GDT: NXT TakeOver Brooklyn 4 (18th August 2018) - Third Time is the Charm!

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Watched the start of it last night and watched the last two matches this morning...a very very good show. What a surprise!?!?

Hard to beat the drama and story of Johnny-Ciampa but Cole-Ricochet was tremendous.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Amazing show. I hope none of them get called up. Well E3 can be called up. He's solid, but not great. And while we're at it - send The Revival, Tye Dillinger, and a few others back down and give NXT more time. Make it a full blown brand.

Thanks.

Tag Titles: ****3/4
Dream/EC3: **3/4
NA Title: ****1/4
Women's Title: ****
World Title: ****1/2

Reactions: TD Charlie

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
With Adam Cole dropping the NA Championship, I assume that means the War Games match will look like;

Adam Cole/Kyle O'Rielly/Roderick Strong vs Pete Dunne/Trent Seven/Tyler Bate vs TBD/TBD/TBD (Heavy Machinery + ???)?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
With Adam Cole dropping the NA Championship, I assume that means the War Games match will look like;

Adam Cole/Kyle O'Rielly/Roderick Strong vs Pete Dunne/Trent Seven/Tyler Bate vs TBD/TBD/TBD (Heavy Machinery + ???)?

War Raiders + Lars Sullivan

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Bobby Fish should be back for War Game too.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Amazing show. I hope none of them get called up. Well E3 can be called up. He's solid, but not great. And while we're at it - send The Revival, Tye Dillinger, and a few others back down and give NXT more time. Make it a full blown brand.

Thanks.

Tag Titles: ****3/4
Dream/EC3: **3/4
NA Title: ****1/4
Women's Title: ****
World Title: ****1/2

I don't dabble with star ratings because my opinion matters so little :laugh: but I want to give it a go for NXT. NXT is so much fun and easy to rank. I like the ratings you picked but oddly I give NA Title and Tag Titles 5 stars each.

In terms of the NA Title... i can't see how it gets better. I understand why people compare Cole to HBK. The storytelling and in-ring work is through the roof. The timing is impeccable. The level of difficulty of that match was probably the highest i've ever seen and they were flawless. The control Ricochet has while being explosive is freaking crazy. It's insane. If they are even a second off on some of those moves, the match changes drastically. They performed a perfect match with an awesome storyline and awesome storytelling. I reminded me of many HBK matches that deserved 5 star work in the same sense.

And I heard a review that said it best: Cole's promo work of saying Ricochet is great, but not special is the way to cut promos. When you say someone sucks, it brings both competitors down. When you say "You are great... I am special" then it feels even better. I loved that.

Tag titles.. come on! Storytelling galore and nonstop action. The storytelling, though. Jesus. I cannot understand how that match could get better in any way. So good!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
lol no....

Yeah, War Raiders used to be War Machine, which is why I got mixed up with them being Heavy Machinery.

But yeah, either team with Lars Sullivan would work as the third trio in that match

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Think of how good the tag matches have been the past few years.

We go from AA/Revival to Revial/DIY to DIY/AOP to AOP/Sanity to Sanity/UE

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Not that I'm wishing death on the guy... but, last night was a prime example of how much better WWE will be when Vince is out of the picture.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't dabble with star ratings because my opinion matters so little :laugh: but I want to give it a go for NXT. NXT is so much fun and easy to rank. I like the ratings you picked but oddly I give NA Title and Tag Titles 5 stars each. I give out even less 5-Star ratings then most people. I just watch so much wrestling that there's huge competition.

In terms of the NA Title... i can't see how it gets better. I understand why people compare Cole to HBK. The storytelling and in-ring work is through the roof. The timing is impeccable. The level of difficulty of that match was probably the highest i've ever seen and they were flawless. The control Ricochet has while being explosive is freaking crazy. It's insane. If they are even a second off on some of those moves, the match changes drastically. They performed a perfect match with an awesome storyline and awesome storytelling. I reminded me of many HBK matches that deserved 5 star work in the same sense.

And I heard a review that said it best: Cole's promo work of saying Ricochet is great, but not special is the way to cut promos. When you say someone sucks, it brings both competitors down. When you say "You are great... I am special" then it feels even better. I loved that.

Tag titles.. come on! Storytelling galore and nonstop action. The storytelling, though. Jesus. I cannot understand how that match could get better in any way. So good!
The tag match was simple - I liked their previous match more. :P .. It was also a step below Revival/#DIY which is the greatest Tag match ever, in my opinion.

As for the NA Title, I liked it a lot. But Ricochet isn't my favourite like others. I hate "silly spots" in my wrestling. It was cool when I was 9 and watched the WCW Cruiserweights. Now, it has to hit just right to me.

Ratings are purely for me, others can take what they want from them. ****1/4 is still 8.5/10 which is absolutely excellent.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Just finished the show. All the matches were fantastic. Wonderful storytelling throughout the event.

The main event was so well told. Call backs to earlier matches, LOT of character evolution and the ending having Johnny letting his emotions get the better of him. Masterpiece... once again.

NXT just delivers time and time again. Real wrestling >>>>> Vince's bullshit cartoon shitshow.

Reactions: ColePens

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Not that I'm wishing death on the guy... but, last night was a prime example of how much better WWE will be when Vince is out of the picture.

I disagree.

HHH won't be able to run WWE like it's NXT. Far too many factors that are gonna handcuff him.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't dabble with star ratings because my opinion matters so little :laugh: but I want to give it a go for NXT. NXT is so much fun and easy to rank. I like the ratings you picked but oddly I give NA Title and Tag Titles 5 stars each.

Amen.

The tag match had everything. Everyone was showcased, lots of strength and agility on display, phenomenal selling, counters and ring psychology. One of my favorite matches in a very long time. It was exhausting and punishing. Not sure if it’s five stars cuz i usually don’t do ratings either, but it’s safe to say it was an amazing show.

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I disagree.

HHH won't be able to run WWE like it's NXT. Far too many factors that are gonna handcuff him.
I'd like to think he would try. I'd like to think he would add a rotating schedule to keep talents fresh. Even he's admitted that there's so much going on that it's hard to get everyone on the shows, and he can't even do that in NXT, and it's essentially a rotation of talent that make it on. I think he might try something like that when he's running the main roster.

I think we'll see top titles stop being gimmicks or props and actually be meaningful, unlike what we see now. In NXT we see the best talents compete for the titles, and I'd like to think we'd see that on the main roster. We kind of see that on Smackdown at the moment with Styles/Joe, but Raw's main title picture is a mess.

I'd like to think that maybe HHH wouldn't push Reigns solely as THE guy, because he was around in the Attitude Era where they had two (or, he'd like to think three top stars and put himself in that category) with Rock/Austin, and then had guys like Angle, Taker, Kane, Benoit, Jericho that could shift in and out as legitimate contenders and beat the top guys, too. We see that in NXT -- of course it's different because the top guys are constantly being shuffled and moved up to the main roster, but I'd like to think he sees the value in having several top, marketable guys rather than one guy on their own who hasn't worked out for 4 years now.

Based off what I've seen in NXT, if Triple H were in charge of the main roster, Reigns would have turned heel long ago (basing this off Corbin's turn in NXT after his face run really wasn't working), Rollins would have been positioned as the top face but Balor and Ambrose would have had more faith put in them to shuffle into that spot, the main roster would be portrayed more as a sport rather than "sports entertainment" and it still would work because it's really good and better than forced, manufactured sports entertainment filled with buzz words and trying to pound square pegs in round holes.

Until proven otherwise, I have very little reason to not have faith in Triple H in handling the main roster. NXT is the best brand, 205 Live has been saved and is the next best brand since he took it over in January. It'll be a challenge for him on the main roster where he has more high profile names to work with, but on the other hand, he'll actually be able to book LONG TERM because he wouldn't have to worry about one of his top guys being promoted to the main roster and forcing him to shuffle things.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I just watched this (everything except the women’s title) and am baffled how this is the same company as RAW an SD.

Tag Titles, NA Title and NXT Title were all arguably 5 star matches.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Women's title match was also good. I'd recommend it as it's around a 4 star match. Kairi is fantastic and Shayna is good at what she does.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm gonna guess the next TakeOver looks something like..

Undisputed Era va British Strong Style vs Ricochet & War Raiders : War Games
Gargano vs Ciampi : NXT Title : 3 Stages Of Hell????
Shayna vs Kari : Womens Title rematch

That takes care of all the titles, Dream will get a match, then another mid card match as well.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm gonna guess the next TakeOver looks something like..

Undisputed Era va British Strong Style vs Ricochet & War Raiders : War Games
Gargano vs Ciampi : NXT Title : 3 Stages Of Hell????
Shayna vs Kari : Womens Title rematch

That takes care of all the titles, Dream will get a match, then another mid card match as well.
I have to ask, why would Gargano get another title shot? It makes no sense. He was the challenger and lost. He's lost 2 in a row to Ciampa. It needs to be a new challenger.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I have to ask, why would Gargano get another title shot? It makes no sense. He was the challenger and lost. He's lost 2 in a row to Ciampa. It needs to be a new challenger.

Because this story is far from over. Gargano has let his emotions get the best of him twice now costing him the matches. He'll get another shot somehow, idk the exact set up but this rivalry isn't over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad