Post-Game Talk: Nowhere but up Jets Game Continued....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That third goal really ****ing pisses me off. Completely QUIT after a stellar outing by Schneider. I hope Schneider called them all out in the room and was tossing chairs. ****ing pathetic. Mailed it in like the losers they are. And that's straight up, because when you have 9 regulation wins in your last 42gp....that's what you are.

Yup there was no ****in reason that we had to give up that third goal with 36 seconds left. That was completely unnecessary. It's like we had to meet our quota of 3 obligatory goals against for the game. It was looking like it would at least be the first time this season we gave up less than 3 goals. Then they go and stop playing after the empty net. The truth is that most of the team didn't even play at all last night.:rant:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well our PP is god awful.

Our pp actually hasn't been THAT bad before last night. We've only scored ONE actual PP goal, but we've scored 2 others just literally seconds after a PP expired.

The PP last night is what it looked like back in 11-12 when Kovalchuk was causing many of those shorthanded goals.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
In before more Jets fans come in here and say ''But Montoya is a great goalie! He's won us so many games the last 2 years and is actually better than Pavelec and should be our starter at this point!'':laugh::laugh:

scary thing is, I saw this being sad on the Jets board

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
scary thing is, I saw this being sad on the Jets board

Gee, how did I guess?:laugh::laugh:

Keep starting Montoya and my lottery prediction will come true. He's a bottom 10 goalie in the league. Bottom 10 goalie, not bottom 10 starter. Pavelec is way better, he could have easily had the shutout last night too.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
In the post game video, Schneider is clearly annoyed. I'd be ****ing pissed too.

Salvador making statements about other teams in the division, worry about your own team! Who cares about what's happening else where, when your one of 2 teams that hasn't registered a win yet.

No accountability at all. I said yesterday Minnesota Boy would call out the team when they weren't performing. Salvador is just all calm, cool, and collective. The excuses bother me the most though. Don't look at other teams to prop yourself up. That's *********.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate to say it, but it is what it is. I feel more confident with Schneider in goal than Marty. He's clearly been better so far. He's also gotten 2 goals scored for him in 3 games, and has been shutout twice now. There is absolutely no reason for them to not split starts 50/50 at the very least right now. I don't think Marty has been too bad this season, but Schneider has the edge so far in who's played better.

Knowing idiot Pete, last night's performance was probably benchable for Cory.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I hate to say it, but it is what it is. I feel more confident with Schneider in goal than Marty. He's clearly been better so far. He's also gotten 2 goals scored for him in 3 games, and has been shutout twice now. There is absolutely no reason for them to not split starts 50/50 at the very least right now. I don't think Marty has been too bad this season, but Schneider has the edge so far in who's played better.

They've scored 2 goals with him in net, 2 goals! He basically stood on his head in 2 games so far, and they have done nothing for him. Nothing. From the defense to the offense. Bozo won't give the better goalie more starts. He can't make other simple decisions, so that would be too complicated for him.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York

I've said it probably a thousand times, goaltending, whether it be Brodeur or Schneider, should be the least concern about this team. I don't give two ***** what Fenwick, Corsi or any other bull **** stat has to say about how Hedberg and Marty were responsible for last year. If you have been watching this team for the last several months, it's pretty obvious they couldn't play their way out of a wet paper bag. Nothing has changed.

That said, Marty can't play behind a team like we watched yesterday. Maybe 5 to 10 years ago, but now now. Asking a 41 yer old man with a million games on the odometer to carry this team? Please. He would have gotten torched last night imo. There was just so much speed driving at the NJ goal. I mean there was literally no resistance by NJ. None. I don't expect them to be THIS bad too often going forward, but I agree that Schneider, just on where he is at in his career, is better equipped to deal with garbage like this. This team stinks to high heaven.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They've scored 2 goals with him in net, 2 goals! He basically stood on his head in 2 games so far, and they have done nothing for him. Nothing. From the defense to the offense. Bozo won't give the better goalie more starts. He can't make other simple decisions, so that would be too complicated for him.

I'm very surprised he didn't go with Marty for Winnipeg also. He hasn't ****ed up the goalie situation yet, but he's ****ed up nearly everything else I predicted so far.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've said it probably a thousand times, goaltending, whether it be Brodeur or Schneider, should be the least concern about this team. I don't give two ***** what Fenwick, Corsi or any other bull **** stat has to say about how Hedberg and Marty were responsible for last year. If you have been watching this team for the last several months, it's pretty obvious they couldn't play their way out of a wet paper bag. Nothing has changed.

That said, Marty can't play behind a team like we watched yesterday. Maybe 5 to 10 years ago, but now now. Asking a 41 yer old man with a million games on the odometer to carry this team? Please. He would have gotten torched last night imo. There was just so much speed driving at the NJ goal. I mean there was literally no resistance by NJ. None. I don't expect them to be THIS bad too often going forward, but I agree that Schneider, just on where he is at in his career, is better equipped to deal with garbage like this.

I agree and still don't believe Marty is as bad as his save percentage says. The fact of the matter is that with Deboer's system we've given up at least 3 breakaways/odd man breaks a game this year so far. We also gave up many last couple years too, but it was never this bad.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Someone said Marty would have died of exhaustion if he faced what Schneider did last night. I have to really think Marty is taking crazy pills if he wants to come back again next year. If this continues, with his legacy, I wouldn't want to be bothered with this crap. It's not worth it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Someone said Marty would have died of exhaustion if he faced what Schneider did last night. I have to really think Marty is taking crazy pills if he wants to come back again next year. If this continues, with his legacy, I wouldn't want to be bothered with this crap. It's not worth it.
I think either way it's his last year. He won't wanna come back after missing the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. This team will miss the playoffs if we don't bring in a new system that works.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'm waiting for Patty to snap and say something. Surprised he hasn't yet, he always tells it like it is.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I will say this, if Schneider is already spazzing out in the locker room, 6 games into the season then they absolutely HAVE to resolve that conflict or else this is going to get MUCH more uglier than it is now a.k.a him wanting to walk in a year and a half. He is the one guy that they cannot afford to irritate. He's probably the most important part of this organization moving forward.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
martys not the problem. he gets the puck out of our zone more often (and successfully) than zidlicky...not saying much, but still

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
This team will not beat Ottawa. Maybe the rangers but I wouldn't be surprised if we are the anecdote they need to get a win.

This is the sad truth. Doesn't matter how bad a team may be struggling. Play NJ and all is well.

Said it before, but I honestly don't see where the next win comes from. Just winning a single game is a tremendous task for this team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I will say this, if Schneider is already spazzing out in the locker room, 6 games into the season then they absolutely HAVE to resolve that conflict or else this is going to get MUCH more uglier than it is now a.k.a him wanting to walk in a year and a half. He is the one guy that they cannot afford to irritate. He's probably the most important part of this organization moving forward.

Yup I think it's important. He won't wanna re sign with a loser team like this. We NEED to make the playoffs at least one of the next two years for him to stay.

He won't wanna stay here with the losing, and a coach that pisses him off by not playing him as much as he should. And yes I'm aware that last part hasn't happened yet, but don't kid yourself. We know it will happen sooner or later with this idiot behind the bench. The same guy who started Scott frickin Clemmensen over Tomas Vokoun for a stretch wouldn't hesitate to bench Schneider for Marty.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I'm waiting for Patty to snap and say something. Surprised he hasn't yet, he always tells it like it is.

Elias has a love affair with Pete, so I really don't expect him to say anything.

He was more angry when Sutter was here than with anything last season when the team couldn't win.

Last edited:

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
This is the sad truth. Doesn't matter how bad a team may be struggling. Play NJ and all is well.

Said it before, but I honestly don't see where the next win comes from. Just winning a single game is a tremendous task for this team.

They'll probably win a couple at home once they get back from the trip just because the law of averages will start to come into effect and eventually they'll start getting a few breaks. I have absolutely no confidence in them winning a road game right now though which is massive problem since there going to have to put some kind of streak together if they even want to sniff a playoff spot.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Gelinas with another assist today. He has two and Merrill has three.

They have to be Norris trophy winners though to be good enough to replace any of our guys. Can't have any young guys coming here and making a few mistakes, we have vets for that!:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad