NXT Part 7: TAKEOVER PORTLAND!!!! PPV OF THE YEAR COMING UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the match was really good. Nyla had a bew botches. but it was a fun one.
even after the match she had trouble.

but if we gonna compare. nxt had better wrestling and show.
this doesnt change my opinion on what im watching. both delivered. this is gonna be fun.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@M.C.G. 31 and others - what did you rate the Riddle/Cole match?

IMO that is close to 5*. I watched it twice. When i get home i'm watching it again before the Pens. What are your thoughts?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Interesting. I thought that was the worst part. I liked both NXT women's matches way better.

I disagree. I thought all 3 matches were strong. Riho/Nyla isn’t the norm, so I can see how some would just instinctively look away from it, and going in, I was the same, but it was a terrific match and blew my expectations for it away.

I’d say Candice vs Shayna was the best of all 3. Mia/Io went a bit long for me.

I’m assuming we’ll see Riho vs Britt Baker or Brea next which will be fun.

Yeah I really have zero interest in Nyla/Riho in general.

I’m guessing you haven’t watched it. All I’m saying is I recommend you do.

Though you are extremely picky lol, so maybe don’t :dunno:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
the match was really good. Nyla had a bew botches. but it was a fun one.
even after the match she had trouble.

but if we gonna compare. nxt had better wrestling and show.
this doesnt change my opinion on what im watching. both delivered. this is gonna be fun.

Naw man... like we said. NXT was 10/10 for me. AEW was 8/10 for me. That is like saying I enjoy my cheeseburger AND fries. I am enjoying both. Raw f***ing sucked. Let's go. This is heaven.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

IMO that is close to 5*. I watched it twice. When i get home i'm watching it again before the Pens. What are your thoughts?

will watch in full tonight after hockey and get back

I disagree. I thought all 3 matches were strong. Riho/Nyla isn’t the norm, so I can see how some would just instinctively look away from it, and going in, I was the same, but it was a terrific match and blew my expectations for it away.

I’d say Candice vs Shayna was the best of all 3. Mia/Io went a bit long for me.

I’m assuming we’ll see Riho vs Britt Baker or Brea next which will be fun.

I’m guessing you haven’t watched it. All I’m saying is I recommend you do.

Though you are extremely picky lol, so maybe don’t :dunno:

After sleeping on it, I can’t say I’d go out of my way to watch anything wrestling even with how wild last night was. It’s not anything about either company or product (although Raw sucks), but just more of my own interest in wrestling almost totally fading.

They’ll all be PVR shows and I’ll decide if I want to watch them / what bits I do want to watch but I’m glad wrestling fans have the choice and variety now along with easy consumption of the products.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Too many good themes in this show.

You have UE theme and your like this is the best, but then you get Io's theme, and then Shayna's, and end it all with Ciampa's.

NXT has the best theme music in wrestling.

I think NXT will have the better wrestling and better stories, but AEW will have the big areana's and crowds (with still good wrestling).

I have been saying Balor will return to NXT for weeks, and along with that I said Asuka. She will be back in NXT. They are going to do Shayna vs Asuka 100% book it. As Heyman says this is not a prediction its a spoiler.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

Probably the best TV match I've watched this year. Right up there with Keith Lee vs Dijakovic.

Reactions: ColePens

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Naw man... like we said. NXT was 10/10 for me. AEW was 8/10 for me. That is like saying I enjoy my cheeseburger AND fries. I am enjoying both. Raw ****ing sucked. Let's go. This is heaven.

Pretty much my opinion. NXT was a 10/10 show. AEW a 9 or an 8. RAW was like a 3/10 Smackdown has to do something really new or Wednesday will be my only night of wrestling.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Interesting. I thought that was the worst part. I liked both NXT women's matches way better.

The crowd saved that match. It wasn’t bad, but it was botchy and I really had a hard time buying Riho not getting totally squashed.

I don’t like the size realism crap, but it was just too lopsided even for me. The crowd was so into it though that it was still fun.

Candice/Bazler was easily the superior match. It shouldn’t even be a question. I get some on the Internet are tired of Bazler, but her character is absolute money. She gets how to be a POS heel like almost no one else in the company right now. Candice is just awesome, and she was the perfect babyface in this match. I was 100% invested and devastated she couldn’t break the submission for the finish.

I don’t know what you do with the division going forward though. I don’t think a heel Io is the right move here. Dakota seems the most logical, but I stand by my desire to bring Asuka down to challenge Bazler next.

Reactions: Jussi and scrubadam

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I havent watched the nxt show yet because Canada lol, but aew was a 7 or so to me. Above average, but not gripping outside of it being a new promotion.
Happily going to completely watch this nxt show knowing full well it's takeover levels, and not complain.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ciampa not even looking at the title. Just Goldie :heart:
True love at its finest.

I like how Adam Cole didn't have some dumb look on his face or look scared or didn't know what to do. He heard the music, put his arm down, and knew that he would have to confront this moment and now it is time to deal with it.
His expression was perfect, almost like he was dejected.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Balor did an interview with Newsweek where he made sound like him being in NXT is going to be like a thing where he's floating around and does whatever he wants type of deal. He's already been in NXT UK.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@ColePens Riddle/Cole ****1/2

Fair. I rewatched it. I went 4.75. I thought it was incredible. That sequence where they were 1 for 1 big moves was incredible.

I think Io is going to be my first female match that goes above 5 stars. The shit she does in a ring is baffling.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Fair. I rewatched it. I went 4.75. I thought it was incredible. That sequence where they were 1 for 1 big moves was incredible.

I think Io is going to be my first female match that goes above 5 stars. The **** she does in a ring is baffling.
I was back-and-forth on 4.75 and 4.5. It honestly could be either and it’s not ridiculous at all.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I think Io is going to be my first female match that goes above 5 stars. The **** she does in a ring is baffling.

I can't think of any other male or female wrestler who always hits the Moonsault perfectly. Never seen her not nail it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I don't know if she'll ever get the combination of time and opponent good enough for that.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Just got around to watching Cole/Riddle and holy f***. What a match.

Riddle has improved by leaps and bounds. He has the makings of a mega star.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I have feeling HHH will really want to put on a great show this week to REALLY distinguish NXT from the main roster product.

That said, the show will probably open with Ric Bugz, just to f*** with some people's heads (I still remember how so many posters here were so clueless about him). :laugh:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Riddle - Cole was fantastic, but any love for Street Profits - UE. I always enjoy when those two teams go at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad