Confirmed with Link: [NSH/NJ] Subban (No salary retention) for Santini, Davies, 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
You know, if trading PK means we finally get rid of all of his silly fanboys like you it will be a good trade even if we use the money to bring back Vern Fiddler and Bubba Berenzweig.

Like I said, for some of you the hate is personal for some reason. Maybe things can go back to how they were for you guys before PK.

You should worry about Ellis, Turris and an aging goalie. That window is closing rapidly.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Well that was the narrative anyway. But heck, I'm pretty sure Ellis has been A LOT worse than we thought he would be and has actually become a pretty flimsy top-3 D. Josi is money in the bank. Ekholm is solid but not spectacular. Hamhuis is basically done. Irwin and Weber get walked all day. This is NOT "a lot deeper at D" than most teams in the league anymore. We got left behind on that one. Frankly, if Fabbro can't step up a lot more quickly than he has any right to, we may be entering "average at best" territory.

So anyway, now we have to get the forwards carrying things. Let's hope they figure out how to do that.

For sure. Fabbro looked great in his limited action for us last season but that was in 12 very sheltered minutes a night. That's quite different than replacing 20-25 minutes a night against the other teams top lines that Subban was playing every night.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Like I said, for some of you the hate is personal for some reason. Maybe things can go back to how they were for you guys before PK.

You should worry about Ellis, Turris and an aging goalie. That window is closing rapidly.
The window for Pekka may be closed. He still have the ability to play a 20 game stretch lights out just as he did for the cup run he hit stride at the right time. Last year it was Oct and part of Nov. The back up plan is poor Because Sarro's barley won 50% of his hand picked games last season. Sarro's strength of starts last year he should have won 61% of his games according to the advanced stats. It is hard to add enough scoring to overcome failure in goaltending.

The Preds pages get personal far too often it makes it difficult to discuss hockey in many cases.

Reactions: hockeyfan2k18

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
Rinne "flamed out" for exactly 3 games. The rest of the time he carried them. Had the Preds won Rinne would have had the Conn Smythe and it wouldnt have even been close.

And it's just as dishonest to say that we wouldnt have made the run without PK(and with Weber) when we managed to win without our top 2 centers for several games.

He was good for 2 games in the Cup Finals. Are we forgetting about Weber's playoffs previously with Nashville? How about PK's playoffs perviously with Montreal? PK's playoffs > Webers's and that's an undisputable fact.

Why the hell do you think you won wihtout forwards? Help from the backend along with good goaltending. But you want to give all the credit to the goalie and not the dmen. Spoken like a typical PK hater who feels the need to blame him for the team's failures but no credit for the team's success. I'm done.

Reactions: CapPred

Smashville Stroke

Apr 25, 2016
Lawrenceburg, TN
If Fabbro isn't ready, Santini sure as **** isn't the answer.
And I never said he was. I said I think we need to bring in someone to be the backup option at RD. Hamuis can’t be #4 as he is old, slow, and left handed. He is the 5/6 with whoever ends up with him. Whether that’s Fabbro or whoever remains to be seen. If we get Duchene, then I would like to see us try and use Turris/Bonino to get a serviceable RD with a year or so left. Even if he costs $3-4M or a little more. Teams are going to be looking to make changes while staying under the new cap. Maybe someone needs a 2C and has a RD that’s worn out his welcome or just doesn’t fit. Or someone needs a gritty 3C. There might be a mutually beneficial deal that can get us a RD to help transition Fabbro.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The window for Pekka may be closed. He still have the ability to play a 20 game stretch lights out just as he did for the cup run he hit stride at the right time. Last year it was Oct and part of Nov. The back up plan is poor Because Sarro's barley won 50% of his hand picked games last season. Sarro's strength of starts last year he should have won 61% of his games according to the advanced stats. It is hard to add enough scoring to overcome failure in goaltending.

The Preds pages get personal far too often it makes it difficult to discuss hockey in many cases.

Did you ever think maybe the goaltending failed because the offense didn't score? And Saros won 59% of his starts last year so stop with the BS barely won 50%.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Did you ever think maybe the goaltending failed because the offense didn't score? And Saros won 59% of his starts last year so stop with the BS barely won 50%.
I apologize you are correct I was looking at the 17-18 when he had those numbers none the less he is not a NHL starting goalie.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
"The data I used to back up my point is incorrect but nonetheless I am correct."
"The data I used to back up my point is incorrect but nonetheless I am correct."
Consider this in his NHL career he has played 79 games most of which have been hand picked games. he has 38 wins regulation 24 losses and 12 more OT losses. If that was an nhl season your looking at 88 points for the season and these games were selected against weaker teams for the most part. So does this indicate he has any chance to be the guy and even make the playoffs?? Not in any metric. Except for those who just wish and hope.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Consider this in his NHL career he has played 79 games most of which have been hand picked games. he has 38 wins regulation 24 losses and 12 more OT losses. If that was an nhl season your looking at 88 points for the season and these games were selected against weaker teams for the most part. So does this indicate he has any chance to be the guy and even make the playoffs?? Not in any metric. Except for those who just wish and hope.

Can you point me to these stats regarding his starts being hand picked? Just perusing his gamelog from last season it looks like a pretty even spread of playoff versus non-playoff teams.

As far as stats suggesting he could be a starter. He put up a 0.915 save percentage (20th among goalies with >1000 minutes) and a 2.62 GAA (21st among goalies with >1000 minutes) last season. Those numbers are definitely starter territory in the NHL. I'm not saying that he's a sure thing guaranteed starter, but he has definitely shown that he has the potential to be a starting NHL goaltender.

You

Jul 1, 2010
70 games started... SMH

Pace is about 97.5 points/82 if you use the 74 career games where he was the goaltender of record, but that's not perfect since if you come in 4 goals down, your team ties it, and you give up the fifth, you get the loss without really deserving it.

Last season would be 101.8 points extrapolated to 82 games (36 points earned in 29 decisions)

Last edited:

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
In 7 playoff games, Juuse has posted 0 wins, 0 losses, and 0 OTL. Are those the numbers of a Stanley Cup winning goaltender?

Jordan Binnington had 0 playoff games and only a half a season as a starter and just won the cup. Saros never started any of those games. He came in after the game was pretty much over with. You don't know who can be a starter till they actually get the job.

Reactions: predhead1 and hido

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Jordan Binnington had 0 playoff games and only a half a season as a starter and just won the cup. Saros never started any of those games. He came in after the game was pretty much over with. You don't know who can be a starter till they actually get the job.

giphy.gif

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

And you should know that by and large I have been a supporter of Subban, not a detractor. But more importantly, you should run along back to the Habs board and try to figure out when your window is ever gonna open again.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He was good for 2 games in the Cup Finals. Are we forgetting about Weber's playoffs previously with Nashville? How about PK's playoffs perviously with Montreal? PK's playoffs > Webers's and that's an undisputable fact.

Why the hell do you think you won wihtout forwards? Help from the backend along with good goaltending. But you want to give all the credit to the goalie and not the dmen. Spoken like a typical PK hater who feels the need to blame him for the team's failures but no credit for the team's success. I'm done.

He gave up 3 goals total in the three home games of the finals. I was there. Just because the Preds lost one of those games doesnt mean he didnt play well. Now buzz off

Reactions: Montross

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I still say the reason Blum busted was a complete lack of confidence in himself when we kept him down for too long and he started getting in his own head.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
I still say the reason Blum busted was a complete lack of confidence in himself when we kept him down for too long and he started getting in his own head.

Maybe. Point is, literally no one predicted his fall and you just never know. And he was much better than Fabbro in a larger sample size. He had already played in top 4

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
And I never said he was. I said I think we need to bring in someone to be the backup option at RD. Hamuis can’t be #4 as he is old, slow, and left handed. He is the 5/6 with whoever ends up with him. Whether that’s Fabbro or whoever remains to be seen. If we get Duchene, then I would like to see us try and use Turris/Bonino to get a serviceable RD with a year or so left. Even if he costs $3-4M or a little more. Teams are going to be looking to make changes while staying under the new cap. Maybe someone needs a 2C and has a RD that’s worn out his welcome or just doesn’t fit. Or someone needs a gritty 3C. There might be a mutually beneficial deal that can get us a RD to help transition Fabbro.
Hamonic, Stone, Tanev, Brodie, Daley come to mind. Some more likely to be moved, some more expensive than the others, but they all share two things. They're RD and they have one year left.

Looking at how Poile wanted no retention, someone with one year left so that deal would be off the books next year makes sense.

Reactions: Smashville Stroke

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Hamonic, Stone, Tanev, Brodie, Daley come to mind. Some more likely to be moved, some more expensive than the others, but they all share two things. They're RD and they have one year left.

Looking at how Poile wanted no retention, someone with one year left so that deal would be off the books next year makes sense.

I think with the Duchene situation and the RFAs we have to sign plus possibly Boyle, Poile's not gonna sign a d-man in the offseason. I think he waits till the season starts to see how Fabbro can handle the added responsibilities and what we have in Santini.

Question to all of those who have already verbally murdered Santini, how do you know he's that bad? He's played in one of the worst teams in the league for his NHL career and I think that's gonna show in your advanced stats. Where does the criticism come from?

Reactions: Gh24 and hido

TK

Feb 26, 2019
I think with the Duchene situation and the RFAs we have to sign plus possibly Boyle, Poile's not gonna sign a d-man in the offseason. I think he waits till the season starts to see how Fabbro can handle the added responsibilities and what we have in Santini.

Question to all of those who have already verbally murdered Santini, how do you know he's that bad? He's played in one of the worst teams in the league for his NHL career and I think that's gonna show in your advanced stats. Where does the criticism come from?

His numbers were terrible even compared to his own teammates. That's probably where lots of the criticism comes from. Statistically, he was substantially worse than every single other defenseman on that bad team, and pretty much everyone in the entire league for that matter. That's what showed in my advanced stats. Also, he was very often a healthy scratch and/or dropped down to the AHL over the past 2 seasons on that mostly bad team. Optimism is great, but there's none to be found in the case of Santini.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad