Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Eeli Tolvanen signs extension with the Predators (3 years, $1.45M AAV)

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
I'd imagine his trade value going into the 3rd year would be super high if he develops into a solid top 6 player over the next couple years. Poile is a killer GM on these RFA deals.

Reactions: preds1 and abo9

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
This isn't a shot/condescending post rather a genuine question,

What happened in his development I remember there used to be league wide hype for this kid? Did his game not translate well, injuries, etc.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014

What happened in his development I remember there used to be league wide hype for this kid? Did his game not translate well, injuries, etc.
He's always been a meh skater. He was able to tear up the KHL despite his skating.

His game has had a harder time here because of his footspeed.

Seems to be figuring it out, tho.

Reactions: Captain97

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty

He played masterfully on the power play last year until he had an ankle injury he never got back from. He needs to get better at 5v5, but he absolutely has an elite shot. I don't think our fan base realized how good his shot was until he was on the power play. I am speaking for myself when I say that as well...truly next level. At 21 he is the best shooter on our team, and if he can continue to develop his 5v5 offense he should be a really nice top 6 forward/PP thorough bred for a long time.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I’m still impressed Poile is able to convince players to take this type of deal, especially since Nashville is closer to rebuilding than to competing.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Absolute steal of a deal. Gonna be fun seeing him on the PP for the next 3 years at least

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He's always been a meh skater. He was able to tear up the KHL despite his skating.

His game has had a harder time here because of his footspeed.

Seems to be figuring it out, tho.

He played masterfully on the power play last year until he had an ankle injury he never got back from. He needs to get better at 5v5, but he absolutely has an elite shot. I don't think our fan base realized how good his shot was until he was on the power play. I am speaking for myself when I say that as well...truly next level. At 21 he is the best shooter on our team, and if he can continue to develop his 5v5 offense he should be a really nice top 6 forward/PP thorough bred for a long time.

Ty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad