Nurse suspended 3 games

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
A difference that people might be overlooking here is that Domi attacked Garbutt in the heat of the moment right after Garbutt's hit. Nurse went after Polak over two minutes after the Hendricks incident and waited by the Sharks bench for Polak to go for a change. A planned or premeditated attack might be seen as a more serious offence since Nurse actually had time to think about his actions and still decided to do it.

Good point.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
I would say appeal the ruling, but it probably won't be heard until next year considering how much of an inconsistent joke the nhl officials and disciplinary departments have become

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Meh. Deserves it.

I like his intensity though.

Having him take a few games to watch isn't exactly a bad thing either. The game has been a little fast for him.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
A difference that people might be overlooking here is that Domi attacked Garbutt in the heat of the moment right after Garbutt's hit. Nurse went after Polak over two minutes after the Hendricks incident. A planned or premeditated attack might be seen as a more serious offence since Nurse actually had time to think about his actions and still decided to do it.

Except Polak skated directly at Nurse and, according to some, running his mouth. What did he expect? He's a big guy known for playing tough, of course Nurse was going to engage him.

Fairy McGodfather

Liquored & Cynical
Feb 5, 2016
Rural Saskatchewan
What a joke, Domi actually attacked from behind and gets 1.

Oh well, with our schedule including tonight he gets 6 days off. Guess we just need to start spearing guys in the bag instead, because it's the NHL way!

Anybody up for some Sarcastapuck after Say Yes To Thre Dress?

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
This might sound bad, but when was the last time we had someone suspended for standing up for a teammate?

It sucks it is 3 game, but I won't lie when I say I'm glad we're slowly but surely growing a backbone. It might've been dirty or classless or whatnot, but thank **** the Oilers aren't push overs like they were the past 2-3 seasons.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don't have a link, but I could have sworn I seen Oesterle getting recalled on the Sportsnet ticker last night. Hopefully he's in instead of NN while Nurse is sitting.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
What a joke, Domi actually attacked from behind and gets 1.

Oh well, with our schedule including tonight he gets 6 days off. Guess we just need to start spearing guys in the bag instead, because it's the NHL way!

Anybody up for some Sarcastapuck after Say Yes To Thre Dress?

Oh I love Sarcastapuck, it's so much more fun than real hockey

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Except Polak skated directly at Nurse and, according to some, running his mouth. What did he expect? He's a big guy known for playing tough, of course Nurse was going to engage him.

He skated directly at Nurse because Nurse was standing in front of the gate to the bench. You can see Polak signal for a change before Nurse engages him. He definitely wasn't trying to get into an altercation.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
worth it, 1 game aggressor and 2 games for being tougher than the other guy. next time nurse just has to flinch at the other teams bench and they will cower. Wanna catch these hands?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

If the Hendricks play never happens, Nurse never jumps him. Polak chirping him might have pushed him a little sooner but it wasn't the main reason for Nurse jumping him. Nurse had full intention to target Polak there.

McDeathbyCheerios*

It's okay guys. [mod]

Whatever he is suspended for his action. And a dirty player ended up getting beat after a career of dirty ****. Worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
whatever, whats done is done, league consistency is a joke, refs are a joke, etc.

Just the topper on another season of pathetic oilers hockey.

phil steve

Sep 2, 2011
Personally I can't wait to continue watching Nurse beat up opposing teams wimpy players [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The league proving once again that it's all about who's involved and if anyone is hurt, not what you actually do. Domi's was worse, and yet Nurse gets 3 times the suspension? Bull****

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nurse deserved it, but I think Domi also deserved more. Only difference was the blood.
I think Domis was much worse. He freaking chased him down and tried to Bertuzzi him. Garbutt had no idea.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
A bit more than I thought it would be for a first offense, but ultimately the message sent outweighs a few games missed in the tail end of a lost season. He could use the rest anyway.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He got an extra game for being a big guy, and making him bleed.

As Nurse matures he'll learn to tone it down a step or at least make it look like the other guy is just as engaged as he was.

So I'm not that opposed to the suspension. I get that tough guys like Nurse need to be a bit more careful

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
It's not like he's an anchor on defense anyways. Let him sit. Nurse sent a good message, now let him deal with the repercussions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad