Confirmed with Link: [NSH/NJ] Subban (No salary retention) for Santini, Davies, 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
We got only f***ing Santini, Davies and 2 2nd rounders. That's SUCH A f***ING SHIT RETURN POILE!!!!!!!!
RETIRE NOW!

Reactions: NNCbama

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Guess Poile has been in the business for so long, he's finally just become senile. What a horrible trade

Reactions: Lobodomy

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
This is a horrible deal and it will always be one. These assets will never amount to what PK is now and will be in the future. Only good thing about this is that we actually land Duchene now. But that's no way to treat your best playoff performer. Now we have Ekholm and Ellis with their disappearing acts without any support.

You make the team better if you send Ellis away. I don't get what's so special in protecting the core that got nothing done without PK.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
That kind of return is the price of no salary retention I'd imagine. 9 million for three years is a lot to clear off the books. Taking advantage of that space is the next step.

Reactions: SouthNash

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
Would be funny if we dont get Duchene and Josi goes to FA......

Either way, if the return is true, this should be Poiles last offseason...

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Expensive to clear cap space, but this is a really bad deal unless Subban also has some health issues management is concerned about.

Reactions: torero and Enoch

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
We should be able to get a solid player at 34 whether it’s Brink, Kaliyev, Lavoie, Vlasic, or Robertson to name a few, and also this gives up 9 million dollars of cap space relief to possible add a Duchene to our lineup who I think clearly Poile has wanted for a while now. Hopefully this ends up working out for us, and this give Fabbro a Top 4 role for our team now :thumbu:, also Santini is better than Weber and Irwin for our Top 6.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
It's a move for free agency for ****s sake. If we got a haul for him we wouldn't free up space. I don't get why that's hard to understand.
If we wanted to free cap space we would ship Bonino or some other bottom 6er of ours away along with Ellis. THAT is a better world than sending away our arguably best playoff performer for f***ing peanuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad