GDT: NXT TakeOver Brooklyn 4 (18th August 2018) - Third Time is the Charm!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ciampa will have diff challengers for the next two Takeovers while Gargano is forced to work for it and work others to become number one contender for the WM weekend Takeover imo. That is, if one of them aren’t called up or they decide to put the title back on Black.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Ciampa will have diff challengers for the next two Takeovers while Gargano is forced to work for it and work others to become number one contender for the WM weekend Takeover imo. That is, if one of them aren’t called up or they decide to put the title back on Black.

I think Black vs Ciampa main events a TakeOver but I also see Johnny finally taking the title of Ciampa as well.. idk..

Ciampa needs a good face for War Games then, Dream is heel, Black still might be injured (and should win the title back, unless he's getting called up)

Guess it depends on how long they write Johnny out for with "injury"

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Once again, so much more superior than the WWE ppv during the wekend that it's not even funny anymore. Go play with your XFL, Vince and leave the rassling business to Trips.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I've seen two matches this weekend.

The Tag title match from Takeover and Brock vs Roman.

So yeaaaaaah I'm gonna give the edge to Takeover.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I've seen two matches this weekend.

The Tag title match from Takeover and Brock vs Roman.

So yeaaaaaah I'm gonna give the edge to Takeover.

Basically all the matches at Takeover were better than ones at Summerslam. Only Seth vs Dolph, women's triple threat(Becky's post-match beatdown of Charlotte helped) and AJ v Joe (despite the DQ) came close. But if I've understood correctly, they train the matches at the PC a lot before Takeover's and Ronda's matches too. It tends to show.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah I just finished Takeover. Everything was excellent. Cole vs Ricochet was an actual piece of art. Gargano and Ciampa was the usual great performance.

Now I....*shudder* shall fast forward through most of Summerslam I imagine.

Reactions: ColePens

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Basically all the matches at Takeover were better than ones at Summerslam. Only Seth vs Dolph, women's triple threat(Becky's post-match beatdown of Charlotte helped) and AJ v Joe (despite the DQ) came close. But if I've understood correctly, they train the matches at the PC a lot before Takeover's and Ronda's matches too. It tends to show.

I can attest to them working on matches prior to the Takeover. The UE vs Mustasche Mountain match was move for move what I saw at the house show in Lowell which is why I only gave it 4 1/2 and not 5 stars. It was a great match, but I was hoping for a different outcome. It's actually a small complaint on my part.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The difference is main roster is worked at about half the speed, is less hard hitting, and more "mat based" which means rest holds.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
If Ciampa had taken off his knee brace and placed/dropped it on Gargano after the match it would have been the perfect ending to their feud. An extra 1/4* to the rating as well. I absolutely love all 3 of their matches, but their first one is still my favorite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad