Nurse suspended 3 games

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
What a joke. I guess the league doesn't like it when the Oilers fight back.

1 game was more than enough.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
So ****ing pathetic.

If Domi had gotten 3 games, I wouldn't even be mad with this ruling, but the situation is EXACTLY THE ****ING SAME, only difference being, nurse landed a good shot and drew blood.

The inconsistency is ****ing mind blowing.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Wow. 3 games for utter ********. **** this league is ***** made. Absolutely ***** made.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Domi sucker punches someone from behind and gets one.

This reeks of an extra game for being a beast and an extra game for being from Edmonton.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Three games well deserved far as I'm concerned.

I really do appreciate what Nurse was trying to do but you just have to channel your energy better than that.

Hopefully this doesn't mean any more games for Nikitin :help:

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Too bad Nurse wasted this suspension on a player that didn't do anything.

I doubt he'll jump a guy ever again unless he wants a 10 game suspension without pay.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I thought 2-3. so 3 makes sense. you have to take into account the context of the event.
good lesson for Nurse to learn.
If there was a cheap shot and Nurse immediately jumped him, maybe it would have only been one game.

I actually think this was a fair judgement by the league.

besides, I think Nurse could use the rest and the view from the pressbox.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Except Domi is a rookie as well, and still only gets one game.

This makes no sense at all...

They got suspended for "different" reasons, Domi = Instigator, Nurse = Agressor? apparently.

Still just Stupid.

Here's my point, if it's Maroon doing this for Nurse, he gets 1 game. If it was Hendricks, for Nurse he would get 3 games (because of priors). This is the NHL being stupidly heavy handed to "learn this kid"

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
They got suspended for "different" reasons, Domi = Instigator, Nurse = Agressor? apparently.

Still just Stupid.

for real...
How is the guy who grabbed him face to face after they came together more of an aggressor than domi who chased his guy down, cross checked him from behind, then started attacking...

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Except Domi is a rookie as well, and still only gets one game.

This makes no sense at all...

Polak bled, that's the difference. It's stupid but that's the way the league operates.

Nurse needs to pick his spots better next time. He'll learn, I hope.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
This team needs to learn that to get revenge in this league isn't done with the fists anymore.

You hit the living piss out of the other teams stars.

The Oilers need to learn to respond to the Sharks by lighting up Joe Thornton and Logan Couture.

It's why San Jose folds like a cheap tent in the playoffs. Once Thornton and Couture play scared you have that team by the balls.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Polak bled, that's the difference. It's stupid but that's the way the league operates.

Nurse needs to pick his spots better next time. He'll learn, I hope.

A difference that people might be overlooking here is that Domi attacked Garbutt in the heat of the moment right after Garbutt's hit. Nurse went after Polak over two minutes after the Hendricks incident and waited by the Sharks bench for Polak to go for a change. A planned or premeditated attack might be seen as a more serious offence since Nurse actually had time to think about his actions and still decided to do it.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
for real...
How is the guy who grabbed him face to face after they came together more of an aggressor than domi who chased his guy down, cross checked him from behind, then started attacking...

But Polak done didn't wanna fight though, plus you can't let kids behave like that(and I'm not letting this go, because ****ing right is a big part of the reason)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad