GDT: NXT TakeOver Brooklyn 4 (18th August 2018) - Third Time is the Charm!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I love Kairi, I’m so happy she won.

On another note, I’m done with Gargano and Ciampa. Two finishes in a row where Ciampa wins while handcuffed on the finish, that’s a definitive conclusion to me. Gargano definitely is not as over as he was earlier in the year. And I know why that is, because it’s been a change to Gargano’s character, but they’ve overshot the mark if winning the championship is the end-game. Full Sail crowd was more for Aleister Black. Match was great, better LMS than AJ and Nakamura did. But it’s time to move on, apart from paying off the triple threat match.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
There is no way in hell NXT is part of WWE. Who books this? This shit is insane genius. NA title match was absolutely breathtaking. Great storytelling AND spots. Timing was impeccable. Holy wow.

This cannot be the same company that will produce a piss poor Summerslam tomorrow.

Reactions: SnS and TD Charlie

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We can hope Vince will be more interested in the new XFL and give HHH more creative control. I think that will be the key in the future how NXT stars can transition into the main roster more seamlessly.
The problem is the lose all their steam a couple months in by either eating too many pins or being taken off t.v or creative having nothing for them. Not too many NXT stars are doing big things in WWE these days.. It really sucks because NXT does a wonderful job creating these stars.

I know everyone can't be main event talent but WWE wastes a lot of people and their potential

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

On another note, I’m done with Gargano and Ciampa. Two finishes in a row where Ciampa wins while handcuffed on the finish, that’s a definitive conclusion to me. Gargano definitely is not as over as he was earlier in the year. And I know why that is, because it’s been a change to Gargano’s character, but they’ve overshot the mark if winning the championship is the end-game. Full Sail crowd was more for Aleister Black. Match was great, better LMS than AJ and Nakamura did. But it’s time to move on, apart from paying off the triple threat match.

While I think we get Black vs Ciampa as a TakeOver main event down the line I still think Gargano/Ciampa isn't done yet. How long is Black out for?

The story now is that Gargano can't control his emotion and costs himself the past two matches. We gotta see him know when to stop and finish the thing once and for all. Then finally be at peace and head to the main roster.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The problem is the lose all their steam a couple months in by either eating too many pins or being taken off t.v or creative having nothing for them. Not too many NXT stars are doing big things in WWE these days.. It really sucks because NXT does a wonderful job creating these stars.

I know everyone can't be main event talent but WWE wastes a lot of people and their potential

I would imagine HHH would want to improve the creative, perhaps bring in more people with wrestling knowledge, so that talent would not be wasted. Perhaps create more factions. Has he said anything in public yet how he would do things differently if he were given control right now?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

I'd like to see Adam Cole/EC3/Ricochet get a shot at Ciampa.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There is no way in hell NXT is part of WWE. Who books this? This **** is insane genius. NA title match was absolutely breathtaking. Great storytelling AND spots. Timing was impeccable. Holy wow.

This cannot be the same company that will produce a piss poor Summerslam tomorrow.

The story telling in every match and every program is excellent. The matches are given ample time to showcase the talent. Heels get heat. Faces get cheered. Imagine that!?

I expect tomorrow to just be a series of mediocre matches. Nothing will make sense. Nothing will transition smoothly. I was extremely impressed by the show tonight. Under three hours, five matches, everyone got their stuff in, nothing dragged too long, nothing rushed along, and even the “bad match” was good. Not to mention, and most importantly, the crowd and audience at home (well, me at least) was emotionally invested in every match.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The story telling in every match and every program is excellent. The matches are given ample time to showcase the talent. Heels get heat. Faces get cheered. Imagine that!?

I expect tomorrow to just be a series of mediocre matches. Nothing will make sense. Nothing will transition smoothly. I was extremely impressed by the show tonight. Under three hours, five matches, everyone got their stuff in, nothing dragged too long, nothing rushed along, and even the “bad match” was good. Not to mention, and most importantly, the crowd and audience at home (well, me at least) was emotionally invested in every match.
Just finished the event. It's surreal. I cannot believe how great NXT is every single time. Jesus. I love it.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
we need to stop comparing cards and enjoy this. (no one doing it here)
theres not a single time that nxt hasnt delivered.

insane card and results from every single match.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
we need to stop comparing cards and enjoy this. (no one doing it here)
theres not a single time that nxt hasnt delivered.

insane card and results from every single match.
They also do a good job keeping finishes and title changes fresh. Sometimes its hard to actually predict who is going to win... unlike other PPV's...

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Losing Black probably changed the storyline but I agree time for these two to move on. Gargano should put someone over and then get a call up. Either SDL or 205 live. Ciampa is huge over as a heel so I would run with that in NXT and Black when he comes back has a built in rematch.

Even a few months down the line I don't really want to see them fight again. Both guys really should be on main roster sooner or later. They have put NXT on their backs and they both deserve a shot.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Haven't seen the show.

Have seen the Cole/Ricochet super kick spot.

**** was insane

I literally stood out of my chair when I saw that full sequence. It was so perfectly built because he caught Cole's foot on the top rope one only to get caught by that beaut.

And the timing in that match... come on. Insane. The difficulty level of the timing was through the roof and they executed perfectly. The backstabber spot? Cole leaves his feet at the right time. It flowed so beautifully.

Reactions: FultonReed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad