Post-Game Talk: NWO WTO 12:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I haven't been inspired by this team since Fall 2019.

too many apathetic significant $ earners in important positions in the team....they need a big (not insignificant) trade IMO.

They lack identity IMO and could use a fiery personality aside from Wilson in the lineup, who we mostly can’t afford to lose with fights now.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Ovi's fallen off, this reminds me of his 2016-17 form.

He just doesn't have a veritable consistent impact on the game atm.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
too many apathetic significant $ earners in important positions in the team....they need a big (not insignificant) trade IMO.

They lack identity IMO and could use a fiery personality aside from Wilson in the lineup, who we mostly can’t afford to lose with fights now.
I think a lot of the problems stem from the inconsistent effort from 13,8, and 92 in the top 6 along with Carlson’s laziness/mental mistakes. On a game by game basis, you really have no clue which version of these players you’re gonna get. They could be the best players on the ice or be a hot mess and completely ruin their line/pairing. I would also say the problem is less pronounced with Carlson, he just isn’t very good defensively.

That’s why I like the idea of having Eller in the top 6. Vrana, Kuznetsov and Ovechkin need to be split up IMO due to their laziness, inconsistencies, and lack of forechecking ability.

The team has also gotten some of the worst goaltending in the league so far, so if Samsonov can come back and play up to form then that would be huge.

Reactions: crab

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
The decline in hitting is pretty alarming - not just our team but across the league.

It definitely hurts a team like the Caps. I don't really understand what / why it's changed? Players across the league just don't seem to be willing to play the physical game?

Reactions: troyerlaw

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I'm not convinced that's it yet. Could be, and the Rocket seems lost, but am prepared to wait and see yet.
Yeah I think he’s looked this bad or worse in each of the last 2/3 years during specific times. He’s also had times where he’s looked really good this year. He has 14 points in 12 games so far while having the 3rd lowest shooting percentage of his career. I think he’ll be fine production wise.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The decline in hitting is pretty alarming - not just our team but across the league.

It definitely hurts a team like the Caps. I don't really understand what / why it's changed? Players across the league just don't seem to be willing to play the physical game?

Byproduct of Covid culture, maybe? It does feel like these games are exhibition.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not convinced that's it yet. Could be, and the Rocket seems lost, but am prepared to wait and see yet.

Oh I’ll happily hold onto hope...but he’s not getting chances like before...44th in the NHL in shots on goal and his shooting % at 10.6 isn’t far off career average (12.7). Last two years he ran abnormally high in shooting % (15+)....time is catching him. He’s down almost a shot a game at current pace..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->