NXT Part 7: TAKEOVER PORTLAND!!!! PPV OF THE YEAR COMING UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
AEW has a solid women's roster. They just don't use a bunch of them. Yuka is one of the best I've seen for example.
It is hard to get every division over right off the jump. They have one of the best tag divisions in wrestling and building up their main event scene. I don't think there is any doubt that long term they will be trying to build the women up with the rest of the roster. Getting a big name to really build the division around is kind of key imo they need to get Tessa.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
AEW has a solid women's roster. They just don't use a bunch of them. Yuka is one of the best I've seen for example.

I think defined stories are missing. But that is to be expected as it is super early. Like what do we really know about anyone? Nyla is big and strong. Riho is small, very talented, worked with Omega, resilient. Baker is from Pittsburgh.

And Brandy right now is all over the map.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It’s still shallow compared to WWE, Impact, and Stardom.

It isn’t exactly fair because WWE has women sitting in the PC that could legit become stars. They have hoarded women talent to an absurd degree.

All I know is with NXT, they need to strap a rocket to Rhea’s back. She has star written all over her.

Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Having this show every week at Full Sail is taking its toll on the crowd.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
DAMN NXT was a show! I loved it. The opening and the ending were beautiful. I wish there was a little more Raw invasion, but the OC were perfect. Seeing AJ in that ring is something I never thought i'd see. I marked out. I love all 3 guys are in boot cut jeans and dress shoes. That is so f***ing 90s wrestler. :laugh:

And man... main event was a blast. NXT/AEW once again hit home runs.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
came to see what was going on tonight on NXT, but I guess nobody is watching it?

I think WWE does a disservice by having it loaded the next evening. It makes me feel comfortable missing it for a live hockey game or something. Then I watch/skip what I want. I think it would be better if they delayed it a full week. If they want better live viewers.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have nothing but absolute respect for Yim - but I think they should slow it down with trying to make her a star. She is not ready. I think the ladder match proved it.

This NXT Women's roster might be the best women's roster in the game. Utilize all the strengths.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
BTW UE/NXT in-ring promos are 300x better than main roster. When UE say simple things like "YOU IDIOT" as they refuse to get into the ring but act tough. It's brilliance. UE is so damn good.

That Roddy/Cole sell of how Lee was talking was magic. I could watch UE all day. I think they are the best thing going today. UE, right now, are like Bullet Club at their absolute height. It's must-watch stuff.

Reactions: Allie Kitsune

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I have nothing but absolute respect for Yim - but I think they should slow it down with trying to make her a star. She is not ready. I think the ladder match proved it.

This NXT Women's roster might be the best women's roster in the game. Utilize all the strengths.

That match was brutal and nasty. That final bump by Yim was absolutely sick, and I was yelling holy shye when it happened.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think they tried to make her a star, they booked a ladder match and put the 2 women in it they trusted the most.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
These NXT bastards think they're funny delaying the final member for Team Ciampa huh?

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe we'll finally get a match with a real finish with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad