WWE: NXT Part 6 -- The Dream has no memory of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think Velveteen is definitely primed for a surprise Rumble entrance.

Think so?

I was thinking this might be the year we see Gargano or Ciampa make an appearance. You have to think both Gargano and Ciampa will be possibilities for the SummerSlam call ups.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Think so?

I was thinking this might be the year we see Gargano or Ciampa make an appearance. You have to think both Gargano and Ciampa will be possibilities for the SummerSlam call ups.
I don’t think they’ll get called up until their story is over.

As for Velveteen, I don’t think he’s a candidate for a call up for at least another year, but he’s not on the Takeover card so I’d assume he’d get a spotlight in the Royal Rumble. Cole got it last year and Almas the year before.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

As for Velveteen, I don’t think he’s a candidate for a call up for at least another year, but he’s not on the Takeover card so I’d assume he’d get a spotlight in the Royal Rumble. Cole got it last year and Almas the year before.

Both Cole and Almas were on the card the previous night though. So just because Dream isn't on the card doesn't mean he's the one.

I could definitely see it though. I personally like seeing NXT in the Rumbles as surprises than I do the nostalgic or one-time appearances.

I'd be fine with Black, Gargano, Ciampa, Dream, Riddle, Ricochet, etc all being in the Rumble instead of like the enhancement talents of the main roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Cole and Almas were both last year

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I hope Dominik Dijakovic (wtf?) doesn't expect to keep that name when he's on the main roster

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I hope Dominik Dijakovic (wtf?) doesn't expect to keep that name when he's on the main roster
Yeah, it's a really bad name. Like, why pick something that is awkward to say? His real name is Dijak, so I get them wanting to change it. But it's far better than what he's got now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, it's a really bad name. Like, why pick something that is awkward to say? His real name is Dijak, so I get them wanting to change it. But it's far better than what he's got now.
Vince doesn't like going over 4 syllables when it comes to names, and very often 3. This one is 7. He's got no shot at it and frankly Hunter should know better than to let it happen

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I don't use Twitter so I can't find the actual tweet to embed, but apparently this was on Velveteen's feed earlier today:

I Know My Worth.
The past year I’ve created a special atmosphere at NXTTAKEOVER.

Until WE* can come 2 an agreement as 2 what MY WORTH actually is, there won’t be any appearances or performances from
“The Velveteen DREAM” or
my likeness.

~ Thank U
— The DREAM (@VelveteenWWE) January 21, 2019

Work? Or legit? :dunno:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I don't use Twitter so I can't find the actual tweet to embed, but apparently this was on Velveteen's feed earlier today:

Its a work. He is also in the worlds collide tournament this weekend unless he pulls out of that.

I think Dream is going to shine in the Rumble this year.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Argh, handful of lower bowl seats opened up for Takeover but my buddy more or less has indicated that Rumble is probably all the wrestling he can handle for one weekend.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Argh, handful of lower bowl seats opened up for Takeover but my buddy more or less has indicated that Rumble is probably all the wrestling he can handle for one weekend.
Time to make some promises

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
ild go by myself. i understand some fans dont wanna do 9 hours of live wrestling.
but the main roster card is pretty sweet and the RR matches itself are always a blast anyways. so he'll have fun at the big show.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I went to Brooklyn 4 with a friend, but we probably chatted with the people next to us as much as each other. And based on the train ride back after, I would have had just as much fun with any other attendee there, instead of my friend. Wouldn't say the same thing about the main roster show.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
ild go by myself. i understand some fans dont wanna do 9 hours of live wrestling.
but the main roster card is pretty sweet and the RR matches itself are always a blast anyways. so he'll have fun at the big show.

Yeah, I've gone to an NXT house show solo before and had a blast. And similarly, I think I chatted with the stranger sitting next to me at WarGames more than I did with the friend who went with me. Gave some thoughts about doing Takeover solo, but logistics might be a little tougher. My flight lands after 2pm, so I'd basically have to go directly from airport to the arena so I'm not sure where I'd store my bag(s). And I'd feel a little bad making my friend wait on me for dinner.

I think I'll be happy enough to grab some BBQ and watch Takeover/NHL Skills comp at my buddy's place, but it's still some degree of FOMO that I haven't quite gotten over.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Even KO was gone longer than Dream.

Another good show tonight. The ending was great. Having Candice come out to try and talk sense into Johnny was an excellent/logical idea. She did well with it too.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
What an amazing ending. WOW.

I hope heel DIY walk out with all the gold after TakeOver Phoenix.

Gargano/Ciampa the best storyline in wrestling and they keep managing to make it fresh for closing in on 2 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad