continuation of current ownership, or for that matter a change in ownership.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe get past the Kings victory parade today?

No way they could interrupt Wimbledon. Or the Tour de France for that matter. Wouldn't want to do it during the baseball trading deadline. Definitely a no-go during the Little League world series.

25yearfan

Aug 5, 2006
That's both funny and sad at the same time. And you know those aren't Fritos and Tostitos, Wang buys the generic brand of those to save money (Frytos and Tastitos).

How about a nice glass of White Rock cola to wash it down....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad