Post-Game Talk: NWO WTO 12:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Got it, so you don't have the answers, only the ability to point out when things don't work. Super helpful. Great conversation.
I'd suggest to use more footwork and constant position switches from the whole unit to look more unpredictable. Whatwould you suggest? I guess you like that tactic of Ovechkin lookin old and washed up, Carlson shooting at blocks and Kuznetsov/Backstrom walking up and down the sideboard for a good minute to make a pass right into defender's skates?

Reactions: Pomee

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
We need to win games against the lower teams like the Rangers, and we need to win them consistently. No margin for error in this season, so we need to grab points and win the games that we should logically be winning.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Gabby said it best right now. Ok they are speeding by you. You cant make passes.

So what. You got size and you got strength. Get the pucks in deep instead of doing a shitty pass and then pound them. And pound them hard.

The Caps can win in different ways. If one way isn't working, do it in a different way.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Arguing over the PP seems dumb considering they are again tops in the league now that Reirden is gone. Clearly the issue is the inability to wake this team up for a matinee game. That’s an issue that 3-4 coaching staffs have yet to solve

Reactions: Futures Passed

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Caps deserved to lose this game. If I'm Lavi, I'm chewing the team out because no one came to play today.

The way they played, it would have been better to give Samsonov the start just to give him some NHL game rhythm. Nothing against Vanecek other than Rangers took advantage of his rebound control issues. It's why the Rangers scored on their 2nd PP.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I'd suggest to use more footwork and constant position switches from the whole unit to look more unpredictable. Whatwould you suggest? I guess you like that tactic of Ovechkin lookin old and washed up, Carlson shooting at blocks and Kuznetsov/Backstrom walking up and down the sideboard for a good minute to make a pass right into defender's skates?

What a ridiculous thing to say. First "looking old and washed up" is not a tactic. 2nd, why would I like that? Why would I like Carlson shooting at blocks? When did I even remotely suggest I liked anything about this putrid PP? I didn't, so you can quit making the straw man argument as if I did.

When the PP struggles, its generally NOT because of systems, schemes or formations. It's because of effort. The PP effort was as bad as the 5-5 effort, so no suggestions ware going to magically improve that. So pointing out all the positional changes that will or won't work is kinda meaningless, if the effort isn't there. Sure there are things they can do when teams are over playing Ovi's office, they can move him to the point or down low, and change it up more than they are doing. But if the whole unit is being lazy and sloppy, none of it will matter.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
What a ridiculous thing to say. First "looking old and washed up" is not a tactic. 2nd, why would I like that? Why would I like Carlson shooting at blocks? When did I even remotely suggest I liked anything about this putrid PP? I didn't, so you can quit making the straw man argument as if I did.

When the PP struggles, its generally NOT because of systems, schemes or formations. It's because of effort. The PP effort was as bad as the 5-5 effort, so no suggestions ware going to magically improve that. So pointing out all the positional changes that will or won't work is kinda meaningless, if the effort isn't there. Sure there are things they can do when teams are over playing Ovi's office, they can move him to the point or down low, and change it up more than they are doing. But if the whole unit is being lazy and sloppy, none of it will matter.
Oh alright so the scheme of dropping the puck into a no man's land by a defenseman skating out the zone and taking like 30 seconds off their own PP while trying to just break out their own zone is not the tactic that screws their PP?

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Summing up; our top guys didnt care to show up today, and rest of the group followed. Coaches appearantly didnt mind, since they didnt even try to mix it up, or benching the guys or even limit their minutes who clearly were having a terrible night (jc, ovie, etc).

Ive tried to keep it positive, but the last 10 games have not been good. We are currently not playing well enough to make it to the playoffs. Its short season and fix up needs to be quick.

Ill give it another 5-10 games, but if things look like they have been lately, i think its up to GMBM to take action. We cant put it on the coaching anymore, players need to get their share of responsibility too. Our top guys are just too comfortable in their chairs. Make a big trade from top6. shuffle the cage, rock the boat, force them to react. (And everybody knows who is on the line first).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad